Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Why are fall Biz Class Fares to Asia so pricey?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2017, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Trying to book a trip to Japan in October.

Usually I can get some reasonable deals 90 days out. P or Z fares coming in at under $5K round trip.

But all I see now are Z fares that are over $8K.

What the hell is going on?
Old Jun 29, 2017, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
It might be for your specific dates/destination but have you seen this thread? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ares-asia.html
Old Jun 29, 2017, 7:00 pm

Programs: None anymore
I fly the opposite direction, and I got a great fare in October from ICN but now the price is as you said, over $5k.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 7:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
???
I can't recall ever seeing so many cheap J fares to Asia as right now.

Assuming from the handle OP is originating at BOS, there's currently a $2700 fare to TYO on AC.

Lots of other fares in the $5-6k range.

Originating city really matters for Tokyo. LAX is half the price of SFO.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 7:21 pm

Programs: UA MM, Marriott LT Plat
Just randomly punched in BOS-KIX for Oct 10-17. Routing thru SFO on P fares for $5400. If you change to BOS-TYO and click the "my schedule is flexible" for 6 days you get $5287 pricing. It'll cost more if you choose certain days of the week, but not that bad... As high as $5787.

But of course I'm assuming that you are looking to fly out of BOS.

Google flights has a $3031 fare if you do two stops on the return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.