Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

(Rant) My UA miles expired, I have no use for United

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Rant) My UA miles expired, I have no use for United

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2017, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy P, HHonors Dia, Hyatt Disc, FPC, Alaskan, Hawaiian, AA, United, Elevate, Amex
36k UA points barely gets me to San Diego and back. Maybe it would get me to SFO and back (but I could drive there in less than 90 minutes)
Not worth the $200 they want to get my points back. I could pay for a flight on another airline, and I'd spend less.

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Well, since you're heading to Alaska, be advised (again) that they charge to reinstate lost points, also.

Aloha!
Not going to Alaska. Too cold.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 1, 2017 at 3:03 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member -- please use multi-quote
Old Jul 1, 2017, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy P, HHonors Dia, Hyatt Disc, FPC, Alaskan, Hawaiian, AA, United, Elevate, Amex
45k one-way, off-season.

and their site is not user-friendly at all

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 1, 2017 at 3:02 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Jul 1, 2017, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Ramonmv
Yes, I'm glad you admit that your post was another falsehood. I couldn't find a single one-way ticket to Maui with 36k points. Really, stop the BS. Do you work for UA or something?
Here ya go - both ways - I can show a multitude of other dates. Maybe you need help on what to look for?
Attached Images   
Old Jul 1, 2017, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

LOL. I only fly non-stop. Those flights you show aren't worth the $200 they want, to reinstate my points.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist

Old Jul 1, 2017, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

LOL - 15 hours to Hawaii.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 12:30 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Thread closing message.

Although the respective, differing positions of OP and other members have been fixed and clear since at least a page ago, we let the thread continue.

However, the recent descent of the discussion to repeatedly violating FlyerTalk rule 12 against discussing each other in a personal way, rather than discussing the topic of miles expiration, (those posts have been deleted or edited), has caused the thread to be closed. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.