Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA MP award changes 1 Nov 2017 (Everyday award/dynamic price, No RTW, No Show fee,..)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 29, 2017, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Award redemption changes coming Nov. 1, 2017
http://mileageplusupdates.com/ (Thanks @joelfreak for providing link.)
  • Standard awards being replaced by "EveryDay Award" -- variable pricing
  • Some increases in longer haul international premium cabin saver awards (Generally 10% or less if any at all)
  • Some decreases on shorter non-stop partner saver flights outside the US
  • No changes for North America saver economy
  • No-show award redeposit fee $125 -- for everyone, no elite exemption.
  • Round the World awards are gone
  • No changes in UA/UX/Copa or *A mileage upgrades
*NEW* November 1, 2017 award chart

TPG has some tables showing changes to redemption costs.
https://thepointsguy.com/2017/06/uni...eryday-awards/

What if I need to change my existing Standard Award on or after November 1, 2017?

Any changes will require a ticket reissue and new pricing and additional fees may apply.
Print Wikipost

UA MP award changes 1 Nov 2017 (Everyday award/dynamic price, No RTW, No Show fee,..)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by wco81
You would think there might be a rush of J saver award redemptions to Asia and Australia or NZ before the award chart change?
Depends on your flexibility. Premium award availability can be thin to begin with to Australia and NZ, so if you see something that works for you I wound not hesitate too long.

And it does not really matter what the vast majority of people are doing; all it takes is one person wanting to book on your dates to negatively effect your availability.

SL
Old Jul 25, 2017, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Just got the email for this, booo-oooo, Mileage increases on routes I was looking at next year
Old Jul 26, 2017, 7:26 pm

Wow, we at FT knew about this upcoming change as early as June 30. Today, July 27 Japan Time, United finally sends me an E-Mail advising me of the upcoming changes themed "say hello to a new
award travel option". Nice
Old Aug 25, 2017, 8:46 am
ATD

Programs: Emirates Skywards, Delta Skymiles, Continental Onepass, etc.
I assume this is the right thread for this question?

Am I right that the under the post November 1 rules:

South Asia to Australia goes up from 17,500 miles to 25,000
Middle East to Australia goes up from 35000 miles to 45,000
Intra-India flights will go down from 20000 miles to 8000 (if less than 800 miles in distance, such as DEL-BOM)

?

I believe the above is correct but am just seeking confirmation from the pundits here.

--ATD
Old Aug 25, 2017, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ATD
I assume this is the right thread for this question?

Am I right that the under the post November 1 rules:

South Asia to Australia goes up from 17,500 miles to 25,000
Middle East to Australia goes up from 35000 miles to 45,000
Intra-India flights will go down from 20000 miles to 8000 (if less than 800 miles in distance, such as DEL-BOM)

?

I believe the above is correct but am just seeking confirmation from the pundits here.

--ATD
I'm not sure about the older values, but the post-November 1 values are correct. The 8K redemption applies to any non-stop* flight less than 800 miles within the same region, including intra-India.

* In practice, I expect that direct flights with a stop will also qualify -- that is, flights that stop, but use the same flight number all the way through. We won't know for sure until November 1.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:30 pm

value added redemption for elites and CC holders under "Everyday"

Will non elite and non premium high annual fee credit cards also be able to redeem "everyday awards" at the same mileage level and availability as us. Currently , Its a perk to be able to pick last seat availability at non surge uber style pricing.

Should United have called the program "Every day priing except for the 30 or 40 days when we can either get high revenue sales or more miles.

Jan 1 , Presidents week end, School break for college kids. Spring an wnter break for k-12 students when familes need to travel.

The list od days goes on and on.
For example a one way coach on AA NYC to MIA on Dec 23 is 65,000 miles one way of 260,000 miles round trip.

Converely the same city pairs on the same day on UA are 25K in Y and 50K

So have soon before every day pricing really does not mean every day
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by writetorich
Will non elite and non premium high annual fee credit cards also be able to redeem "everyday awards" at the same mileage level and availability as us. Currently , Its a perk to be able to pick last seat availability at non surge uber style pricing.

Should United have called the program "Every day priing except for the 30 or 40 days when we can either get high revenue sales or more miles.
All customers who are eligible for last-seat Standard awards will be eligible for last-seat Everyday awards. The Everyday prices listed are a cap. For the lower 48, Alaska, and Canada, it's 32.5K each way (vs. 25K with Saver Standard Awards).

Nobody will be asked to pay more than this; however, general members who are not eligible cardholders do not have last-seat availability and may be unable to book certain flights.

(Corrected above -- thanks WineCountryUA)

Last edited by jsloan; Aug 30, 2017 at 12:16 am Reason: Corrected Standard vs. Saver
Old Sep 30, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Changes to award fees

http://mileageplusupdates.com/mileag...nglish/awards/

Get ready to pick up the bar of soap

We’re introducing Everyday Awards, an award with pricing that will vary from flight to flight. Everyday Awards will replace Standard Awards for all award travel booked on or after November 1, 2017.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 30, 2017 at 4:11 pm Reason: repaired quote
Old Sep 30, 2017, 4:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
So they have published the "Everyday" award chart. Everyday Award Chart. (Maybe this is old news?)

At first glance, it is similar to the current Standard chart. The key point is that "Pricing for Everyday Awards will vary from flight to flight, but will not be higher than what is published on the Everyday Award chart." So, for example, an "Everyday" to Europe will be capped at 155K (current standard 150K) and "premium transcon" at 60K (current 50K).

Much better than DL.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
So they have published the "Everyday" award chart. Everyday Award Chart. (Maybe this is old news?)
They published the chart when they made the original announcement.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by porciuscato
http://mileageplusupdates.com/mileag...nglish/awards/

Get ready to pick up the bar of soap
The $50 fee to change awards for plats hurts.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 6:12 pm

Programs: papa card, UA 1K
I've previously used my UA miles to fly round the world many times but stopped doing that when UA gutted their award redemption what was it - a couple of years ago? - I forget. I've recently been using miles only for US domestic last minute trips so I am interested to see how much domestic saver award space changes.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:03 am

Hi All

just so I read the new chart correctly

LAX-Sydney would need 200k miles on a business class seat?

TIA
Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:12 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ALPINAB7
LAX-Sydney would need 200k miles on a business class seat?
Starting 1 Nov 2017, it would be up to 200K --- could be less, for an everyday/standard award. A saver would be 80K -- both each way.

It is presently a fixed 175K for standard or 70K saver
Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Starting 1 Nov 2017, it would be up to 200K --- could be less, for an everyday/standard award. A saver would be 80K -- both each way.

It is presently a fixed 175K for standard or 70K saver
Of course, since saver tickets to SYD are virtually nonexistent, the point may be moot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.