Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2019, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United Clubs, fairly similiar amentities
- near Gate C4 (reported open by Say Vandelay on Aug 29 2023)
- near Gate C7
- near Gate D8
- near Gate C17

Terminal B (B45/47)
- LH Business/Senator Lounges
Consolidated "Access to Lufthansa Lounge at IAD" Thread [2014 forward]
- TK Lounge
Access / reviews for TK's IAD *A lounge

UA Polaris Lounge -- IAD Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

IAD United Club: Which is best?

Restaurant option for Priority Pass (Chase, Citi):
Chef Geoff's - https://liveandletsfly.com/chef-geoffs-dulles-review/

archve: Best *G IAD Lounge for UA flyers {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Best *G IAD Lounge for UA flyers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2023, 10:20 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Food wise, TK is better than LH (IMHO). I like the sort of quiet space they have in the back area as well, though the lounge can be busy depending on how many pax are using PP to access it.
Agreed and agreed - I like that back area too.

OP you can use the Polaris Lounge if you are travelling *A business (or UA C obviously).
Old Jan 12, 2023, 11:14 am

Programs: AC, AA, TK, OW Emerald
Both the TK and LH business lounges were really busy (TK turning away PP) when I visited, and the food offering didn't impress me in either lounge.
The Polaris lounge was miles ahead of those two lounges, although the experience may have been unusually good because I visited during a low traffic period (1 PM - 3PM) before UA TATL passengers arrived.
chrisny2 and Flying Machine like this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by LaziestRaccoon
I am now trying to book my ticket that can be any star alliance or United from IAD to Europe. I know they are located in different terminals. I would like to decide based on the lounge experience I can get lol. Would you prefer TK or LH to United Club? I have been to both TK and LH lounges and both were quite good.
If you have the time before departure, do them all.

David
Old Jan 12, 2023, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by DELee
If you have the time before departure, do them all.

David
Let me calculate: Concourse B—>C—>D—>B, at least, 1 hour; visit UC for 20 min (x3). That is 2 hours, plus time spent in TK and LH lounges.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Kmxu
Let me calculate: Concourse B—>C—>D—>B, at least, 1 hour; visit UC for 20 min (x3). That is 2 hours, plus time spent in TK and LH lounges.
Let's one be the Original *A Lounge Lizard.

David
Old Jan 12, 2023, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by DELee
Let's one be the Original *A Lounge Lizard.

David
in my personal opinion the UA lounges at IAD are a total pass, I would spend more time at TK and LH any day, If I didn’t have access to Polaris. Furthermore, with PP Air France has really nice champagne if you ask for it (if that’s your fancy) and the French bread sandwiches remind me of a patisserie in Paris, butter and all

CMK10 once tipped me off you can use Virgin Atlantic as well with PP

*this is a star alliance thread, just sayin if your were in the neighborhood*
Old Jan 14, 2023, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by Flying Machine

CMK10 once tipped me off you can use Virgin Atlantic as well with PP
I often read info posted by CMK10. That said, the VS lounge is a Plaza Premium lounge, not a Priority Pass lounge. Plaza Premium access is provided to me as part of my Capital One Venture X credit card. Showing the actual credit card is what gives access.

That said, last Sunday, as a *G, flying UA IAD-LHR and had lots of time. I tried the VS lounge first. Bright lounge. Choose one from each of three courses via QR code with unlimited drinks. She did mention a time limit when I entered, although I didn't catch what it was. I only had soup.

I then went to the AF lounge with Priority Pass access (also through the Capital One Venture X credit card). Big sign - not accepting Priority Pass due to crowding - this was around 3 PM. I found that strange because IAD, last Sunday afternoon, was like flying during COVID. I could have counted the number of passengers in the A concourse and not lost track.

Off to the TK lounge. There was a line of at least a dozen passengers. I skipped it and headed to the LH lounge. Out of all of the lounges, I do like the food selection best (on the SEN side). There was plenty of available seating, including by the windows. Selected a few items from the buffet and had a drink.

Back by the TK lounge (around 5 PM now), line not existent. Desk attendant noted *G and said 'you do real flying - not from a credit card'. The buffet looked good, but I didn't try any food. There is a draft machine for still and sparking water, cold brew coffee, and kombucha. Kombucha seems to be very popular, so I tried a glass of it. Glad I did before I actually bought any. Meh...

Flight departing from C4, so I finished my time at the UA C7 lounge, as I had a few work items to handle. It was mainly empty - likely no more than a dozen guests at any given time. Standard buffet with the main being a mac & cheese 'bar'. But what I do like about the UA Clubs is the ability to have a quiet workspace. I didn't explore the VA lounge and as far as I know, neither the LH SEN nor the TK lounges have such a thing. (Although the LH SEN lounge does have a printer - something I wish UA had not eliminated.)

For working, it is still the UA Club. For relaxing, and if I have time, it is either the LH SEN or TK lounge.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 11:32 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I visited two lounges yesterday (Monday).

- Turkish. I arrived at 3 PM and they were standing room only. Judging by the line when I arrived and left it was mainly PP

I didn't eat but it was good to see all the hot options

Liquor selections have improved over my 2022 visits

- Lufthansa SEN: I arrived at 3:30 and it was much quieter

Food is back to normal since my last (2021) visit. They also have a full bar again with liquor.
rittenhousesq likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
I wonder if the opening of the Polaris lounge has thinned out the LH lounge crowd.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 6:35 am

Just a note to say the TK lounge opens at 7:30am, not the 6am posted on the *A lounge finder website.
(yes, that is notoriously out of date)

There was a line forming at 7:30 so that opening time must be posted somewhere. EDIT: checked the Priority Pass website which reflects 7:30 - 23:00 hours.

Breakfast spread with eggs, Greek yogurt, oatmeal, blueberries and other fruit was

Last edited by whlinder; Apr 26, 2023 at 9:29 am
Old Apr 26, 2023, 6:56 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
I was reading this thread as I'll be doing a domestic to International transit (UA to ET) in a couple of months. On the UA website it indicates the midfield United Club near gate C4 is open (see image below).

I am hesitant to update the wiki as I have not seen the C4 location open and operational. If someone chimes in, I'll happily do the wiki.

Old Apr 26, 2023, 8:47 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by cheltzel
I was reading this thread as I'll be doing a domestic to International transit (UA to ET) in a couple of months. On the UA website it indicates the midfield United Club near gate C4 is open (see image below).

I am hesitant to update the wiki as I have not seen the C4 location open and operational. If someone chimes in, I'll happily do the wiki.

The App says temporarily closed.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Artpen100
I wonder if the opening of the Polaris lounge has thinned out the LH lounge crowd.
I have been a couple of times recently and it was certainly not crowded (TK MUCH worse!)
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I was scheduled to have about two hours today at IAD (RDU-IAD-MCI), so I specifically decided to head over to the TK lounge for dinner. We landed at one of the high D gates, I took the moon buggy to A and walked to B (it feels like less walking than taking the train) and the place was packed. Three of the folks entering ahead of me were all using their PriorityPass, plus it was 5pm, so the place was full of pax on the various *A departures. The upstairs seating area was open, though it felt like standing room only in many places when I first arrived. I eventually found a single seat along the wall.

The chicken and beef dishes were both great, as usual, and the staff was working really hard to refresh the offerings. I felt bad for the bartender as she was slammed with orders. This was the first time I've drank alcohol at the TK lounge, though the wait wasn't more than four-five minutes to get my beer. I went with the Rhine Chasers Pilsner by Lost Rhino Brewing Company (Ashburn, VA).

Overall, I think TK is my favorite *G lounge at IAD. I have not been to the LH lounge since pre-covid, so I can't comment about their current offerings.
Old May 26, 2023, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Flying out of C12. WHich Club lounge is better? C7 or C17? Is C7 the one where you go downstairs? Been 5 years since I’ve flown through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.