Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2019, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United Clubs, fairly similiar amentities
- near Gate C4 (reported open by Say Vandelay on Aug 29 2023)
- near Gate C7
- near Gate D8
- near Gate C17

Terminal B (B45/47)
- LH Business/Senator Lounges
Consolidated "Access to Lufthansa Lounge at IAD" Thread [2014 forward]
- TK Lounge
Access / reviews for TK's IAD *A lounge

UA Polaris Lounge -- IAD Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

IAD United Club: Which is best?

Restaurant option for Priority Pass (Chase, Citi):
Chef Geoff's - https://liveandletsfly.com/chef-geoffs-dulles-review/

archve: Best *G IAD Lounge for UA flyers {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Best *G IAD Lounge for UA flyers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2022, 8:08 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by CMK10
Turkish Lounge

Stopped in Sunday from 1615-1645. Lounge was crowded. Food options pretty mediocre especially compared to a few years ago.
I was there on the 16th in the evening for a bit. My first time at the lounge so I have no comparison point. It was pretty crowded. The meatballs (I forget what the sauce was called) were delicious and that baklava was amazing. Definitely a worth detour from the 'food' at the United Club.
SPN Lifer and Flying Machine like this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 11:12 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Do you need to be flying VS? or is any other airline permissible for entrance with a Platinum Card.. Never knew..
Any airline. It's applicable at JFK, EWR and SFO as well as all these lounges are now taken over by Plaza Premium. I got in with the same IAD-RDU BP I used to access the TK Lounge 10 minutes later.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by ty97
I was there on the 16th in the evening for a bit. My first time at the lounge so I have no comparison point. It was pretty crowded. The meatballs (I forget what the sauce was called) were delicious and that baklava was amazing. Definitely a worth detour from the 'food' at the United Club.
Currently chilling in TK lounge lounge, came around 2pm, it was practically empty. Food is very good, and booze is great. Definitely worth it. ​ ​​​​​​​​​​​

Last edited by SergeL; Mar 8, 2022 at 6:55 pm
Old Mar 8, 2022, 1:53 pm

How far is the TK lounge from the C gates (roughly)?
Old Mar 8, 2022, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by Shaetan
How far is the TK lounge from the C gates (roughly)?
It's in Terminal B, so you would have to take a train or shuttle. United App navigation says 30 minutes give or take.
Artpen100 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by SergeL
It's in Terminal B, so you would have to take a train or shuttle. United App navigation says 30 minutes give or take.
Got it, thanks
Old Mar 8, 2022, 4:43 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by Shaetan
Got it, thanks
I’d put it at 15-20min depending on where in C you are going/coming from. The fastest I’ve gotten to C is about 10min.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by dinoscool3
I’d put it at 15-20min depending on where in C you are going/coming from. The fastest I’ve gotten to C is about 10min.
I did actually clocked myself, it took approximately 15-17 minutes for me to get to the beginning of terminal C, and 30 minutes to my gate D19.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by SergeL
30 minutes to my gate D19.
What was your routing for that? I usually walk to A and take the moon buggy to D, takes 3-5 min longer than B to C on the train.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
What was your routing for that? I usually walk to A and take the moon buggy to D, takes 3-5 min longer than B to C on the train.
I actually went to the beginning of A, approximately A15, and took the train. It was some walk from train to C, but it was actually not that bad. ​​​
Old Mar 8, 2022, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
If you’re going to the D gates that’s the best way to go in my opinion especially if you’re going to the Air France lounge . If you’re at TK/LH I would take the train to C and walk
Old Mar 8, 2022, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
If you’re going to the D gates that’s the best way to go in my opinion especially if you’re going to the Air France lounge . If you’re at TK/LH I would take the train to C and walk
I was at TK lounge, and simply followed United App directions ​​​. I'll experiment next time ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
Old Mar 9, 2022, 4:16 am
ofj

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum, Marriott Platinum
If you have the Amex Platinum card, use the Virgin Atlantic Flying Club lounge instead. It's much quieter, since it doesn't belong to Priority Pass

The AF / KLM lounge depends on capacity controls, for Priority Pass holders - I've visited in the evening and they've let me in, on numerous occassions
Old Mar 9, 2022, 8:40 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by ofj
If you have the Amex Platinum card, use the Virgin Atlantic Flying Club lounge instead. It's much quieter, since it doesn't belong to Priority Pass

The AF / KLM lounge depends on capacity controls, for Priority Pass holders - I've visited in the evening and they've let me in, on numerous occassions
Im a fan of the Champagne at AF, the French Bread sandwiches are pretty good too.

Thanks for the tip on Virgin Atlantic, read that a month or so ago here in this thread.. Never knew
Artpen100 likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 8:43 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
I figure in about 30 minutes from when boarding starts. I don't like to cut it too close. Incidentally, the train station elevator across from the BA lounge is faster than the escalator. Save 15 seconds!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.