Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2019, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United Clubs, fairly similiar amentities
- near Gate C4 (reported open by Say Vandelay on Aug 29 2023)
- near Gate C7
- near Gate D8
- near Gate C17

Terminal B (B45/47)
- LH Business/Senator Lounges
Consolidated "Access to Lufthansa Lounge at IAD" Thread [2014 forward]
- TK Lounge
Access / reviews for TK's IAD *A lounge

UA Polaris Lounge -- IAD Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

IAD United Club: Which is best?

Restaurant option for Priority Pass (Chase, Citi):
Chef Geoff's - https://liveandletsfly.com/chef-geoffs-dulles-review/

archve: Best *G IAD Lounge for UA flyers {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Best *G IAD Lounge for UA flyers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2024, 3:17 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Just a small correction that the Senator Lounge is located upstairs while the Business Lounge is located downstairs at the Lufthansa Lounge in IAD.
Thanks I appreciate the correction :-)
SPN Lifer and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 8:10 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
My recent preference for a meal is TK lounge -- assuming you like something vaguely middle eastern. I've generally had lunches there, but usually they have a choice of two proteins - say chicken and lamb. One in a sauce, the other less sauced, plus things like soup, hummus, tzatziki, etc. LH tends to be less interesting - small wraps and sandwiches. Bar probably a bit better in LH. LH can be crowded late afternoon given European bank of flights, but I haven't checked TK at that time - perhaps it is crowded too.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 8:37 am

Programs: CO gold
Originally Posted by drewguy
My recent preference for a meal is TK lounge -- assuming you like something vaguely middle eastern. I've generally had lunches there, but usually they have a choice of two proteins - say chicken and lamb. One in a sauce, the other less sauced, plus things like soup, hummus, tzatziki, etc. LH tends to be less interesting - small wraps and sandwiches. Bar probably a bit better in LH. LH can be crowded late afternoon given European bank of flights, but I haven't checked TK at that time - perhaps it is crowded too.
Alas, TK can be insanely crowded in the afternoon. I strongly endorse it for food though. I'd agree that for a 6 hour layover, eating at TK and working/hanging at LH is the way to go (and also worth the trek from C/D).
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I personally would walk back to the UC in C after eating my fill. The service and food may be non-existent but it tends to be nice and quiet.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Adding to the preference for TK over LH if you want a decent meal. I might give the LH lounge a preference for beer selection, though, as I didn’t remember TK having any Turkish beer last time I visited. A pretzel and German beer from the LH lounge after visiting TK might be worthwhile if you feel like moving over before your flight.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 10:34 am

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Originally Posted by findark
I personally would walk back to the UC in C after eating my fill. The service and food may be non-existent but it tends to be nice and quiet.
Not if you're talking about C-small in the afternoon/evening European departure peak.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by HkCaGu
Not if you're talking about C-small in the afternoon/evening European departure peak.
I can't remember exactly what time it was (I was departing TATL on a UA flight but it was on the late side), but both LH and TK lounges were packed to the gills and between C4 and C7 lounges there was often a quiet place.

If I had to guess, it was later than peak hours and so maybe quieter because of that. Worth a thought anyway - if you eat in TK/LH and there is nowhere to sit, it can't get much worse to go back over to C
Old Jan 2, 2024, 1:52 pm

TK usually is fuller in the afternoon/evening, where seats can be a challenge to find while LH you can get a seat, but TK has better food. TK breakfast is wonderful.

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Adding to the preference for TK over LH if you want a decent meal. I might give the LH lounge a preference for beer selection, though, as I didn’t remember TK having any Turkish beer last time I visited. A pretzel and German beer from the LH lounge after visiting TK might be worthwhile if you feel like moving over before your flight.
TK beer is two local ones from Lost Rhino, I think their Face Plant IPA and Rhino Chaser, which I saw yesterday during 7am New Years mimosas. Plus one German type IIRC.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 10:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by findark
I can't remember exactly what time it was (I was departing TATL on a UA flight but it was on the late side), but both LH and TK lounges were packed to the gills and between C4 and C7 lounges there was often a quiet place.

If I had to guess, it was later than peak hours and so maybe quieter because of that. Worth a thought anyway - if you eat in TK/LH and there is nowhere to sit, it can't get much worse to go back over to C
thanks for the suggestions. I’ll be sure to check out multiple lounges and hop depending on traffic.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Agreed about the overall quality of the food at TK, but when it’s crowded the bathroom lines can take so long that you’d spend less time walking to the LH lounge just to use the facilities there.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 11:06 pm

Programs: UA
When I'm in the TK lounge I often just use the regular restroom right outside to avoid the line - even if I have to briefly mix with non-elites
Old Jan 6, 2024, 6:52 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Originally Posted by whlinder
TK usually is fuller in the afternoon/evening, where seats can be a challenge to find while LH you can get a seat, but TK has better food. TK breakfast is wonderful.

TK beer is two local ones from Lost Rhino, I think their Face Plant IPA and Rhino Chaser, which I saw yesterday during 7am New Years mimosas. Plus one German type IIRC.
TK used to serve Myanmar beer. An undistinguished lager, but I have never seen it anywhere else.

i haven’t been to IAD in several months, but it seemed to me that LH was less crowded. Like me, I think any *G international business class flyer is now going to Polaris, and maybe only dropping by LH on the way to the gate or for direct boarding.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by starless
When I'm in the TK lounge I often just use the regular restroom right outside to avoid the line - even if I have to briefly mix with non-elites
And the B Concourse is usually so calm and empty that it's way easier.

Originally Posted by Artpen100
TK used to serve Myanmar beer. An undistinguished lager, but I have never seen it anywhere else.

i haven’t been to IAD in several months, but it seemed to me that LH was less crowded. Like me, I think any *G international business class flyer is now going to Polaris, and maybe only dropping by LH on the way to the gate or for direct boarding.
Yeah I've flown TK business twice in the past 18 months and both times did Polaris first before a quick stop in TK before the flight.
When it's UA domestic then I visit TK
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 11:09 am

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Terminal A

Assuming TK or LH is closest to United's A gates?
Old Mar 13, 2024, 11:12 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dshafiee
Assuming TK or LH is closest to United's A gates?
They are essentially next door to each other.
Boraxo likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 13, 2024 at 11:58 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.