Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2019, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United Clubs, fairly similiar amentities
- near Gate C4 (reported open by Say Vandelay on Aug 29 2023)
- near Gate C7
- near Gate D8
- near Gate C17

Terminal B (B45/47)
- LH Business/Senator Lounges
Consolidated "Access to Lufthansa Lounge at IAD" Thread [2014 forward]
- TK Lounge
Access / reviews for TK's IAD *A lounge

UA Polaris Lounge -- IAD Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

IAD United Club: Which is best?

Restaurant option for Priority Pass (Chase, Citi):
Chef Geoff's - https://liveandletsfly.com/chef-geoffs-dulles-review/

archve: Best *G IAD Lounge for UA flyers {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Best *G IAD Lounge for UA flyers

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2022, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I typically go to AF first (PP access) I drink as much champagne as I like (always ask for the French champagne which is quite nice) and I really like the French bread sandwiches there, the bread is so good. Then walk over and check out TK and LH before making it back to the C or D gates. Regarding Amex Platinumn where I have my PP access, I understand you could get into Virgin as well now with your AMEX card??
Yep, VS lounge access w/ Amex Plat (not with PP)
Flying Machine likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Originally Posted by eng3
I usually do the opposite if I have time, TK/LH first, then AF to spend the most time as they usually have had the best food. Since in the future, I will probably only go thru if I am intl, I'll prob do the same but goto PL last
Didn't hear about virgin, I know there is a BA lounge at B but the PP site says its currently closed.
Also don't forget about "Chef Geoff", another PP option
Amazing how IAD has 4-5 options yet a place like ORD has none, at least not easily accessible.
i heard BA was reopened, but not for PP. I wonder if it is back to pre-COVID quality.
Old May 8, 2022, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by cfischer
I haven’t been, have you? If so how is it?

Originally Posted by cfischer
Originally Posted by eng3
I usually do the opposite if I have time, TK/LH first, then AF to spend the most time as they usually have had the best food. Since in the future, I will probably only go thru if I am intl, I'll prob do the same but goto PL last
Didn't hear about virgin, I know there is a BA lounge at B but the PP site says its currently closed.
Also don't forget about "Chef Geoff", another PP option
Amazing how IAD has 4-5 options yet a place like ORD has none, at least not easily accessible.
PP access through American Express platinum doesn’t provide the independent eatery’s. In the past Chef Geoff was a go to for me for. Quick Burger (pretty good) no longer as we don’t have that availability

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 8, 2022 at 10:46 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old May 8, 2022, 7:01 pm

I haven’t been, have you? If so how is it?
Very good. Same F&B as for VS passengers.
Old May 8, 2022, 10:51 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Let's stay focused on the *A lounges, as this thread is about *G access.

PriorityPass lounges are covered in Airport Lounges

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
I was coming back from DTW last week and the late IAD-RDU took an hour delay to 11:15 PM. The latest UC closes at 10 PM. Luckily the TK Lounge was open until 11 PM this week only.

Food quality had noticeably improved since my last visit in February too.
I haven't kept close track of the food over time, since sometimes the LH IAD lounge has some nice offerings, and other times the TK lounge does. But went to TK yesterday and was reminded how darn good those meatballs are.
There are things I like about the LH lounge vs TK: had more bottled water, sometimes better food, less crowded, but thinking about my visits this year I have definitely liked the food at TK more the past two visits.

I did the IAD Polaris lounge for the first time yesterday. The dining experience is great, but the buffet there was not noticeably better than what the TK lounge had. Cocktails way better, larger buffet and variety, but TK has a really good buffet too. I did Polaris before heading to TK for my flight to IST. (TK IST lounge beats them all, but not for this thread )
Old May 10, 2022, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by whlinder
There are things I like about the LH lounge vs TK: had more bottled water, sometimes better food, less crowded, but thinking about my visits this year I have definitely liked the food at TK more the past two visits.
But it's so hard to pass on the warm pretzels in the LH lounge...

-FlyerBeek
Boraxo and big V like this.
Old May 10, 2022, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
But it's so hard to pass on the warm pretzels in the LH lounge...

-FlyerBeek
Nice to see that the bubbles are back! Remember what they poured?
Old May 10, 2022, 11:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Nice to see that the bubbles are back! Remember what they poured?
Don't get your hopes up... it was Dark Horse Brut (drinkable, but not great - a far cry from the Champagne they used to serve in the LH lounge). Best non-Polaris IAD lounge options for me are now AF (Priority Pass) for the Champagne (NV Taittinger, currently), LH for the pretzels, followed by TK for the food. First world problems, I suppose.

-FlyerBeek
Old May 16, 2022, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Don't get your hopes up... it was Dark Horse Brut (drinkable, but not great - a far cry from the Champagne they used to serve in the LH lounge). Best non-Polaris IAD lounge options for me are now AF (Priority Pass) for the Champagne (NV Taittinger, currently), LH for the pretzels, followed by TK for the food. First world problems, I suppose.

-FlyerBeek
The AF lounge with PP is the closest lounge to the UA A gates for regionals. And don't forget VS next door with Amex Plat (Chanson Black Label champagne, also open earlier than AF).
Old May 16, 2022, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I wouldn't bother with any of them except the Tattinger LOL. Love those pretzels - maybe the only reason I enjoy connecting via FRA.

Remember the Polaris is only open to Polaris passengers. Hence this thread about lounges that any passenger with *G status can access even with the lowest class of economy ticket. Of course there are PP options as well as Amex Plat options (VS) which is why I keep a master list in a note on my phone - because there is no one program that covers them all.
Old May 19, 2022, 5:47 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Remember the Polaris is only open to Polaris passengers.
The Polaris Lounge is open to any departing Star Alliance Business Class long-haul customers (including TK, LH, LX, etc.)
Peter Snijder likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 0.6 MM
Originally Posted by chrisny2
The Polaris Lounge is open to any departing Star Alliance Business Class long-haul customers (including TK, LH, LX, etc.)
I had no idea! Thank you for posting this. I checked UA's website and sure enough: https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...es/access.html

Long-haul international business class on a Star Alliance member airline: A boarding pass for travel in long-haul international business class on a Star Alliance member airline. Customers may only access a United Polaris lounge at the departure airport for their international business class flight.

I am flying biz on Turkish tomorrow and have used the Turkish lounge at Dulles many a time, but have not yet tried the Polaris lounge. Now, I can! Thanks for the tip.
chrisny2 and Flying Machine like this.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Below is the current condition of IAD United Club @D8. I know it is not entirely United’s fault that we are in the 4th decade of the “temporary” C/D concourses, but United should at least maintain it at a presentable state.

The bricks behind the drywall are misaligned and not even well layers. One wonder how stable is the temporary C/D concourses.

Old Sep 13, 2022, 1:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Does anyone recall what the Turkish Airlines lounge is serving at breakfast time? (or for that matter, the nearby priority pass lounges?) I'm wondering if it's worth a detour to concourse A/B.

thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.