Glad I didn't succumb to plane envy!

Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by flyerbaby19
Why not use an RPU?
RPU's are useless GPU's are too. I'm 0 for 17 on UG's using certs on PS flights, that said 4 for the last 4 at the gate.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: 1K---2,909,450 BIS miles
Originally Posted by laxmillenial
You're incorrect. You're going off the 'upgrade tab' on the app and that doesn't show all upgrades. I (and many others on these forums) fly PS monthly or more and we use RPU's To sit in the front cabin.

We don't clear into the upgrade list that you're judging based based on your metrics and neither do tons of other people. I clear in advance. T-24,T-96, sometimes T-7 days out. I buy the cheapest economy fare so I'm not buying Y,B,M.

Go read the RPU thread. It'll clarify that everything I said as fact. Many of us are happy with our success with RPU's and have yet to miss an upgrade all year.
I am soooo happy that RPU's are your "pie-in-the-sky". Gives me just the boost I needed to continue to pursue lifetime 1K as a 3 MM'er!

Wow! Never missing an upgrade using an RPU!

U-Da Man!!!^^^
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:08 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador
You are correct - not even close

Originally Posted by Goaliedad30
I agree I'd rather ... but it's not worth $1600 for ~4.5 hours
Old Jun 19, 2017, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Goaliedad30
Come to find out now (T-12 or so) they've swapped to a HNL-configured 772!
All Hawaiian configured B772 are now Domestic B772, which practically have the same hard/soft products as p.s., except the lie-flat is the pmUA styled, not pmCO styled.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.