FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   On-line reservation not showing correct seating availability (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1848640-line-reservation-not-showing-correct-seating-availability.html)

Aussienarelle Jun 17, 2017 10:16 am

On-line reservation not showing correct seating availability

Moderator - not sure where to place this post, so please feel free to move to correct thread.

I just made reservations in "P" on UA.com SAN-SFO-LAS-LAX-SAN and available seating only came up for E+. So thought perhaps it was user error and I incorrectly selected "Y" so went back and redid the booking and the same thing happened but had double checked it was all "P". So I did not select seats but made the booking. Seating in F was automatically done for me when the receipt came through.

Weird glitch in IT?

[Note, had huge issues with a booking yesterday when I changed a return flight and it messed up the originating flight. Eat my GPUs so call to the 1K desk who had to get IT on the phone and it took about 20 minutes for them to sort everything out and make sure I did not get charged again for the UK airport tax - they had already charged me twice for the airport tax (yes I got the refund processed finally) but IT seems to be getting worse not better for UA]

lincolnjkc Jun 17, 2017 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Aussienarelle (Post 28454290)
Moderator - not sure where to place this post, so please feel free to move to correct thread.

I just made reservations in "P" on UA.com SAN-SFO-LAS-LAX-SAN and available seating only came up for E+. So thought perhaps it was user error and I incorrectly selected "Y" so went back and redid the booking and the same thing happened but had double checked it was all "P". So I did not select seats but made the booking. Seating in F was automatically done for me when the receipt came through.

Weird glitch in IT?]

I had exactly the same thing happen a couple weeks ago on a purely domestic A fare (if I recall correctly) including not selecting seats in the "wrong" cabin and it all sorted itself out (and after ticketing I could change seats in the correct cabin)... I posted about it and it got merged I just can't remember where it wound up.

mahasamatman Jun 17, 2017 10:45 am

Never trust anything you see on united.com on a weekend. That's when they push out all their untested features and wait for customers to find the bugs for them.

findark Jun 17, 2017 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 28454375)
Never trust anything you see on united.com on a weekend. That's when they push out all their untested features and wait for customers to find the bugs for them.

Yup - was going to say it's a Saturday ;)

Kacee Jun 17, 2017 2:48 pm

Never trust anything you see on united.com on a weekend.

Originally Posted by findark (Post 28454713)
Yup - was going to say it's a Saturday ;)

I almost had a heart attack when the App showed all my segments on an upcoming business class TATL (UA ticketed, LH/LX operated) as "Coach." Then I remembered it's the weekend.

Hipplewm Jun 17, 2017 3:04 pm

All my seats are gone, my wife has all my seat assignments and hers are just not there.....

Yup, it is Saturday

Aussienarelle Jun 17, 2017 3:20 pm

I have historically done all my bookings at weekends and the seating issue today (Saturday) was a first for me. Yesterday was a Friday morning when the itinerary went sideways after doing a flight change on the website. The change that I did in May when it went haywire and the refund did not go through correctly was on a Thursday. The aircraft change that resulted in the upgraded seat being lost was in May but I am not sure it was a weekend day (although to be honest not sure when the change actually occurred so it may have been a weekend issue). The double billing for the UK tax was on a Thursday followed by the double billing on the Friday. These are all separate issues.

My experience is that it is not a "weekend" issue but an "Aussienarelle" issue in Q217. I have made similar changes in the past and I think last year was the last time I made such a change but do not really remember since there were no issues and they were most definitely at the weekend.

findark Jun 17, 2017 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 28455047)
I almost had a heart attack when the App showed all my segments on an upcoming business class TATL (UA ticketed, LH/LX operated) as "Coach." Then I remembered it's the weekend.

Also don't forget that "Coach" is only a class of service on Amtrak ;)

I see that bug all the time; at least multiple times weekly.