United.com Bundle Offers at checkout

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 19, 19, 2:16 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
UA Travel Bundles
Bundles offers are customized to your trip and may include a combination of:
  • Economy Plus seating
  • A standard checked bag
  • Premier Access®
  • A United ClubSM trip pass
  • Extra award miles
T&Cs (also see online FAQ)
  • United Travel Options bundles are services that are separate from and in addition to the base fare.
    • Travel Options bundles on their own are nonrefundable in whole or part, unless otherwise noted in these terms and conditions. However, certain changes to the associated ticket may result in a refund for the bundle.
      • Bundles are sold by direction of travel and apply to all travelers on the reservation. Features of the bundle only apply to purchased flights.
        • Bundles may include Economy Plus seating, one standard checked bag, Premier Access® (priority check-in, priority security lane access where available, and priority boarding), United ClubSM trip pass and/or extra award miles.
          • Travel Options bundles are only available on trips with all flights marketed and operated by United or United Express®.
            • Due to limited availability of certain features, it is possible that your purchased bundle will not include all features in all instances. Available features will be shown before you complete your purchase. The bundle price will only include features that are available when purchasing.
              • Your receipt will show the individual values of the features in the bundle.
                • The standard checked bag feature will grant travelers one standard checked bag at 50 lbs. (23 kg) added to their allowance for the associated trip, including any baggage benefits from MileagePlus Premier® status, a checked baggage subscription or purchasing a ticket with certain credit cards. It does not cover any additional charges due to overweight or oversized baggage.
                  • With the purchase of extra award miles, travelers will receive 500 extra award miles when purchasing tickets for travel entirely within the 48 continental United States or 1,000 extra award miles when purchasing tickets for other travel. The miles will be deposited in the travelers' MileagePlus account within 48 hours after departure of the first flight with the Travel Options bundle. All travelers must enter their MileagePlus numbers in the reservation prior to departure to receive the extra miles. Members will continue to earn award miles and bonus award miles based on fare class purchased and Premier status.
                    • Extra award miles are subject to all MileagePlus terms and conditions.
                      • Priority baggage handling is not included with Premier Access purchase (either purchased on its own or as part of a Travel Options bundle).
                        • A United Club trip pass grants a traveler access to all available United Club locations, not including United Arrivals Lounges, United Global First℠ Lounges and United Polaris® lounges. You can use the pass at the departing, connecting and arriving airports for one direction of travel, although some lounges may not be accessible after landing on international itineraries. The pass is only good for the person named on the boarding pass (no guests) and expires upon completion of the trip.
                          • Travelers under 18 cannot use a United Club trip pass unless they're accompanied by a traveler over 18 on the same reservation. All United Club terms and conditions apply during your visits to United Club locations.
                            • An Economy Plus purchase reserves a seat within the Economy Plus seating area. Specific seat assignments are not guaranteed.
                              • If Economy Plus is part of the purchased bundle, MileagePlus members will earn Premier qualifying dollars (PQD) for the Economy Plus portion upon completion of travel. PQD from Economy Plus are credited to the member who travels in the Economy Plus seat.
                                • If a bundle includes Economy Plus, refunds are processed automatically after scheduled departure in the event of flight cancellation or change to a different flight, when travel is completed in a standard United Economy® seat, or when travel is completed in a seat of equal or greater value through the purchase of a premium cabin seating offer. If a Complimentary Premier Upgrade is issued, then the Economy Plus portion of the bundle is not eligible for a refund.
                                  • Customers who are eligible to receive a refund for Economy Plus as part of a bundle and who have not received the refund within two billing cycles of their scheduled flight departure can submit a request through united.com using the refund request form.
                                    • Offer subject to change without notice.
If my ticket alread includes a free bag, is the bundle offer for an additional bag?
Yes
The standard checked bag feature will grant travelers one standard checked bag at 50 lbs. (23 kg) added to their allowance for the associated trip, including any baggage benefits from MileagePlus Premier® status, a checked baggage subscription or purchasing a ticket with certain credit cards. It does not cover any additional charges due to overweight or oversized baggage.
Purchasing after initial purchase -- try -- http://offers.united.com/
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 15, 17, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, Marriott/SPG Amb, Hyatt Explorist
United.com Bundle Offers at checkout

I've started to see new Bundle Offers when buying a flight on united.com. Here are a few examples:

I think (but am not sure) that they've replaced the Economy Plus Essentials and Economy Plus Enhanced offerings, which were irrelevant to me as a 1k.

Some questions I have:
  • When did these Bundle Offers start? Are they newish or have I just missed them?
  • Does the United Club access purchased via these bundles need to be used during this trip? Or is it just a discounted day pass? Will the pass work only for one club or at all clubs along the route?
Old Jun 15, 17, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
I saw this last week also (logged in as a 1K). The pricing was just laughable, but if it were something I could have used across clubs on an itinerary, it might be interesting.

Last edited by aacharya; Jun 15, 17 at 1:20 pm
Old Jun 15, 17, 12:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: 1K---2,909,450 BIS miles
Bundles offers are customized to your trip and may include a combination of: (Which seems to imply THAT ONE ITINERARY ONLY).

Economy Plus seating
An extra standard checked bag
Premier Access®
A United ClubSM trip pass
Extra award miles

A United Club trip pass grants a traveler access to all available United Club locations (excludes United Global FirstSM Lounges and Arrivals facilities) for the direction of travel, and expires upon completion of the trip. The pass is good for the person named on the boarding pass only — no guests.
Old Jun 15, 17, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier (+AMB); Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by MY-OTHER-BROTHER-"TED" View Post
Bundles offers are customized to your trip and may include a combination of: (Which seems to imply THAT ONE ITINERARY ONLY).

Economy Plus seating
An extra standard checked bag
Premier Access®
A United ClubSM trip pass
Extra award miles

A United Club trip pass grants a traveler access to all available United Club locations (excludes United Global FirstSM Lounges and Arrivals facilities) for the direction of travel, and expires upon completion of the trip. The pass is good for the person named on the boarding pass only — no guests.
Kind of strange they exclude GF and Arrival lounges by name, but not Polaris Lounge. None of them are United Clubs, but seems odd the selective exclusion list.
Old Jun 15, 17, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

I found this on the United Travel Options bundles FAQs:

United Club℠ trip pass: A United Club trip pass grants access to all available United Club locations operated by United Airlines (at the departing, connecting and arriving airports) for the direction of travel. Go to a United Club location and a United representative at the front desk will scan your boarding pass. You can enter and exit the United Club location multiple times at no additional charge.
I bought the $40 pass for a PDX-ORD trip. Seemed worth the $ for two visits.
Old Jun 15, 17, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
In the ones I get, the second bundle has fewer items but is more expensive?
Old Jun 15, 17, 2:02 pm

Programs: All the programs!
$20 per UA lounge visit still seems high to me.
Old Jun 15, 17, 2:50 pm
TCD

Programs: UA Gold, BA, HHonors, Avis
Originally Posted by oopl View Post
That's a lot lower than any other alternative way to access a lounge. Depending somewhat on the clubs I would definitely do it. The xtra 500 miles for $12 is also interesting, I make that 2.4cpm with no opportunity cost...
Old Jun 15, 17, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oopl View Post
Seems like a fair price for breakfast, a newspaper, and a mimosa…
Old Jun 15, 17, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, TK Elite, DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis First
Saw this a few days ago when booking some award flights on MEM-EWR.

For 2 tickets booked in (award) F, it didn't offer them at all.

For 1 ticket booked in (award) Y, it gave the two offers, with the first one being lounge access for about $25. What it didn't make clear until you click on the entry was that there is no lounge in MEM, so you were only going to get access on arrival in EWR...
Old Jun 19, 17, 3:13 am

Just got an offer for 10USD for Club...
Attached Images  
Old Jun 19, 17, 9:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak
The algorithm behind these bundle offers needs some work. United knows I'm a 1K with a UC membership, so why would I care to pay for an extra checked bag and UC access?
Old Jun 19, 17, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DCA writer View Post
The algorithm behind these bundle offers needs some work. United knows I'm a 1K with a UC membership, so why would I care to pay for an extra checked bag and UC access?
I'd be all over it if it gave me a 4th bag for $23, considering normally that 4th bag is $200. I do agree with you re: UC access and being a United Club member but probably an IT aspect.
Old Jun 19, 17, 10:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriot, Hilton
They keep trying to sell me club access for international flights.
Old Jun 19, 17, 1:00 pm

Reason enough to allow time to head over to the Lufthansa/Turkish clubs when I'm at IAD...The UA clubs r extremely packed as a result.

Search this Thread