Last edit by: WineCountryUA
UA Travel Bundles
Bundles offers are customized to your trip and may include a combination of:
  • Economy Plus seating
  • A standard checked bag
  • Premier Access®
  • A United ClubSM trip pass
  • Extra award miles
  • United Travel Options bundles are services that are separate from and in addition to the base fare.
  • Travel Options bundles on their own are nonrefundable in whole or part, unless otherwise noted in these terms and conditions. However, certain changes to the associated ticket may result in a refund for the bundle.
  • Bundles are sold by direction of travel and apply to all travelers on the reservation. Features of the bundle only apply to purchased flights.
  • Bundles may include Economy Plus seating, one standard checked bag, Premier Access® (priority check-in, priority security lane access where available, and priority boarding), United Club℠ trip pass, seat assignment (preferred seating and United Economy®), Wi-Fi Day Pass and/or extra award miles.
  • Travel Options bundles are only available on trips with all flights marketed and operated by United or United Express®.
  • Due to limited availability of certain features, it is possible that your purchased bundle will not include all features in all instances. Available features will be shown before you complete your purchase. The bundle price will only include features that are available when purchasing.
  • Your receipt will show the individual values of the features in the bundle.
  • The standard checked bag feature will grant travelers one standard checked bag at 50 lbs. (23 kg) added to their allowance for the associated trip, including any baggage benefits from MileagePlus Premier® status, a checked baggage subscription or purchasing a ticket with certain credit cards. It does not cover any additional charges due to overweight or oversized baggage.
  • With the purchase of extra award miles, travelers will receive 500 extra award miles when purchasing tickets for travel entirely within the 48 continental United States or 1,000 extra award miles when purchasing tickets for other travel. The miles will be deposited in the travelers' MileagePlus account within 48 hours after departure of the first flight with the Travel Options bundle. All travelers must enter their MileagePlus numbers in the reservation prior to departure to receive the extra miles. Members will continue to earn award miles and bonus award miles based on fare class purchased and Premier status.
  • Extra award miles are subject to all MileagePlus terms and conditions.
  • Priority baggage handling is not included with Premier Access purchase (either purchased on its own or as part of a Travel Options bundle).
  • A United Club trip pass grants a traveler access to all available United Club locations, not including United Arrivals Lounges and United Polaris® lounges. You can use the pass at the departing, connecting and arriving airports for one direction of travel, although some lounges may not be accessible after landing on international itineraries. The pass is only good for the person named on the boarding pass (no guests) and expires upon completion of the trip.
  • Travelers under 18 cannot use a United Club trip pass unless they're accompanied by a traveler over 18 on the same reservation. All United Club terms and conditions apply during your visits to United Club locations.
  • An Economy Plus purchase reserves a seat within the Economy Plus seating area. Specific seat assignments are not guaranteed.
  • If Economy Plus is part of the purchased bundle, MileagePlus members will earn Premier qualifying points (PQP) for the Economy Plus portion upon completion of travel. PQP from Economy Plus are credited to the member who travels in the Economy Plus seat.
  • Bundles with a seat assignment are only available to Basic Economy passengers to reserve a seat within the Economy section, including preferred seating and United Economy seating. Specific seat assignments are not guaranteed.
  • If a bundle includes a seat assignment for Basic Economy, refunds are processed automatically after scheduled departure in the event of flight cancellation or change to a different flight.
  • A Wi-Fi Day Pass purchase provides a limited license to access United’s onboard network on Wi-Fi equipped United aircraft.
  • A Wi-Fi Day Pass only applies to internet access on flights operated by United or United Express® that depart within the applicable subscription period and region. When using the internet on another airline, you will be subject to the other airline’s internet policies and fees.
  • Streaming services are not included in your Wi-Fi Day Pass.
  • After the limited term has expired, the Wi-Fi Day Pass representing this license can no longer be used and has no value.
  • Wi-Fi Day Pass license may only be used by one passenger on a flight and on one device at a time.
  • The Wi-Fi Day Pass licensee’s MileagePlus® number must be used when signing into the United Wi-Fi portal on board to use the day pass license.
  • Offer subject to change without notice.
If my ticket already includes a free bag, is the bundle offer for an additional bag?
YesThe standard checked bag feature will grant travelers one standard checked bag at 50 lbs. (23 kg) added to their allowance for the associated trip, including any baggage benefits from MileagePlus Premier® status, a checked baggage subscription or purchasing a ticket with certain credit cards. It does not cover any additional charges due to overweight or oversized baggage.

Purchasing after initial purchase -- try -- http://offers.united.com/

UA Travel Bundle Frequently Ask Questions

Where can I buy a United Travel Options bundle?

You can purchase a Travel Options bundle when you book travel on united.com or on the United app. If you select United Economy® seating when choosing your flights, available bundles will be displayed on the Review Trip Itinerary page. Bundles are also available after your booking through My trips.

What determines the bundle offers I see when booking?

Travel Options bundles are customized based on your trip, and could include any combination of products. The more products you buy together, the more you'll save on them.

Are any flights not eligible for Travel Options bundles?

Bundles are not available on codeshare and mixed-airline trips. Premium cabin and mixed-cabin itineraries and select itineraries to international destinations may have limited bundle availability.

If I'm traveling with my family, can I buy a Travel Options bundle for just one of us?

No, Travel Options bundles apply to all travelers on a reservation.

How do I use the travel perks in my Travel Options bundle?

Your purchase is linked to your reservation, so you just need the confirmation number to check in and then your boarding pass to enjoy the individual United Travel Options products.
  • Economy Plus® seating: You can select any available Economy Plus seat at any time after purchase and before travel by going to My trips. You can also change your Economy Plus seat at any time at no additional cost.
  • Standard checked bag: After purchasing a bundle that includes a standard checked bag, your baggage allowance will be increased by one. During check-in, the applicable baggage service charge will automatically be processed as $0.
  • Premier Access®: Premier Access includes dedicated airport check-in lines, exclusive security lanes and priority boarding. Our system will automatically apply "Premier Access" to your reservation, and it will be noted on your boarding pass. Show your boarding pass at the Premier Access check-in and security lines for access. You will automatically be assigned to boarding group 2, unless your MileagePlus status grants a higher boarding priority.
  • United Club℠ trip pass: A United Club trip pass grants a traveler access to all available United Club locations, not including United Arrivals Lounges, United Global First℠ Lounges and United Polaris® lounges. You can use the pass at the departing, connecting and arriving airports for one direction of travel, although some lounges may not be accessible after landing on international itineraries. The pass is only good for the person named on the boarding pass (no guests) and expires upon completion of the trip.
  • Seat assignment: You can select any available preferred seating or United Economy seat at any time after purchase and before check-in begins. You can also change your seat assignment at any time at no cost prior to check-in.
  • Extra award miles: The extra award miles will automatically post to your account within 48 hours after departure of the first flight included in your Travel Options bundle.
  • Wi-Fi Day Pass: The Wi-Fi Day Pass can be activated on your day of travel by logging into the United Wi-Fi portal with your MileagePlus credentials.

Can I get a refund for my Travel Options bundle if I no longer want it on my trip?

No, Travel Options bundles are nonrefundable unless otherwise noted in the terms and conditions, or if the ticket is refunded or canceled as permitted by the fare rules.

Will my Travel Options bundle be refunded if I cancel my trip?

Yes. In the event of a ticket refund or cancellation as permitted by the fare rules, Travel Options bundle purchases will be automatically refunded. If the bundle is partially used at the time of the refund, only the value of any unused Economy Plus and Premier Access features will be refunded.

What will happen if I purchased a Travel Options bundle but want to change my flights?

In the event of a voluntary change to a trip as permitted by the fare rules, the Travel Options bundle will be automatically refunded. If the bundle is partially used at the time of the change, only the value of any unused Economy Plus and Premier Access features of the bundle will be refunded. For a same-day change to a trip including a bundle, United will, if available, transfer the bundle to your new flight(s) free of charge. If your Travel Options bundle includes Economy Plus and we're unable to accommodate you in Economy Plus, the value of that feature, which is indicated on your receipt, will be automatically refunded after flight departure.

What happens to my Travel Options bundle if I get upgraded?

In the event of an upgrade, excluding Complimentary Premier® Upgrades, the bundle for the entire direction of travel, including the upgraded segment, will be automatically refunded. If the bundle is partially used at the time of the upgrade, only the value of any unused Economy Plus and Premier Access features of the bundle will be refunded. The refund will occur once the upgrade has cleared.

What happens if my itinerary changes due to a cancellation or schedule change?

In the event of any involuntary changes, such as rebooking due to a cancellation or schedule change, United will, if available, transfer the bundle to your new flight(s) free of charge. If your Travel Options bundle includes Economy Plus and we're unable to accommodate you in Economy Plus, the value of that feature, which is indicated on your receipt, will be automatically refunded after flight departure. If you are re-accommodated on another airline per United's policies, any Travel Options bundles for that portion of the itinerary will be automatically refunded. If the bundle is partially used at the time of the involuntary change, only the value of any unused Economy Plus and Premier Access features of the bundle will be refunded.

I purchased a Travel Options bundle that included Economy Plus, but I didn't get to sit in an Economy Plus seat. Will I receive a refund?

Yes. If we're unable to accommodate you in Economy Plus, the value of that feature, which is indicated on your receipt, will be automatically refunded after flight departure.

Are my Travel Options bundle purchases eligible for Premier® qualifying points (PQP)?

Only the Economy Plus feature of bundles count toward your PQP balance for Premier status qualification. MileagePlus members will earn PQP only on the Economy Plus portion of the bundle upon completion of travel. PQP from these purchases are credited to the account of the member who travels in the Economy Plus seat. The number of PQP earned is indicated on your receipt.

If I bought a checked bag, will I receive a refund if my baggage is damaged or lost?

If your additional standard checked bag is declared lost, damaged or destroyed by United in accordance with our baggage policies, you are eligible for a refund for the value of that feature as indicated on your receipt.

When will my extra award miles post to my MileagePlus account?

If you purchase extra award miles, they'll post to your account within 48 hours after departure of the first flight included in your Travel Options bundle. For additional support, please contact the MileagePlus Service Center to request a credit. Please have your ticket number ready.

I already get many benefits as a Premier member or with my United Travel Options subscriptions. Why should I buy a United Travel Options bundle?

Certain features of bundles may overlap with benefits from your Premier status, purchased subscriptions or United Club membership. Bundles are always in addition to any other benefits you may hold. The additional standard checked bag feature is on top of all your other allowances, allowing you one more standard checked bag. Also, keep in mind that your Premier or subscription benefits only apply on reservations on which you are one of the travelers and your status is active at the time of flight departure. You can purchase a Travel Options bundle for others not traveling with you or for yourself if your Premier status will expire before your flights.

I purchased my ticket with a credit card that includes some of the features of the Travel Options bundle. Why should I buy a bundle?

Some features of Travel Options bundles may overlap with benefits you get by purchasing your ticket using eligible MileagePlus credit cards. Features of bundles are always in addition to any other benefit you may already receive. The additional standard checked bag allowance is on top of all your other allowances, allowing you one more standard checked bag. Also, keep in mind that your credit card benefits only apply on tickets that were purchased with that specific card. You can purchase a Travel Options bundle to elevate your travel experience on trips not purchased with your MileagePlus credit card.

Do I need to be a MileagePlus member in order to purchase a bundle?

No, but to receive the extra award miles included in some bundle offers, your MileagePlus number must be associated with your reservation before the first flight on your itinerary departs.

I purchased the standard checked bag, Premier Access and/or United Club trip pass, but didn't use them. Can I receive a refund?

No, these features are always nonrefundable, unless the entire bundle is refunded as a result of certain changes to your ticket as listed in other answers above.

Can I buy a Travel Options bundle when traveling on a Basic Economy ticket?

Yes, Basic Economy tickets have access to bundles that include seat assignments (preferred seating and United Economy), a standard checked bag and/or United Club trip pass.

I purchased a Travel Options bundle that included a Wi-Fi Day Pass, but Wi-Fi onboard wasn’t working. Will I receive a refund?

We actively monitor for any flights with low connectivity and refund the Wi-Fi Day Pass portion of your Travel Options bundle the next day. If you don’t receive a refund, visit united.com/en/us/refunds to request one.

Print Wikipost

United.com Bundle Offers at checkout

Old Jul 12, 2018, 10:52 am

United bundle package

I bought a united extra bag bundle, does that mean I get a 3rd bag without a huge charge?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 11:21 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I've asked a MOD to move this to the UA forum which will get your request better attention and answers.

When you say Extra Bag Bundle what are you referring to? How are you getting your first bag?
What route?

Is it this?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 11:46 am
RNE

Bundle offer 1: United Club℠ access. $96 per person.

Why is United offering to add Club access to a booking for $96 when it costs only $59 separately?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:02 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by RNE
Why is United offering to add Club access to a booking for $96 when it costs only $59 separately?
Roundtrip access?? Bundled UC trip pass is one direction but can include multiple airports
What other "benefits" were in the bundle?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 12, 2018 at 2:10 pm Reason: updated
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:20 pm

From houston to NY, its shows 1sr bag free 2nd bag 35$, then says I get an EXtra bag charge waved. I cant upload until after my 5th message.

and extra bag bundle looked different from that.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 1:07 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Roundtrip access?? What other "benefits" were in the bundle?
There were no other benefits in the bundle, just Club access.Your thought that it's for two accesses makes economic sense. However, I cannot verify that because I cannot find any details on the offer. As a test, I selecting it and went as far as the purchase step. Still no details. I stopped short of purchasing. Maybe afterwards details would have been available. I don't know.

Perhaps someone who has actually purchased the pricey Club bundle could weigh in as to whether it includes one or two visits. To state the obvious, it would be nice if United specified how many units one is buying.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by RNE
Perhaps someone who has actually purchased the pricey Club bundle could weigh in as to whether it includes one or two visits. To state the obvious, it would be nice if United specified how many units one is buying.
Found this thread that suggests the offer is only for a "direction of travel"
Originally Posted by getagb
I found this on the United Travel Options bundles FAQs:

United Club℠ trip pass: A United Club trip pass grants access to all available United Club locations operated by United Airlines (at the departing, connecting and arriving airports) for the direction of travel. Go to a United Club location and a United representative at the front desk will scan your boarding pass. You can enter and exit the United Club location multiple times at no additional charge.
I bought the $40 pass for a PDX-ORD trip. Seemed worth the $ for two visits. .
Did this itin have connecting airports, multiple UA accesses? Note the normal pass is only good for one time entrance at one airport.

No Premier access offered or checked bag waiver?

================================================== ===========

Originally Posted by Mclausen2
I bought a united extra bag bundle, does that mean I get a 3rd bag without a huge charge?
from United Travel Options bundles FAQs:
The standard checked bag feature will grant travelers one standard checked bag at 50 lbs. (23 kg) added to their allowance for the associated trip, including any baggage benefits from MileagePlus Premier® status, a checked baggage subscription or purchasing a ticket with certain credit cards. It does not cover any additional charges due to overweight or oversized baggage.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 12, 2018 at 1:52 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Jul 12, 2018, 3:00 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by RNE
What I was thinking, bundle for trip v. one time access.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 5:02 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by EmailKid
What I was thinking, bundle for trip v. one time access.
I'm still unclear. Let's say I'm going CLE-DEN-SFO, SFO-ORD-CLE. Does the Club bundle mean I can use that one pass multiple times (at CLE, DEN and SFO outbound and SFO, ORD and CLE inbound)? That is, going in both directions? Or just one way? And if one way, then how come there's not an outbound bundle and a separate inbound bundle?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Bundles apply per "direction" - they should show up clearly associated one with or more segments linked by what United considers to be transfers. The Club access is valid at all points in that direction of travel (origin, connection, and destination). So you should see a club bundle for outbound (valid at CLE, DEN, and SFO) and for inbound (SFO, ORD, CLE). If you're doing a same-day turn it might be complicated.

That's what I usually see - not sure if you're saying you only see one.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by RNE
I'm still unclear. Let's say I'm going CLE-DEN-SFO, SFO-ORD-CLE. Does the Club bundle mean I can use that one pass multiple times (at CLE, DEN and SFO outbound and SFO, ORD and CLE inbound)? That is, going in both directions? Or just one way? And if one way, then how come there's not an outbound bundle and a separate inbound bundle?
The wording in the FAQ/T&Cs seem quite clear -- the UA trip pass is good for just one direction BUT is good at orgin, destination and connecting cities.
The standard one-time purchased pass for $59 is good for just one UC entry vs the up to 3 entries of your itin for the bundled trip option UC Trip Pass. Hence the different pricing.

Why one offered in one direction when booking an RT, you have to ask UA that.

One thought -- UA might be concerned about your likely use in SFO and ORD at the times you are booked and be worried about overcrowding?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 12, 2018 at 5:16 pm Reason: overcrowding?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
From what I can see the 3rd bag would be at full charge.

Originally Posted by Mclausen2
From houston to NY, its shows 1sr bag free 2nd bag 35$, then says I get an EXtra bag charge waved. I cant upload until after my 5th message.

and extra bag bundle looked different from that.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 5:55 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
One thought -- UA might be concerned about your likely use in SFO and ORD at the times you are booked and be worried about overcrowding?
That's a good thought. And it begs the question: Can these passes be denied like the anniversary MP Explorer card passes can be?
Old Aug 3, 2018, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
The standard checked bag feature will grant travelers one standard checked bag at 50 lbs. (23 kg) added to their allowance for the associated trip, including any baggage benefits from MileagePlus Premier® status, a checked baggage subscription or purchasing a ticket with certain credit cards. It does not cover any additional charges due to overweight or oversized baggage.
I'm still confused about this. The way I read it, buying this from the bundle gives me an extra standard checked bag at 50lbs added to my normal allowance of 3x70lbs as a 1k. Is this interpretation correct?
Old Aug 3, 2018, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by VWang1111
I'm still confused about this. The way I read it, buying this from the bundle gives me an extra standard checked bag at 50lbs added to my normal allowance of 3x70lbs as a 1k. Is this interpretation correct?
That's the way I would interpret it -- one of the few cases of stacking benefits.
VWang1111 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.