FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Entertainment system LAX-IAH 737? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1848256-entertainment-system-lax-iah-737-a.html)

NEMMIE Jun 15, 17 4:55 am

Entertainment system LAX-IAH 737?
 
Hi all,
Looking at flying United for the first time. We usually choose AA due to being OW members. Our route would be LAX-IAH on (I think) a 737.
Does anyone know if there will be entertainment onboard or if it will be possible to stream entertainment via wifi?
Many Thanks.

Kacee Jun 15, 17 5:02 am

It will either have DirecTV (pay) or free streaming video.

NEMMIE Jun 15, 17 5:08 am


Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 28445264)
It will either have DirecTV (pay) or free streaming video.

Great thanks very much!

Kacee Jun 15, 17 5:24 am

Download the United App to your phone or tablet before going to the airport in order to best use the streaming video.

NEMMIE Jun 15, 17 8:53 am


Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 28445300)
Download the United App to your phone or tablet before going to the airport in order to best use the streaming video.

Thanks for the tip. Have just downloaded it.

I was also looking at SNA to IAH but they seem to be almost double LAX fares. Is that normal? Do United ever have "sales" like the other big carriers? I'm totally in the dark here having never used them before.

sbm12 Jun 15, 17 9:30 am


Originally Posted by NEMMIE (Post 28445863)
I was also looking at SNA to IAH but they seem to be almost double LAX fares. Is that normal?

It is hard to say there is anything "normal" about airfare other than that it changes all the time and some routes are more expensive than others, generally without being tied to flight distance.


Originally Posted by NEMMIE (Post 28445863)
Do United ever have "sales" like the other big carriers?

Yes.

NEMMIE Jun 15, 17 9:55 am


Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 28445991)
It is hard to say there is anything "normal" about airfare other than that it changes all the time and some routes are more expensive than others, generally without being tied to flight distance.


Yes.

Duly noted and thank you.
I guess I will hold out and keep monitoring flight prices. We still have a couple of months until we fly.

LarryJ Jun 15, 17 10:50 am


Originally Posted by NEMMIE (Post 28445863)
I was also looking at SNA to IAH but they seem to be almost double LAX fares. Is that normal?

I think that it is normal. SNA is a very different market than LAX and typically comes at a pretty big premium.

NEMMIE Jun 15, 17 11:11 am


Originally Posted by LarryJ (Post 28446339)
I think that it is normal. SNA is a very different market than LAX and typically comes at a pretty big premium.

I was thinking along those lines myself. Our local airport is usually a lot more expensive than a larger hub. Thank you.

Kacee Jun 15, 17 11:36 am

LAX is a much more competitive market than SNA. Definitely a premium for OC residents to fly nonstop without having to drive to LAX.

NEMMIE Jun 19, 17 10:39 am


Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 28446547)
LAX is a much more competitive market than SNA. Definitely a premium for OC residents to fly nonstop without having to drive to LAX.

That makes sense. September prices are coming out at $441 for SNA and $313 for LAX. Quite a difference.

halls120 Jun 19, 17 11:15 am


Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 28445264)
It will either have DirecTV (pay) or free streaming video.

But if you get the same bird I had a few weeks ago, neither will be operating. ;)

Kacee Jun 19, 17 12:08 pm


Originally Posted by halls120 (Post 28461155)
But if you get the same bird I had a few weeks ago, neither will be operating. ;)

Well only one was broken, b/c the DirecTV contract precludes any aircraft from having both ;)

halls120 Jun 19, 17 12:18 pm


Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 28461421)
Well only one was broken, b/c the DirecTV contract precludes any aircraft from having both ;)

LOL, true. Direct TV and Wi-Fi were both inop on my most recent transcon.

Kacee Jun 19, 17 12:23 pm


Originally Posted by halls120 (Post 28461467)
LOL, true. Direct TV and Wi-Fi were both inop on my most recent transcon.

After I responded I figured that's what you probably meant. A truly dark flight, just like the good old days!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 6:23 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.