Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Receipt for change fee incurred on united.com

Old Jun 6, 2017, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Hilton Honors, Avis Preferred

Can't seem to find the receipt in email or online. i have the receipt for the new ticket but not for the $200 change fee itself.

any help?
Old Jun 6, 2017, 5:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
The eTicket receipt that you received should account for the change fee and any applicable difference in fare below the Fare Information (with the total ticket cost), but above the Baggage Allowance. On my most recent change, it appeared like this:

Add Collect: An additional amount for the difference in fare was charged to VISA VIXXXXXXXXXXXX0000 on Saturday, June 02, 2017. $200.85 USD per ticket for an additional total of $200.85 USD was collected.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Hilton Honors, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Sykes
The eTicket receipt that you received should account for the change fee and any applicable difference in fare below the Fare Information (with the total ticket cost), but above the Baggage Allowance. On my most recent change, it appeared like this:
the fare difference is reported, yes. But there was a $200 change fee/penalty that is not represented and is charged separately.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I did an even exchange last year, and the receipt lists (this is on the receipt for the ticket):

Mon., Jul. 11, 2016/Visa XXXX was charged 200 USD for the SST / EDD 016###########
200.00 USD for: Change Fee
Old Jun 6, 2017, 5:59 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
In a recent case of a fare change ("Add Collect") and a change fee, the change fee was listed separate (and billed separately) as "Additional Charges" on the same receipt.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by Sykes
do you have a photo of what this might look like? I’m struggling with this too and need a copy for work. So annoyed
Old Jul 26, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by Mariah Racquel

do you have a photo of what this might look like? I’m struggling with this too and need a copy for work. So annoyed
One important thing that was not mentioned: the website will often show an outdated receipt if you view the receipt there. Have united.com email you a copy of the receipt from the itinerary page. Doing so will email the most current receipt, and also forces the website to refresh the receipt shown there on the latest version.

This receipt is a pretty good example of the way different charges can appear. To reduce the size, I'm only showing the relevant section (under the flight info).

jsloan likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.