Wiki Posts
Search

UA to Launch LAX-SIN!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by phkc070408
Looking at the actual seat maps for flights past and present, and the estimated seat maps for the next couple of days, the LAX flight seams to be greatly underperforming its SFO sister in terms of ridership. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

This would be absolutely no surprise. SFO has a massive network connecting the rest of the US/Canada/Mexico to it on United. LAX has far, far fewer connection options unless you're going to a hub or parts of the west coast (for the most part).

UA believes they have enough O/D traffic in LAX to support this. Give it several months for UA to figure out if that's true or not.

-RM
Old Oct 31, 2017, 4:00 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Week 1 of operations is hardly a valid predictor of a route's long term success. Variable loads (for all but the most 'slam dunk' flights) are to be expected until a route matures.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 4:06 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by phkc070408
Looking at the actual seat maps for flights past and present, and the estimated seat maps for the next couple of days, the LAX flight seams to be greatly underperforming its SFO sister in terms of ridership. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

actually pretty similar for Nov 2/3/4 for LAX & SFO.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by 985X
I'm on the 11/22 flight. Seems all of window seats are booked. All E- seats are booked, which is good news for me as I still haven't got a seat assignment..
Please don't accept 16K if they give it to you

Actually, I am thinking about doing a SDC to the SFO flight. Looks like more room in E+

Last edited by pbartp; Oct 31, 2017 at 8:39 am Reason: Add more info.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I for one am hoping the loads stay light at least for the next 6 weeks. I've got an upcoming SIN - RDU flight I need to book and I've been going back and forth on whether to gamble with taking the route and doing a Miles + Cash upgrade with the risk of spending 15-17 hours in E+ if it doesn't clear.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Well, my LAX-SIN flight is zeroed out now in the front cabin on november 10th, doesnt look like my upgrade will clear. Frusturating that when I booked, not a single seat was taken.

Looks like LAX-SIN-SFO will be back to back E+ trips.

I'm in exit row way down, bulkhead way back. Hoping that works. Still on the fence if I should move from row 27 (exit) aisle to 24 (last row e+) window. 24 does have the middle seat open.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 4:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Hmmmm, maybe this bit posted on TPG is a way to fill some seats. If it worked somewhat the first time......

Deal Alert: Los Angeles to Singapore from $384 Round-Trip

by Brendan Dorsey

22 minutes ago

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/11/dea...84-round-trip/
Old Nov 1, 2017, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by 24left
Hmmmm, maybe this bit posted on TPG is a way to fill some seats. If it worked somewhat the first time......
Already noted before and was checked today that this fare & cost was available over in the Mileage Runs Deals active thread: UA: LAX-SIN $384 RT (17520mi, 2.2cpm)

David
Old Nov 1, 2017, 4:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by DELee
Already noted before and was checked today that this fare & cost was available over in the Mileage Runs Deals active thread: UA: LAX-SIN $384 RT (17520mi, 2.2cpm)

David
Ah thanks, I see this post from this morning (117)

Originally Posted by TA
Yes, it has reappeared just this morning!

I wonder if this is some kind of daily testing-the-waters with fares to see how much interest they get. Strange that it keeps disappearing and reappearing.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Lax-sin is entirely at night. It's dark outside from takeoff to landing.
So is SFO-SIN, but there is a return flight as well. And even at night there is something to see outside. Stars, for example. It just feels better when you are able to look outside. A humongous difference. Is anyone's bedroom pitch dark? Maybe a bedroom without windows?
Old Nov 2, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: UA:MM 1K HH:Diamond IHG:Plat Marriott:Plat
Originally Posted by BThumme
Well, my LAX-SIN flight is zeroed out now in the front cabin on november 10th, doesnt look like my upgrade will clear. Frusturating that when I booked, not a single seat was taken.

Looks like LAX-SIN-SFO will be back to back E+ trips.

I'm in exit row way down, bulkhead way back. Hoping that works. Still on the fence if I should move from row 27 (exit) aisle to 24 (last row e+) window. 24 does have the middle seat open.
Similar for me for Nov 9. 30 seats open in J when I booked a month ago, down to 4 now. SFO-SIN had 6 seats open in J (now down to 1) and I decided to take an extra hop to improve my chances but I don't think it will help.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Can anyone comment on how much wifi might cost for this flight, or how well it works given the routing?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
Can anyone comment on how much wifi might cost for this flight, or how well it works given the routing?
Should be around $17 bucks for the whole flight. Should work the entire flight as it's not a polar route or pass over Russia/China like ORD-HKG does.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by mrswirl
Should be around $17 bucks for the whole flight. Should work the entire flight as it's not a polar route or pass over Russia/China like ORD-HKG does.
Ironically, I was sitting on a flight and the captain came out for a break/chat and he was talking to the FA's about the wifi. He stated that we get worse/no wifi service over Canada than over Russia.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 3:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
It might cost anywhere from $16 to $40.

It might work well, intermittently, or not at all. It's satellite based, so the only routing issue is if you cross Chinese airspace. This flight should not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.