Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Cross Country Comfort: Introducing United Airlines’ New Transcontinental Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 31, 2017, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: blueman2
Cross Country Comfort: Introducing United Airlines' New Transcontinental Service

Premium transcontinental service EWR to/from SFOLAX and BOS to/from SFO (Boston service starting 1 July 2017)
  • Flat-bed seats with custom-designed duvet & pillow provided by Saks Fifth Avenue
  • New amenity kits featuring Soho House & Co's Cowshed Spa products
  • Featured cocktail, Moscow Mule
  • Hot towel service offered after take-off & prior to landing
  • Seasonally refreshed menus
  • Dining will be topped off with items from United Polaris' dessert menu.
  • Before arrival, snacks such as Boulder Canyon potato chips & Madik’s almonds will be served.
  • Note: These routes are not CPU eligible (with need to use RPU/GPU/Miles+copay)

Complimentary hot meal and beverage service for customers seated in Economy Plus.

Also adding United Club access before flight and after arrival, just like ps
Print Wikipost

Cross Country Comfort: Introducing United Airlines’ New Transcontinental Service

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:08 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by malgudi
Will there be a vegetarian option for the hot meal?
p.s. was one of the few domestic routes where you can request special meals, at least in J. Presumably the same policy will follow.

Also, one of the sample Y meal is butternut squash tortellini with sage cream sauce, so I'm guessing the answer is yes.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Won't matter. GS/1K will get choice whether in E+ or E-.
Will a Plat or a Gold take E+ middle over E- W/A to get a meal?
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by emcampbe
So what happens if there is a multiple companion PNR with more than one elite. For example, I normally travel with 2 others - 2 golds and our 2yo daughter who has no status since we just started getting her own seats. Maybe I wasn't interpreting the DL site correctly, but I got the impression that in this scenario, you can't have all 3 upgraded - just 2. Is that correct?
On DL there's only the possibility of one additional companion C+ upgrade, just like an F upgrade. One interesting thing about DL is that upgrades are prioritized by the higherof the two passengers, so when a Diamond is flying with a Silver companion, they have priority for upgrades over all of the Platinums and Golds.

Also, C+ is a separate fare category, so while you may be eligible for an upgrade, there has to be upgrade inventory available. In my 100+ flights on DL since this became the rule, I've never had a problem upgrading to a C+ seat if I wanted one. However, there are reports that this is now changing and elites who request a C+ upgrade are being "waitlisted" for one.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
No IAD?
Old Jun 1, 2017, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by drewguy
Will a Plat or a Gold take E+ middle over E- W/A to get a meal?
I would!

(I suppose it depends on what meal is...)

Originally Posted by dcsnowwake
No IAD?
No viable competition, therefore no United Coast service.

(my sources tell me that name might still be coming...)
Old Jun 1, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I would not care about the meal at all. Just pick something up at the airport. Leg room and getting off the plane earlier are a thousand times more valuable.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Will be sad to see the p.s. branding go away. I kind of liked it.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA Million Mile, Mileage Plus Premier 1K, SkyMiles Gold Medallion, AAdvantage Gold
I'm flying EWR-LAX on July 1 in E+ so I can report back the changes. Booked this a few months ago for vacation, so lucky coincidence it's the first day.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
"Before arrival, snacks such as Boulder Canyon potato chips & Madik’s almonds will be served."

Nothing says premium like a pre-arrival bag of chips
Old Jun 1, 2017, 5:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by demkr
"Before arrival, snacks such as Boulder Canyon potato chips & Madik’s almonds will be served."

I think it's more intended to be a snack basketed pre arrival nuts/drink style thing.
FWIW those chips and the Buddha Belly ones are pretty good even it comes to chip. It's not a thing if Lays.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by demkr

Ugh. I hope this doesn't replace the cookie. Packaged snacks scream Economy to me (I don't like the snack basket either).
Old Jun 1, 2017, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by malgudi
Will there be a vegetarian option for the hot meal?
i could be wrong, but I thought at least in F, all domestic transcons (maybe 5+ hour flights) are supposed to have 3 meal options, with at least 1 vegetarian. Not sure how E+ will fit into that though.

On the other hand, at least on the mid-cons (like ORD-California) flights I've been on that have meals have at least an option that can be made veggie. For example, don't know if they still have a chicken or shrimp salad, but on those, the chicken/shrimp is separate until the FAs prep it for serving in the galley. I know my wife has ordered that without the protein and they've never had an issue doing that. Not the fullest meal, but still something.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
On today's SFO-EWR flight, it seems like they have implemented some of the changes to the menu upfront - Moscow Mule gets its own 'drink special' listing, and the cookie has been replaced by snacks and wraps/sandwiches as the pre-arrival service.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
On today's SFO-EWR flight, it seems like they have implemented some of the changes to the menu upfront - Moscow Mule gets its own 'drink special' listing, and the cookie has been replaced by snacks and wraps/sandwiches as the pre-arrival service.
Awesome that transcon Sky Snacks are back!!!!
Old Jun 4, 2017, 2:05 pm

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
With flights that can be up to twice as long as those that are from coast to coast, it would be nice to see these changes applied to flights to Hawaii as well (or at least those to HNL).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.