Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

United Airlines | MileagePlus

Does UA rank/track customer interactions? Can you complain too much?

Does UA rank/track customer interactions? Can you complain too much?

Old Apr 4, 22, 2:47 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Beltway2A View Post
Very cool, thanks for sharing this! They have my precise join date, which is somewhat cool to see.

I don't know what the scale is, but it was also interesting to see that I have a negative profit score. I've only ever flown UA on partner ticket stock (I don't know how JV calculations are done), so that was perhaps not surprising but interesting nonetheless.
Care to share "how" negative? Mine is a (positive) mid-range 4-digit number. I'm particularly curious about the Centile and Decile ranks as well... And just noticed the "UaFamilySegment" which is a number I can't really correlate to anything obvious (at least not a number of flight segments)
Old Apr 4, 22, 2:58 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent (former AA PLT/US GLD)
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc View Post
Care to share "how" negative? Mine is a (positive) mid-range 4-digit number. I'm particularly curious about the Centile and Decile ranks as well... And just noticed the "UaFamilySegment" which is a number I can't really correlate to anything obvious (at least not a number of flight segments)
It's a double-digit number, so seemingly not that negative based on your scale. LH had a schedule change on a very cheap ($1 base) P fare and reaccomodated me in UA D, so that's probably the bulk of my unprofitability.
lincolnjkc likes this.
Old Apr 4, 22, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA
Interestingly, my profit score is null, suggesting that they haven't been updated for at least 9 months.
nexus7556 likes this.
Old Apr 4, 22, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by zombietooth View Post
Don't underestimate the potential malice that can brought to bear on someone who posts negative things about a business online.
Agreed. This is why I never assume I am anonymous online, unless I go to very specific lengths to do so [which is very rare]. I stay away from social sites were I could be tempted into saying/liking/etc things that could be used against me later and only participate in sites like this while making a choice to self-censor knowing I am exposing identifying info. It is also why I spent extra time going through the data and basic security checks (that I would do in my own work) to make sure there wasnt anything obviously harmful before posting above about how to view the JSON data
Old Apr 4, 22, 3:21 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, UA GS/2MM, But I'm a "Diamond Guest"
I want to toy with "IsInfiniteElite" If I set it to "true" will I be GS forever?
Old Apr 4, 22, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by angetenar View Post
Interestingly, my profit score is null, suggesting that they haven't been updated for at least 9 months.
I wonder if there has to be a minimum amount of data, my score from late 2021 (when I originally noticed the data point) is different from my current score - which should make United happy since I went from the negative hundred's into the positive hundreds
Old Apr 4, 22, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
I remember surrendering my FT handle when I registered for CO DO IV, back in 2009. I’m sure that my handle fared better in the merger of the One Pass and Mileage Plus programs than the PMUA Mileage Plus program fared. I’m sure that UA knows who I am. Whether or not they care or will ever ding my profile for it is another matter.
Old Apr 4, 22, 3:46 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, UA GS/2MM, But I'm a "Diamond Guest"
Originally Posted by angetenar View Post
Mine is NULL too. I've been flying pretty consistently since late 2020.
nexus7556 likes this.
Old Apr 4, 22, 3:51 pm

Post of the year random.parts ! Thanks for the fun heads up.
random.parts likes this.
Old Apr 4, 22, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by porciuscato View Post
Looks like they cleaned it up (honestly, good job) - mine is showing Null too. So if anyone doubts that United isnt paying attention to FT...

[edit] still wanna know what "OxygenFlowRate" is..please tell us
Old Apr 4, 22, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
I'm also NULL for profit, but pleased to see IsDeceased=false, as is IsVictim.

Originally Posted by random.parts View Post
[edit] still wanna know what "OxygenFlowRate" is..please tell us
Almost certainly for passengers who travel with portable oxygen concentrators ... that's one of the items United has to track for those to be allowed to fly.
porciuscato and random.parts like this.
Old Apr 4, 22, 4:17 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
I want to toy with "IsInfiniteElite" If I set it to "true" will I be GS forever?
You would be demoted to Lifetime 1K and no automatic PlusPoints
porciuscato likes this.
Old Apr 4, 22, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
good to know that the next time the stock dives, i can set IsCEO: false to true and shake things up at headquarters.
porciuscato likes this.
Old Apr 5, 22, 10:01 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Interestingly, checking again today and comparing against the original JSON my CustomerProfitScore object is now null and all of the phone number information has disappeared from the object -- methinks either

(a) Someone is watching FT and realizes that pushing this info to every customer is a bad idea and made a quick non-breaking change, or,
(b) It's been long enough since my last flight (11 days) that my profit score is is no longer valid -- i do notice in the original object the "EffectiveDate" for the ProfitScore is 2022-03-21 which would have been two weeks from yesterday (the expiration date though was 3001-01-01)

Since the phones info is missing I'm leaning a bit toward (a) but never attribute to UA IT Competence...
Old Apr 5, 22, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by lincolnjkc View Post
Interestingly, checking again today and comparing against the original JSON my CustomerProfitScore object is now null and all of the phone number information has disappeared from the object -- methinks either

(a) Someone is watching FT and realizes that pushing this info to every customer is a bad idea and made a quick non-breaking change, or,
(b) It's been long enough since my last flight (11 days) that my profit score is is no longer valid -- i do notice in the original object the "EffectiveDate" for the ProfitScore is 2022-03-21 which would have been two weeks from yesterday (the expiration date though was 3001-01-01)

Since the phones info is missing I'm leaning a bit toward (a) but never attribute to UA IT Competence...
I would bet my entire mileage balance * it's (a). The profitscore was updated in a batch once a month and didn't expire even with many months of no flight activity.

* admittedly that amounts to a pittance at the values I find offered today, but the point stands.

Search this Thread