Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Odds of some sort of upgrade available SFO - FRA and LHR-SFO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Odds of some sort of upgrade available SFO - FRA and LHR-SFO

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:27 pm

Nice. What was the cost to upfare?

Originally Posted by bpratt
in case anyone finds this, I ended up getting a reasonable (relatively speaking) cost to upfare the ticket and not have to take the long odds of upgrades clearing.

The most curious thing I found was that on the return LHR - SFO the incremental cost to upfare from J to F was only $229. Kinda a no-brainer there, so I get to ride in the nose of a 747 one last time before United retires them.

Thanks for all the suggestions and tips.
Bob
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Platinum
Originally Posted by malgudi
Nice. What was the cost to upfare?
Discount coach (V/H) to J was $5K. Not cheap, but not outrageously high either.

Bob
Old Jun 1, 2017, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
SFO-FRA - try LH - I think that is a A380 as well - if you are tied to United metal - sorry
Old Jun 1, 2017, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Platinum
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
SFO-FRA - try LH - I think that is a A380 as well - if you are tied to United metal - sorry
tied to UA timing. I needed a flight departing no earlier than 6:30-7pm, which left me with limited choices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.