Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Miles for Apple Products

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2017, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Location: Scarsdale, NY USA; LT PLT AA; AA 3 mm (4 mm will never happen); Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA is clueless why I fly
Using Miles for Apple Products

I received a booklet today from Chase Bank's United Visa Card. One of the offers was titled 'Use Miles For Your Favorite Apple Products.' ..... Visit awards.MileagePlus.com/Apple

Problem is that website doesn't exist!

I tried accessing it from Firefox and IE. Neither one displayed that site.
Old May 23, 2017, 2:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jaynyc
I received a booklet today from Chase Bank's United Visa Card. One of the offers was titled 'Use Miles For Your Favorite Apple Products.' ..... Visit awards.MileagePlus.com/Apple

Problem is that website doesn't exist!

I tried accessing it from Firefox and IE. Neither one displayed that site.
Try this one: Mileageplus.com/Apple

Redemption value is not great compared to airline tix, but points have different value to different people.
Old May 23, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
IMHO it is a bad redemption rate, 100,000+ miles for a $1200 computer when you can use those miles for a $4000+ RT C ticket to Europe
Old May 23, 2017, 2:46 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jaynyc
Visit awards.MileagePlus.com/Apple ...
try awards.MileagePlus.com w/o the /Apple, that seems to work

Originally Posted by N104UA
IMHO it is a bad redemption rate, 100,000+ miles for a $1200 computer ...
If only if it was that good -- seems closer to 213K miles for $1,600 12-inch MacBook 512GB - Silver
Typical sub 1 cpm for UA merchandising / MP Shopping

At least with Choice Points you get 1 cpm.

Originally Posted by N104UA
when you can use those miles for a $4000+ RT C ticket to Europe
If you can find it and not everyone wants to do an international trip -- lots of folks get loaded up with miles but neither have the patience or desire for those types of awards.

UA wants them to do Standard Awards and then the cpm is not quite so good

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 23, 2017 at 2:58 pm Reason: Choice Points link

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.