New look to select flight page

Old May 22, 17, 1:47 pm

In related "updates", when clicking through Google Flights to the confirmation page, the Details expansion is no longer available. This makes figuring out the fare class of tickets incredibly annoying. I have to load the full flight rules to figure out the fare class.

Anyone have any better ideas?
Old May 22, 17, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by afrozenfyre View Post
In related "updates", when clicking through Google Flights to the confirmation page, the Details expansion is no longer available. This makes figuring out the fare class of tickets incredibly annoying. I have to load the full flight rules to figure out the fare class.

Anyone have any better ideas?
Continue > click on the segments in the summary box.

Also annoying though. I tend to use ITA to search flights instead, though, which is another workaround.
Old May 22, 17, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I've now started using the following custom CSS to always show the "details", since the button is missing.

Code:
.flight-block-details-container .flight-block-details {
  display: block !important;
}
Old May 22, 17, 2:43 pm

Good find @segiddins, hilarious that they bothered to remove the button but not the content on the page.

I cannot understand how removing this information improves the experience or even the bottom line from E+ upsells.
Old May 22, 17, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by br2k View Post
Ugh, those buttons are *really* annoying - all that clutter makes it difficult to quickly scan prices. May be that's the intention?
I also think its going along the lines of more 'tabletization' of website look and feel. Compact displays that allow lots of information on the screen seem to be going the way of the dodo. Its all lots of white space to allow folks to poke at a screen with your finger instead of a small mouse cursor.

I for one am not a fan.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: