Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Anyone on ORD-SDF last night 17 May 2017?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone on ORD-SDF last night 17 May 2017?

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: United, Marriott
Landed in ORD earlier this morning and the wind was rough on the way down. No delays though.
Old May 18, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
It was very windy at ORD and only one runway was in use. My flight to SEA was an hour late sitting from sitting and waiting.
Old May 18, 2017, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by sosptuba
I made it out about 2300 but man the CPT put the "pedal down" on that A320 on the way out and when we cut through the line on the way to MSN was probably top 2 worse turbulence I've experienced. Lady behind me threw up and the guy in 2A drink hit the ceiling and spilled on the lady in 1A. Applause from the cabin when we landed safely.
This kind of pilot behavior is what leads to accidents. If I were on that flight, I would have already written a letter to the DOT.
Old May 18, 2017, 6:57 pm

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
Originally Posted by sosptuba
I came into ORD on a CRJ200 about 2045 last night . . . I made it out about 2300 but man the CPT put the "pedal down" on that A320 on the way out...
yeah, we were about the same times. I arrived on an ERJ from PIA -- a rockin' ride on the way in -- and left on the delayed 915 757-300 to Boston, which meant 2 rough minutes on initial climb, and then we turned away from the storms and headed east across the lake.

spent an hour in the penalty box at PIA waiting for a slot to ORD, listening to a guy going DYKWIA on the phone about his missed connection. Clearly it wasn't weather -- he could see the sun in peoria!
Old May 18, 2017, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA 1k, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Seat1A
yeah, we were about the same times. I arrived on an ERJ from PIA
Funny, I was inbound from SPI
Old May 18, 2017, 7:34 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I was sitting in the lineup for 22L last night around 1930 (when we joined the queue we were #20 ) and saw two go-arounds. Like others said, it was pretty windy with some storm cells to the west. At least our DL Shuttle got in before the LGA curfew; the flight after us had to divert to JFK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.