Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United offers for shopping online?

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2017, 10:37 am
Original Poster

United offers for shopping online?

Has anyone seen any current offers from United shopping portal for bonus miles when using their portal. It seems for a while whenever American did it, the United followed closely.
Old May 15, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
They had a number of specials right around Christmas and New Years, but I haven't seen any new ones since then.
Old May 16, 2017, 8:23 am

Interesting timing - this morning I had a 500-mile bonus offer in my inbox: Spend $200 by May 26.
Old May 16, 2017, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
They tend to come around certain events. Back to school, Christmas, etc. Most of the ones lately have been pretty low-ball.
Old May 16, 2017, 7:35 pm

AA and UA both use Rewards Network - explains why the offers are similar if not identical.
Old May 16, 2017, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
This is posted on the UA website: https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/Mar...-partners.aspx

MileagePlus Shopping

Earn bonus award miles just for trying out MileagePlus Shopping, the exclusive online shopping site for MileagePlus members.

Earn 500 bonus miles when you spend $125
Earn 1,000 bonus miles when you spend $150 with your MileagePlus credit card

That's on top of the miles per dollar earned at 850+ top online stores like Macy's, Groupon, Best Buy and more.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
ebags is currently at 15 miles for every $1, which is about the highest I have seen it - Usually 6 or so. I have purchased from them many times with out issue. Great if you need to pick up some luggage.

Macys is at 8 miles for every $1.

I have also been pleasantly surprised with the Shopping portal of late. It now shows a history of what sites you visited, and if you made a purchase. Also getting emails promptly after a transaction, confirming the miles are coming.

Seems much more reliable than in the past.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by goodeats21
ebags is currently at 15 miles for every $1, which is about the highest I have seen it - Usually 6 or so. I have purchased from them many times with out issue. Great if you need to pick up some luggage.

Macys is at 8 miles for every $1.

I have also been pleasantly surprised with the Shopping portal of late. It now shows a history of what sites you visited, and if you made a purchase. Also getting emails promptly after a transaction, confirming the miles are coming.

Seems much more reliable than in the past.
+1. The posting of miles seems to be much more timely now as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.