Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA removing domestic first class blankets?

UA removing domestic first class blankets?

Old May 16, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by Nick Hermann
0/2 today
Ua 769 roc -ord -sfo
739 and a 772 were flown
This is they type of "rumor" that UA Insider is on this forum to bat down. No benifit to UA in allowing it to remain up, if not true....

While I think it is crazy for UA to do this, IMHE the lack of denial says it is true...
Old May 16, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
IAD-SFO-IAD last week - both 772s had blankets.
Old May 16, 2017, 2:17 pm

Programs: United MP Premier Gold, *A Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by spin88
This is they type of "rumor" that UA Insider is on this forum to bat down. No benifit to UA in allowing it to remain up, if not true....

While I think it is crazy for UA to do this, IMHE the lack of denial says it is true...
Turns out my 2nd flight ord to sfo had them but they were stored in the overhead but we're only given out by request.
Old May 16, 2017, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
So what I'm curious about is what is the supposed old "blanket policy" that's being allegedly replaced? In 60+ segments in F last year I pretty much never saw blankets except on widebodies and p.s. I don't fly redeyes though.
Old May 16, 2017, 4:07 pm

Location: Various tier levels of frequent flyer/hotel plans received for bellyaching about minor flaws in the service I received.
My flight from SFO to IAD yesterday the gate agent rushed in with a bag labelled "domestic first class blankets" right before the door closed. I was in E+ so don't know if they were distributed. The guy next to me had stolen one from some other flight, and took great glee at hauling it out of his backpack when the person next to him told the f/a she was cold. Stealing a blanket aside, I'm not sure I would whip a stolen blanket out right in front of a f/a, in addition to thumbing my nose at a fellow traveler who was cold.
Old May 16, 2017, 9:47 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador
Lax to las and las to iad both had blankets last week
Old May 16, 2017, 11:53 pm

Programs: UA 1k; 1MM, HH Diamond; Hertz PC, Costco member
DEN - BDL had them today in First.
Old May 17, 2017, 2:37 pm

Had to ask on the SAN/EWR flight today. The cabin was ridiculously cold. There was a huge, container of blankets in the OH. I wonder if the corporate policy is on request only or if the
FAs decide whether or not to dish them out.

I am usually a DL flyer and thought that maybe with all of the negative press surrounding
UA that they would up their game. I was mistaken in pretty much every aspect of service.
Old May 17, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Titanium/LT Gold
Blankets on all seats today on the 16:05 IAD-DEN (UA542).
Old May 17, 2017, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
So is it safe to say that this was nothing more than a rumor?....and that perhaps the thread should be retitled as such?
Old May 17, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Mickidon
...I am usually a DL flyer and thought that maybe with all of the negative press surrounding UA that they would up their game. I was mistaken in pretty much every aspect of service.
Actually, you are seeing UA at its best right now. You should have seen how badly they treated passengers before the most recent events!!
Old May 17, 2017, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
None on DFW-LAX today and it was freezing cold -- many people asked for one and were told they were not loaded. (Along with catering!)
Old Jun 7, 2017, 12:42 am

I can tell you all that the flight I am on now (6/6/17) on my AA A321 PHX-PHL does not have blankets on the red-eye.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 1:01 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus Gold, HHonors, Priority Pass, Global entry/TSA Pre
What we can all do is just bring a Polaris blanket. Is not like none of you have one. You know who you are.... hahahahaha
Old Jun 7, 2017, 5:09 am

Programs: papa card, UA 1K
Originally Posted by airline101
What we can all do is just bring a Polaris blanket. Is not like none of you have one. You know who you are.... hahahahaha
I was given a duvet by a friend not long after polaris started; apparently he bought it. UA had/has a site where you can purchase polaris bedding - every time I've been on they've been out of stock though... but I haven't been on for a while and I don't know what that link is.

Edit:
I don't mean this site: goo.gl/ZwVUji

Last edited by ermintrude; Jun 7, 2017 at 6:18 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.