Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA removing domestic first class blankets?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2017, 7:58 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Blankets (the blue cloth one) were present in all seats for LAX-ORD redeye in the 3/4/3 config in E last Thursday night.
Old May 1, 2017, 9:58 am

Programs: United MP Premier Gold, *A Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Mid day flight SFO-EWR on 752 did provide blue blankets for all pax in all classes.
Old May 10, 2017, 10:44 am

Programs: uniied,marriot

i was just informed and confirmed by global services that united has decided to eliminate blankets for First Class domestic flights. After my third flight this month of the blankets "not being there", this policy change was confirmed by united. How cheap!!
Old May 10, 2017, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
yes, especially as they keep the cabins too cold.
Old May 10, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Looks like they're doubling down after eliminating pillows in F around 2012.

There's now quite a gap in cabin furnishing compared with DL and AA. Not to mention an even bigger gap between the domestic F cabin and Polaris.

Maybe they could redeploy the extra pillow they've removed from Polaris to the F cabin of domestic flights?
Old May 10, 2017, 11:46 am

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Really, Really stupid. It appears that the new man [Oscar] is just as bad as the old man [Jeffie]
Old May 10, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Perhaps the blanket material is needed for the new FA uniforms?
Old May 10, 2017, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not good. So, flying Polaris TPAC or TATL I have to schlepp around my own blanket, or freeze on my domestic connection.
Old May 10, 2017, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Interesting...there seemed to be a pretty consistent panning of the blankets because of the quality of them anyway. Apparenlty, now they weren't so bad?

Seriously though, pretty sure I had them on my last flight in F a week and a half ago.
Old May 10, 2017, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
yes, especially as they keep the cabins too cold.
Not sure what flights/planes you fly on but keeping the cabins too cold is not the majority.
For us humans it is easier to sleep when it is colder rather than hotter. PLus, you don't want to see me in my skivvies.
Old May 10, 2017, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by transportprof
Perhaps the blanket material is needed for the new FA uniforms?
Ha, ha!
Old May 10, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Funny as I had my first Y blanket in a while on a non-p.s. redeye the other day. It was welcomed as I forgot to pack my usual hoodie and was only wearing a golf shirt in a chilly cabin.

Cheap and tacky, if true. That'll go a long way toward closing the margin gap!
Old May 10, 2017, 1:06 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Odd, I had a blanket on Sunday's IAD-IAH flight... must still be some around.
Old May 10, 2017, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Maybe they were misinformed? I've passed through F many a flight, and it was always hit or miss if there were blankets sitting on the seats.

Another possibility: perhaps UA is temporarily suspending the provisioning of blankets in domestic F/J until they find a better replacement blanket? There were many complaints about the current/"old" thin, cheese-cloth blankets.
Old May 10, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Collierkr
Not sure what flights/planes you fly on but keeping the cabins too cold is not the majority.
For us humans it is easier to sleep when it is colder rather than hotter. PLus, you don't want to see me in my skivvies.
It's not the majority, but there are plenty of us out there who struggle with how cold UA keeps their cabins. I often have to double-blanket to sleep comfortably. Asian and European airlines get it right in my book.

And yes, I've had my doctor confirm that I am human, albeit with some minor lizard mutations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.