Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

How many United flights do not pass through a hub?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2017, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Gold

I noticed that United this year is again flying AUS-CUN nonstop, which is one of the few flights that does not pass through a hub (i.e., neither airports is a hub for United). I am wondering how many United flights are like this (even seasonal)?
Old May 4, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by lixiaojuventus
I noticed that United this year is again flying AUS-CUN nonstop, which is one of the few flights that does not pass through a hub (i.e., neither airports is a hub for United). I am wondering how many United flights are like this (even seasonal)?
They also fly SAT/MSY > CUN nonstop seasonally.

Last edited by txaggiemiles; May 4, 2017 at 9:56 am
Old May 4, 2017, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lixiaojuventus
I seem to recall seeing a similar thread awhile back.

Off the top of my head:
HKG-SIN
MNL-ROR
all of the Island Hopper legs except TKK-GUM

There don't seem to be many domestic U.S. flights that eschew hubs altogether. CLE (former hub) may still have some.
Old May 4, 2017, 10:07 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
LGA-RDU
Old May 4, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
I thought that were still a few CLE - Florida (MCO, maybe FLL, etc.)
Old May 4, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
UA still operates some routes out of CLE to non-hubs; CLE-BOS and CLE-IAD come to mind. I believe UA operates a seasonal LGA-MTJ (Telluride, CO) during ski season. There used to be more (SEA-NRT, JFK-NRT, JFK-LHR) but that goes pretty far back. DL does this far more.
Old May 4, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by CappuccinoAddict
UA still operates some routes out of CLE to non-hubs; CLE-BOS and CLE-IAD come to mind. I believe UA operates a seasonal LGA-MTJ (Telluride, CO) during ski season. There used to be more (SEA-NRT, JFK-NRT, JFK-LHR) but that goes pretty far back. DL does this far more.
pmUA even had EWR-LHR back when pmCO was relegated to LGW only and EWR-NRT way way way back.
Old May 4, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Depends which airports you consider to be hubs (CLE? HKG?) and what you mean by a "flight" "passing through" (i.e. same flight number or a single segment).
Old May 4, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
CLE-IAD has a hub in that routing...
Old May 4, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,

IAD is considered a UA hub
Old May 4, 2017, 11:21 am

I just noticed that united.com has been upgraded to about 2006 with a new interactive route map. Seems the "we scan the route maps from Hemispheres" and save them as a .pdf is gone. Nice way to play around and see random flights. I miss the IAD-ROC-BUF-ORD evening flight I took so many times years ago from ROC-ORD.
Old May 4, 2017, 12:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Say Vandelay
LGA-RDU
Not any more.
Old May 4, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
I don't see it in the schedule but does UA still have the goofy UX routes ex-LAS (PSP, ONT, BUR, etc)?
Old May 4, 2017, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA747SP
I just noticed that united.com has been upgraded to about 2006 with a new interactive route map. Seems the "we scan the route maps from Hemispheres" and save them as a .pdf is gone. Nice way to play around and see random flights. I miss the IAD-ROC-BUF-ORD evening flight I took so many times years ago from ROC-ORD.
Actually it was 'upload the pdf that we print in Hemispheres'. If it were scan then upload, it would look comically terrible.
Old May 4, 2017, 12:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
I don't see it in the schedule but does UA still have the goofy UX routes ex-LAS (PSP, ONT, BUR, etc)?
Not since the E120s disappeared from the system AFAIK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.