Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Premier Gold: Is there a max number of passengers on same PNR to get free bags?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:27 am
Original Poster

As Gold I get 2 free bags up to 70 lbs -- do all passengers on same PNR also get 2 free bags? Or is it limited to 1 additional passenger? I know E+ seating is limited to one extra person...
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: UA 1K
Used to be documented -- see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...e-charges.html . Is no longer documented; I cannot find the current benefit published. But I might be bad at looking.

Back when it was documented, the checked bag benefit applied to everyone on the same reservation. But this was back when the very generous benefit applied to all *G, not just UA Gold (this has changed a bit).
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/tra...edBaggage.aspx

I interpret 8.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:51 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by aacharya
I interpret 9:

Travel companions of MileagePlus Premier members will have the same exemptions as the Premier member whose status provides the benefit, as long as they are traveling on the same reservation. Exemptions do not apply to group reservations of 10 or more customers.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
I say 9 total, as IIRC that is the limit .bomb can book on 1 PNR
Old Apr 27, 2017, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
I interpret 9:

Travel companions of MileagePlus Premier members will have the same exemptions as the Premier member whose status provides the benefit, as long as they are traveling on the same reservation. Exemptions do not apply to group reservations of 10 or more customers.
8 companions, 9 passengers.

We always define it by companion, since we clearly exempt the Premier.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 1:40 pm

Is this still true (8 or 9)? I know there have been some changes since this post 18 months ago. I'm Premier Silver and wonder if my 2 companions on my PNR get 1st bag free. I searched UAL website but can't find anything
Old Dec 31, 2018, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Yes, UA extends the most liberal baggage waiver to all pax on the same PNR.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
This is interesting; flying SFO-CDG, I have UA*G, my son is GM, and the choice was to either bring bag#4 on board or pay for it. This was real life, not theory. If policy is that he gets the same allowance I do, when on the same reservation, that's great news! Was not aware of that. Thanks!
Old Dec 31, 2018, 2:44 pm

Also worth noting, this message pops up when viewing the seating chart as a Gold. So while E+ is you plus 1 companion, Preferred seating is you plus 8 companions (so 9 total). Bags are likely the same interpretation as Preferred seating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.