Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Will my LAX-LHR flight (UA 923) be cancelled? 4/27

Will my LAX-LHR flight (UA 923) be cancelled? 4/27

Old Apr 27, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
If LAX-LHR cancels, they should rebook you on another airline (especially as a 1K). Lots of options to LHR ex-LAX.
Agree; I was flying GF LAX-LHR (the rare double upgrade; bought Y, upgraded it with miles+copay, then offered UFC at OLCI to GF. Bit).

Our flight was canceled, and the nice ladies in the GF lounge rebooked me on BA, in biz. Had to exit T7, and walk down to TBIT, reclear TSA, and head for the BA lounge. Nice flight. Upon return, I requested and received original routing credit.

So no worries, I would say...
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by runner450
839-26 will operate ~9 hours late and has #3952 has been assigned. Your plane remains #3953 that flight returned yesterday, assuming they get the issue worked out
It ended up being #3965 which arrived from LHR this afternoon
Old Apr 28, 2017, 1:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by mauiUAflyer
Our flight was canceled, and the nice ladies in the GF lounge rebooked me on BA, in biz. Had to exit T7, and walk down to TBIT, reclear TSA, and head for the BA lounge. Nice flight. Upon return, I requested and received original routing credit.

You can walk airside from T7-T6-T5-T4-TBIT.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 2:32 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by mauiUAflyer
Agree; I was flying GF LAX-LHR (the rare double upgrade; bought Y, upgraded it with miles+copay, then offered UFC at OLCI to GF. Bit).

Originally Posted by N104UA
It ended up being #3965 which arrived from LHR this afternoon

That is a possibility now, but not when mauiUAflyer had his experiemce. That was more than two years ago when the GFL was still operational.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by ralphs
You can walk airside from T7-T6-T5-T4-TBIT.
Good to know. I recall having a really long lay-over that day, and making a grand walking tour of T8-T5. Love those "Get Smart" emergency doors down in the tunnel...

But as LAXOGG mentioned, that was the airside limit back then. Although there were reports of folks taking an airside bus out to the mid-field American Eagle holding pen, and grabbing another bus to continue the terminal tour.

But after lots of wine, that would have been WAY too complicated!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.