Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Major United Policy Changes Announced

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2017, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by fly18725
Having a separate "customer solutions team" allows other front line employees to remain focused on doing other aspects of their job. Gate agents are already under a lot of pressure and taking more time to find options for VDB (or IDB) passengers could result in departure delays. If you bring in another team, the GA can still focus on getting the flight out without a compromise on the amount of attention provided to the other passenger.
I don't think so. I would not accept compensation until I knew what the alternative flight was. Okay, if the compensation is $10,000 perhaps I would, but for the normal levels of VDB compensation I want to know whether I get out in 2 hours or 4 days. So I still need the answer, from the GA or the "customer solutions team", before I accept the VDB. And the GA can't close the flight until all the volunteers have confirmed they will VDB (or they get IDB'ed).
Old Apr 28, 2017, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by CaptainMiles
I don't think so. I would not accept compensation until I knew what the alternative flight was. Okay, if the compensation is $10,000 perhaps I would, but for the normal levels of VDB compensation I want to know whether I get out in 2 hours or 4 days. So I still need the answer, from the GA or the "customer solutions team", before I accept the VDB. And the GA can't close the flight until all the volunteers have confirmed they will VDB (or they get IDB'ed).
Fair points. However, having additional experts to help a GA allows passengers to taken care of faster than if you had one GA trying to do it.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA peon (+decades 1K), AA Exec Plt
Originally Posted by lazard
they might lose a lot of traffic ex-Vietnam, but markets like Hong Kong and China...no one even talks about this case anymore.
Attached Images  
Old Apr 28, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by fly18725
Fair points. However, having additional experts to help a GA allows passengers to taken care of faster than if you had one GA trying to do it.
That works if the experts are there to support the GA if the GA wants help. We don't know how this will work.

If the GA is empowered, and can optionally consult the "customer solutions team" to help expedite things, great.

If the GA is not empowered to put on other airlines, buy ground transportation, or route to other airports, and MUST get approval of the "customer solutions team", then the customer solutions team will at best slow things down, and become a terrible bottleneck during the next major irrops event.

Last edited by CaptainMiles; Apr 28, 2017 at 4:28 pm
Old Apr 29, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by uber1K_Flyer
I would say he shouldn't be applauded. His initial plan was to say it was the passenger's fault. Then several weeks later implement sensible plans that another airline implemented at least a week earlier. And while these address this single problem, the core problem of insufficient focus on customer service/satisfaction is not fully addressed. Thought this blog are references to joking discussing the "flyer friendly" nature of the airline. A true leader will look for root causes and address them. I think this is a step in the right direction but is neither leading edge nor is it broad enough to adddess broader issues.
Fair criticism but I'd argue that in an organization/bureaucracy like UA it takes time to change the underlying culture. It seems that Munoz is leveraging this bad situation and taking the right steps. It won't happen all overnight but this seems to be moving in the right direction...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.