Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Giant Bunny dies on UA flight...and it's not April 1st

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Giant Bunny dies on UA flight...and it's not April 1st

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2017, 4:17 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Might be hard to do that
That's an understatement. Only read the article and first page of comments.

Too bad. Morbid curiosity had me intrigued on the cause of death.
Old May 1, 2017, 5:04 pm

Might be hard to do that
reminds me of my uncle who died and my cousins had him cremated the very next morning.... they would have done it sooner, but he passed away after the cremation facility had already closed for the day(plus the fact that they only received the official death certificate an hour before cremation) no funeral, no memorial, just a large cardboard box and 3000 degrees of heat.
Old May 1, 2017, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
So did UA cover up by burning the bunny?
Old May 1, 2017, 7:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by hughw
So did UA cover up by burning the bunny?
If the bunny was cremated, at least the heat was too high to serve him/her as dinner in GF. The (giant) meat was incinerated more than what they usually do to beef served on flights.

ADDED: If someone put the rabbit in a freezer, maybe the employee confused the fancy giant with the blue bunny in the ice cream commercial. From descriptions of the size of the deceased rabbit, I don't think in would fit in the freezer compartment of a normal home refrigerator without a lot of chopping, so I'm guessing that whoever did it had access to some industrial equipment and not just a refrigerator provided for storage of employees' lunches and bottled water.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; May 2, 2017 at 8:49 am
Old May 3, 2017, 12:39 pm

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Reactive response to death of Simon the Rabbit

Well UA isn't taking any chances...
Next big memo to employees' subject: Order to utilize Common Sense

Kudos to Brian Summers
Old May 3, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by Points Fitness
Well UA isn't taking any chances...
Next big memo to employees' subject: Order to utilize Common Sense

Kudos to Brian Summers
https://twitter.com/BrianSumers/stat...64128775487488
"our customer declined our offer to have an examination conducted to determine a cause of death"

So I am just kind of wondering..... It seems to be the breeder who raised the stink about the cremation and the death. We have not heard anything from the new owner. Is it reasonable to assume that the new owner was made whole by UA, and all is well?
Old May 3, 2017, 1:25 pm

Has United ever served rabbit meat in its in-flight meals?

Right after Delta took over Pan Am's European routes, I was kind of shocked on a DL flight from London... the first meal had turtle in the soup.... I asked the flight attendant if it was a typo on the menu and she assured me that it was real turtle meat. Needless to say, I skipped the soup.

Old May 3, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
"our customer declined our offer to have an examination conducted to determine a cause of death"

So I am just kind of wondering..... It seems to be the breeder who raised the stink about the cremation and the death. We have not heard anything from the new owner. Is it reasonable to assume that the new owner was made whole by UA, and all is well?
"the new owner was made whole by UA" lol
Old May 3, 2017, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WalterSFO
Has United ever served rabbit meat in its in-flight meals?

Right after Delta took over Pan Am's European routes, I was kind of shocked on a DL flight from London... the first meal had turtle in the soup.... I asked the flight attendant if it was a typo on the menu and she assured me that it was real turtle meat. Needless to say, I skipped the soup.

I've had turtle "steak" in the Caymans. Perfectly fine to eat.
Old May 3, 2017, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
I've had turtle "steak" in the Caymans. Perfectly fine to eat.
hey, I'm not judging.... turtle meat just wan't my cup of tea..(or in my case, bowl of soup in Delta first class). I've eaten way more bizarre foods than that bald guy on TV... but he's more entertaining, so he gets the big bucks.

Does United ever serve non-traditional meats on its flights? (rabbit, snails, etc)
Old May 3, 2017, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
hey, I'm not judging.... turtle meat just wan't my cup of tea..(or in my case, bowl of soup in Delta first class). I've eaten way more bizarre foods than that bald guy on TV... but he's more entertaining, so he gets the big bucks.

Does United ever serve non-traditional meats on its flights? (rabbit, snails, etc)
They just use weird names for fish.

Not so weird, but fairly uncommon or seasonal, was a nice goose I had on LH J FRA-LAX right before Christmas.
Old May 3, 2017, 4:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Does the "I'm not sure this is really chicken" count?
Old May 3, 2017, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Does the "I'm not sure this is really chicken" count?
When I was a kid, I was tricked into eating snake soup during a family vacation in Hong Kong.

Come to think of it, I must have been a very dumb kid back then... because there were cages of snakes in the restaurant and I believed my parents when they said "we ordered chicken for you instead because you probably don't want snake?" Yes, I freaked out when they told me that I had eaten snake.
Old May 3, 2017, 6:52 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Topic Reminder

Though if feels odd to say -- the topic of this thread is the unfortunate trip of the Giant Bunny. "Exotic" food experiences are quite OT and perhaps a bit indelicate. So let's return to the thread's topic.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Old May 3, 2017, 8:05 pm

Topic Reminder

Though if feels odd to say -- the topic of this thread is the unfortunate trip of the Giant Bunny. "Exotic" food experiences are quite OT and perhaps a bit indelicate. So let's return to the thread's topic.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
couldn't agree with you more... I am guilty as charged.

about the giant bunny who dies on United.... has the bunny's estate or his owner obtained legal representation yet? I tried googling it, but haven't found anything yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.