Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Commuting weekly by air -- best options to save but avoid change fees/breakage.

Commuting weekly by air -- best options to save but avoid change fees/breakage.

Old Apr 21, 2017, 5:17 pm

I haven't tracked SEA-SFO fares, but SFO-IAD prices do not linearly increase as dates get closer, and often RM won't open up cheaper fares until closer to the date of travel. For example, today, G fares opened up on the last two 5/20 SFO-IAD flights, where previously it had been S. S fares also opened up on UA727 where previously it had been V.

Similar flights on 6/25 only have fares U and higher filed.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Right, for any given route you learn its cadence and when to book. The answer is almost never more than 3 months out, although really what you do is wait for a good sale fare and book a whole bunch of things at once.

As an aside, that is quite possibly the worst excuse for a G fare (most expensive) I've ever seen.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.