Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

The Polaris Cutbacks Begin .... one less pillow

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Polaris Cutbacks Begin .... one less pillow

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Michael D
You mean a real pillow?
Yes and that too!
Old May 3, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
I actually use the small pillow as lumbar support in the seats. I've seen others do the same. I'd rather they get rid of one of the blankets. I've ever used both at once.
Old May 3, 2017, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA G 1.9MM, HH Diamond, Global Entry
Well I vote for the cut. Two pillows and two blankets were too much. I end up shoving some in the overhead as most around do. Then they had that damn bear taking up more space
Old May 3, 2017, 4:58 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by eng3
I actually use the small pillow as lumbar support in the seats. I've seen others do the same. I'd rather they get rid of one of the blankets. I've ever used both at once.
This is - rather was - my MO too.
Old May 3, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Never knew about the gel pillow and mattress pads. I must try them on my next flight.

I'll add my thumbs-up to this decision. One large pillow and one blanket is enough. The duvet is nice, but it is usually too warm on the plane to use one.
Old May 4, 2017, 9:11 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Yes it is a bit perplexing that there are all these unadvertised features of Polaris. It's like they are specifically marketed towards FTers since no one else would know
Old May 4, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
And don't forget the 4 bottles of champagne only and 36 slices of garlic bread for a total of 48 PAX on the SFO-CDG route...
Old May 4, 2017, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Yes it is a bit perplexing that there are all these unadvertised features of Polaris. It's like they are specifically marketed towards FTers since no one else would know
It's written on the menu.
Old May 4, 2017, 10:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by grenouille
And don't forget the 4 bottles of champagne only and 36 slices of garlic bread for a total of 48 PAX on the SFO-CDG route...
Two bottles of Pellegrino for entire UD on SFO-FRA.
Old May 12, 2017, 1:40 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
The small pillow lives! Provisioned on UA838 NRT-SFO 12May. Big white and blue gel too

Last edited by wxguy; May 12, 2017 at 4:01 am
Old May 12, 2017, 6:10 am

No small pillow, and Business amenities kit provisioned for F cabin, SFO-ICN.

Miss the small pillow, would have been nice if they made available on request.
Old May 12, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier
We flew TPAC on older 747s back in March. It was a struggle to figure out where to put all of the extra bedding....one less pillow is not cost cutting in my book but lets see what else happens. Since we are now retired vacation flyers our next Polaris trip is not until September on a TATL 777.
Old May 12, 2017, 9:21 am

Programs: UA/CO GS, PP, MM
I'm ok with this. There is just too much bedding provided. Would be ok with making the larger pillow more substantial.
Old May 12, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
At least get the title right. It's not one less pillow. It's one fewer pillows.
Old May 12, 2017, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
I do the same with the small pillow. and i use the duvet to cover my seat, head to toe, because we all know they don't clean those seats. I rarely use the blanket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.