Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

MileagePlus Dining - Q&A, bonus, experiences, ....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MileagePlus Dining - Q&A, bonus, experiences, ....

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2017, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
mine from last week posted within 3 days.
Hi everyone,
I just signed up for MP Dining, may i ask 2 more questions:
1) do I have to register Chase United credit card for the bonus to work? I want to use my Chase Saphire Reserve instead but not sure if i will get bonus miles with CSR card.
2) Can i eat at the same restaurant 5 times and 500 bonus miles each time or have to go to 5 different places.

Sorry to asking too many Q, i dont see any WIKI here in this thread

Last edited by hondaman82; Apr 20, 2017 at 2:07 pm
Old Apr 20, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by hondaman82
Hi everyone,
I just signed up for MP Dining, may i ask 2 more questions:
1) do I have to register Chase United credit card for the bonus to work? I want to use my Chase Saphire Reserve instead but not sure if i will get bonus miles with CSR card.
You can register any and all credit cards that you have. As long as you pay with a registered credit card, you should receive your bonus and regular miles.

2) Can i eat at the same restaurant 5 times and 500 bonus miles each time or have to go to 5 different places.

Sorry to asking too many Q, i dont see any WIKI here in this thread
You need to read the fine print. For initial bonus, usually you have to visit different restaurants in order to qualify.

For on going miles, each restaurant has its own restrictions. Some you can only visit once a month. Some do not give miles on weekends and holidays.

They can be reached at 1–800–555–5116 (9 a.m. – 10 p.m. ET, M-F)

https://dining.mileageplus.com/
Old Apr 20, 2017, 3:33 pm

Thanks 1KChinito
MP Fine print "Limit one bonus-qualifying visit per restaurant per day", thats why i am confused because it doesnot say same restaurant on different day, but anyway, i will try different place at different time just to be sure.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 3:49 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by hondaman82
Thanks 1KChinito
MP Fine print "Limit one bonus-qualifying visit per restaurant per day", thats why i am confused because it doesnot say same restaurant on different day, but anyway, i will try different place at different time just to be sure.
You are welcome. To be 100% certain, call that toll free number I gave you. It is best to get answer directly from MP Dining program, instead of here on FT.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: American - Platinum Pro, Marriott - Platinum
how much time do the miles take to post?

I have miles expiring Aug-31, and considering to do a dine out on Aug-27 to avoid expiration.

How much time do the miles usually take to post?

Thx
Old Aug 26, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by raj_cl
I have miles expiring Aug-31, and considering to do a dine out on Aug-27 to avoid expiration.

How much time do the miles usually take to post?

Thx
5-7 days has been the norm for me. Depends on when the restaurant actually posts the final credit charge.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 3:26 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by raj_cl
.... How much time do the miles usually take to post? ....
When the miles post does not matter per se, the credit date of the posting is the key issue. So if posted after the miles expire but was a credit date of your dining event, the "expired" miles will "un-expire".
Old Feb 28, 2018, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Interesting tidbit in a promotional email from MilagePlus Dining program today.

They mentioned their top earner accumulated over 198,000 miles in the program last year.

Quite a few restaurant visits....
Old Feb 28, 2018, 6:38 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
At 5 miles per dollar, that's $39,600 in spend. Either someone found a restaurant chain in the program where they can MS, or they're responsible for paying for daily coffee/refreshments (at a place that is part of the program) for a large company.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 10:06 am
RNE

Originally Posted by diburning
At 5 miles per dollar, that's $39,600 in spend. Either someone found a restaurant chain in the program where they can MS, or they're responsible for paying for daily coffee/refreshments (at a place that is part of the program) for a large company.
It's only $108 per diem.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by RNE
It's only $108 per diem.
Strongly assuming there is some tongue in cheek there. So LOL to you

I would love to hear the details of that spend but of course they will not share that
RNE likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 3:56 pm

How long does it usually take for MP dining miles to post?

For example, if you dine on a Monday, when do miles generally hit your MP account? Basically curious if we're talking more like 1-2 days, 1-2 weeks, or months? Thanks!
Old Apr 8, 2018, 4:03 pm

More like the 1-2 weeks. Sometimes it takes a few days or a week before it registers in the mp dining account. Then there's usually a lag before they transfer over from mp dining to mp
Old Apr 8, 2018, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
1-2 weeks is about right. Sometimes quicker.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by drew in the air
More like the 1-2 weeks. Sometimes it takes a few days or a week before it registers in the mp dining account. Then there's usually a lag before they transfer over from mp dining to mp
This. A few days to post to the CC, a few more to post to MPD, and a few more to post to UA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.