Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

MileagePlus Dining - Q&A, bonus, experiences, ....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MileagePlus Dining - Q&A, bonus, experiences, ....

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2014, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by RNE
You have my condolences. I hope the trichinosis has cleared up by now.
LOL I know (I'm from Pittsburgh, you don't have to tell me twice) but we were actually driving through. Have you ever been to Melt? It is one of the best things in Cleveland. http://www.meltbarandgrilled.com
Old Sep 17, 2014, 5:31 am
RNE

Originally Posted by horse glasses
LOL I know (I'm from Pittsburgh, you don't have to tell me twice) but we were actually driving through. Have you ever been to Melt? It is one of the best things in Cleveland. http://www.meltbarandgrilled.com
I do like Melt, and Stir Crazy and a few other Cleveland eateries not yet available in Akron. But, I don't often make the drive.

Anyway, yeah, I get the same e-mails from MileagePlus Dining to revisit restaurants I liked. Here's the kicker, though. Of the 20+ restaurants at which I've dined, only two (Chili's and Beef 'O'Brady's) received good ratings from me. That panning limits the dine-again e-mails I can be sent.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by idlechill
Final dine 09/Aug, still waiting for the 10k miles bonus.
I know how you feel. My last dine was 8/27. I emailed them the past day about this. Now waiting for a response.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 8:06 am

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Originally Posted by mommafrica
I know how you feel. My last dine was 8/27. I emailed them the past day about this. Now waiting for a response.
I am in the similar situation. Filed an online credit request, now they want me to fax/scan the receipt or credit card statement showing name of the restaurant, amount spent and the last 4 digits of the credit card used for this transaction.

No longer have the receipt, unable to print statement on line with all the info they need on one page so I am waiting for sept paper statement before I can fight for this 10th dine for my 10,000 miles.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 7:47 am

Programs: UA Plat, hotel whore
Still no bonus miles

I just finally contacted them today asking where the bonus miles are.

My account clearly shows 10 dines in late July through the end of August, but the bonus has not arrived.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by golfingboy
IMO, the $40 minimum is a little silly, $10-15 would be more reasonable.
No, because the dining program has to pay UA for the miles... of course they are not going to do it for so little.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 11:59 am

Programs: UA General Member, AA Gold, SPG (Bonvoy) Gold; IHG Plat. Ambassador
Im afraid you might be inquiring a little late. Based on the fine print when I signed up it said you must contact before the end of September to report any issues. Could be wrong but I remember this specifically from my email. Also not sure if the fine print was different based on the offer received 5 for 2.5K or 10 for 10K. YMMV.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 5:03 pm

Programs: many
Originally Posted by alwayssummer
I just finally contacted them today asking where the bonus miles are.

My account clearly shows 10 dines in late July through the end of August, but the bonus has not arrived.
"To earn rewards through this bonus, you must register then dine 10 times at participating restaurants, bars or clubs with each dine worth at least $40 between June 30, 2014 and August 15, 2014. Please note that all dines must occur during a valid reward period and be paid for with a credit or debit card registered with MileagePlus Dining You may earn this bonus only once. Offer is not combinable with other MileagePlus Dining bonuses. Please allow 4-6 weeks from the date of your qualifying dine for any bonus miles to post to your MileagePlus Dining account. All account inquiries related to this bonus must be received by October 15, 2014. "
Old Oct 19, 2014, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA General Member, AA Gold, SPG (Bonvoy) Gold; IHG Plat. Ambassador
Originally Posted by pcharles
"To earn rewards through this bonus, you must register then dine 10 times at participating restaurants, bars or clubs with each dine worth at least $40 between June 30, 2014 and August 15, 2014. Please note that all dines must occur during a valid reward period and be paid for with a credit or debit card registered with MileagePlus Dining You may earn this bonus only once. Offer is not combinable with other MileagePlus Dining bonuses. Please allow 4-6 weeks from the date of your qualifying dine for any bonus miles to post to your MileagePlus Dining account. All account inquiries related to this bonus must be received by October 15, 2014. "
Thanks for checking that, looks like I was a couple weeks off saying end of Sept, regardless the inquiry period is over. Hope the OP can get the miles credited.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
I had the same problem. My 10,000 miles did not post, so I called mid September. I was assured that I qualified and miles would post in 4-6 weeks.

Well, by today they had not posted, so I called again. They said they had some problem with automatically posting bonus miles for some people that had multiple qualifying dines at the same restaurant for the same dollar amount, as was my case. The system would sometime issue the bonus miles, sometimes not. When it does;t, as in my case, they would post manually. I was told that now it will take up to 7-10 business days to post the miles they will put through manually.

Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 1:30 am

Question re. 2,000 Bonus UA Miles for MileagePlus Dining Promo

Hello everyone,

I hope this is the right forum to post this.

I received an email offer recently fot 2,000 United Miles simply for registering a new account with MilagePlus Dining before January 30, 2015, spending a minimum of $30 dining out at any participating restaurant, and posting a review or taking part in a short survey within 30 days of doing so.

This evening my wife and I went out of our way to eat at a restaurant we otherwise would not have chosen, just to take advantage of the bonus miles. Most of the qualifying restaurants within our vicinity happened to be prosaic family chains and the kind of colorless, undistinguished run-of-the-mill places we would normally avoid. The offer seemed like a good deal nonetheless and we ended up spending well above the minimum for a pretty forgettable meal this evening. I would like to ensure that we get the 2K bonus miles for this "sacrifice".

Now I'm unsure what to do next. I cannot seem to find the short survey that was mentioned in the promotional email offer, nor can I figure out where I'm supposed to post my review. Has anybody taken advantage of this offe ryet and if so, could you please explain the process and how to proceed?

I'm also wondering if the same credit card can be registered to two accounts in order to take advantage of the offer? It's technically cheating but if I were to register my wife's card to my account, could I post separate reviews to earn 2,000 points in each account?

Thanks.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
It usually takes 3 or 4 days for the survey email to arrive and a little longer for the miles. The trouble with MP Dining is that, apart from some very new restaurants, most of them are either chains or using the lure of miles in desperation.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 6:28 am

Programs: 1k
There are some decent restaurants near me so I do take advantage.

As far as your CC. It will be tracked by the card you use for the meal so having 2 cards will not help you double up. But if you each spent $30 and split the bill with seperate cards that would probably work.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by Asiatraveler15
There are some decent restaurants near me so I do take advantage.

As far as your CC. It will be tracked by the card you use for the meal so having 2 cards will not help you double up. But if you each spent $30 and split the bill with seperate cards that would probably work.
We should have done this last night! I only thought of it afterwards.

I'm pretty sure we've registered the same card to both of our accounts though.

Anyhow, do I need to request the survey to be sent somehow or it will just automatically show up? I registered a week ago and have yet to receive anything.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
It usually takes 3 or 4 days for the survey email to arrive and a little longer for the miles. The trouble with MP Dining is that, apart from some very new restaurants, most of them are either chains or using the lure of miles in desperation.
Thank you! Do you have to do anything to get the survey sent or is it automatic? It's been more than 3-4 days since I registered my account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.