Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Glass found in the ice cream, so no sundaes in Business. [Some Back: 2 June 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Glass found in the ice cream, so no sundaes in Business. [Some Back: 2 June 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2017, 5:16 pm

I know Delta also offers sundaes..why not copy whatever they do to not have glass shards..
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:54 pm

I would gladly accept those delicious oven/microwaved chocolate chip cookies over ice cream
Old May 2, 2017, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA GS
In the last three weeks, I haven't had the sundae for the last two flights to/ from SFO to FRA and LHR. They seemed to think it's a temporary thing but don't know why they don't have it. Hoping they get this back soon.
Old May 2, 2017, 10:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BrianSF
In the last three weeks, I haven't had the sundae for the last two flights to/ from SFO to FRA and LHR. They seemed to think it's a temporary thing but don't know why they don't have it. Hoping they get this back soon.
The glass was breaking from being too cold with the dry ice. Assuming it's on hold until they source new ice cream bowls.
Old May 5, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
UA895 ORD-HKG, in F: mango sorbet. Still no sundae.
Old May 5, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
HNL-SFO in F - Dave's vanilla ice cream served in a paper cup. Was actually quite tasty, and went well with an after-lunch liquor.
Old May 5, 2017, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by wxguy
UA895 ORD-HKG, in F: mango sorbet. Still no sundae.
i.e. same as a domestic flight

Originally Posted by transportprof
HNL-SFO in F - Dave's vanilla ice cream served in a paper cup. Was actually quite tasty, and went well with an after-lunch liquor.
Ahhhh like the old CO Hawai'i flights with printed menus and barcaloungers. Those were the days.
Old May 5, 2017, 4:39 pm

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
Why not just serve the sundaes in paper instead of glass?
Old May 5, 2017, 5:09 pm

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
i.e. same as a domestic flight

Ahhhh like the old CO Hawai'i flights with printed menus and barcaloungers. Those were the days.
I flew PS the other day and was surprised by the cheapness of it all. Cheapo Sorbet, what you would find in Y on an international flight (on a quality Airline ).

Anyone paying money for their flight, as I did, will think United is a cheap-low class airline for serving such a cheap-o dessert.
Old May 5, 2017, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA/CO GS, PP, MM
Originally Posted by spin88
I flew PS the other day and was surprised by the cheapness of it all. Cheapo Sorbet, what you would find in Y on an international flight (on a quality Airline ).

Anyone paying money for their flight, as I did, will think United is a cheap-low class airline for serving such a cheap-o dessert.
Yup. I've done PS and Polaris and had this lousy cheap sorbet and ice cream. Frozen hard like a hockey puck Inedible. Complete garbage. Very disappointing.
Old May 5, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by transportprof
We used to live up the hill from Daves. We are visiting this July and that was the first place my wife asked if I remember how to find......
Old May 5, 2017, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
what happened to the old bowl/cups? did they throw them all away?
Old May 5, 2017, 11:37 pm

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by Eadward
Yup. I've done PS and Polaris and had this lousy cheap sorbet and ice cream. Frozen hard like a hockey puck Inedible. Complete garbage. Very disappointing.
It is so United, they are rolling out this new "Polaris service is great" campaign and desert, which is a key point in the customer experience is just crap. I get better ice cream in Y on ANA, JAL, or a host of foreign carriers.

I get they have a problem with the bowls. But they needed to get creative fast, not serve coach deserts.

This is NOT going to leave a sweet taste in the mouths of customers trying/re-trying United's new "Polaris" service....
Old May 5, 2017, 11:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by spin88
It is so United, they are rolling out this new "Polaris service is great" campaign and desert, which is a key point in the customer experience is just crap. I get better ice cream in Y on ANA, JAL, or a host of foreign carriers.

I get they have a problem with the bowls. But they needed to get creative fast, not serve coach deserts.

This is NOT going to leave a sweet taste in the mouths of customers trying/re-trying United's new "Polaris" service....
And you have other regular Polaris fliers who don't care about the sundae and love the desert tower so there's a portion of people who aren't really bothered in the interim.
Old May 5, 2017, 11:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K
ORD - PVG today
Polaris Business
Attached Images  

Last edited by roxie; May 6, 2017 at 12:38 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.