Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

So how does UA win back the flying public? (Beyond the obvious)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So how does UA win back the flying public? (Beyond the obvious)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by MahiMahi524
Apparently United ads were pulled completely out of the Tribeca Film Festival after audience laughter was causing disruptions in multiple screenings.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ram...estival-997070
Very interesting example of how bad the brand damage is. If I was United, I would be very worried, and would pull all advertising until I can due my April 30 big reveal.... Typical crisis management folks will have a business pull advertising, I wonder if UA has engaged anyone or has any idea of how to handle these type of issues.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by spin88
Very interesting example of how bad the brand damage is. If I was United, I would be very worried, and would pull all advertising until I can due my April 30 big reveal.... Typical crisis management folks will have a business pull advertising, I wonder if UA has engaged anyone or has any idea of how to handle these type of issues.
Agree wholeheartedly.

On another interesting note, I caught a snippet of an interview with John Kasich on one of the morning shows. He referenced "the United thing" as an example of how people don't feel connected to each other.

While I am not sure it is an apt analogy for his purpose, it does show the "legs" of this. If it becomes a part of the everyday lexicon, it will cement United as the epitome of callous and unreasonable corporate actions.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: United Million Mile Flyer, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold, DL, AA WN
United could re-invent customer service - even if it is expensive.

United could re-invent Mileage Plus to do what it was intended to do: reward loyalty - and not just to those who are able to spend big money for services.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Originally Posted by Karl-MDW
United could re-invent customer service - even if it is expensive.

United could re-invent Mileage Plus to do what it was intended to do: reward loyalty - and not just to those who are able to spend big money for services.
Yep..

Ok, this is not a business plan.. some of these may end up being pie in the sky:
1) be an airline, not a credit card reward company.
2) Keep going with UC improvements. Visiting ORD B6 is a genuine pleasure now.
2 b): Put showers in at several key locations that receives long haul traffic.. I was horrified when I found out my wife could not use *G lounge in LAX after SYD-LAX (we were party of three in Polaris, so I could only guest my daughter)
3) Overbooking is not going away.. But there should be much more training of dealing with the situation and United needs to empower gate agents to make things right...

Actually this is it..

Train and empower staff, especially gate agents to make things right when a passenger had been inconvenienced at the fault of United

United has made some positive steps lately, drinks in economy on TATL is one.. Food and drink in any flight for 1K.

OH.. and I would love to see them rewind the latest increase in milage costs for premium cabins.. Or drastically improve the availability of savers.

OR

How about dropping W requirement for GPU (we can dream?)
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:01 am

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott/SPG Platinum
My top 4:
1) Provision to waive the $12,000 spend requirement to make Premier 1K status
2) Rollover PQMs
3) Broader mileage upgrade co-pay exemptions
4) Open up hard product Biz Polaris saver awards

Last edited by Points Fitness; Apr 26, 2017 at 9:06 am
Old Apr 26, 2017, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Points Fitness
My top 4:
2) Rollover PQMs
Because that's really what the upset masses (= the flying public from the subject of this thread) watching TV and FB "news" care about?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Points Fitness
My top 4:
2) Rollover PQMs
Bwahahaha.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Because that's really what the upset masses (= the flying public from the subject of this thread) watching TV and FB "news" care about?
i know i know...still, MY top 4 Though of course, won't be holding my breath.. I just counted myself as part of the 'public' maybe I'm not. But if I were UA, i'd focus on loyals. The masses will come ago with fare prices for the most part. I guess yea, wrong thread... my bad
Old Apr 26, 2017, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by AAExPlat
Bwahahaha.
It's a tough living for non-freq biz travelers here... Nothing wrong with wishing.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by Madone59
I'm late to the thread but completely agree with this sentiment. It is the fortunate or unfortunate (depending what side you are on) truth of the world we live in.
So, here we are, four weeks on, has the story gone away?

Not as such ...

Originally Posted by bearkatt
just back from a rt from iah-lhr using points. coach going over and business first back. going over the meal choices were pasta or chicken. I took the chicken. turned out to be an indian meal. since when did UA start serving indian food on iah-lhr? worst meal ever on UA. food coming back wasn't that great either.
If you're flying into LHR, it might well have been Chicken Tikka Masala - a British dish

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 27, 2017 at 2:54 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member -- please use multi-quote

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.