Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Oscar Munoz PR Week's Communicator of the Year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oscar Munoz PR Week's Communicator of the Year

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BearX220
The people who give out this award have conceded in the press that they wouldn't pick Munoz if they were choosing a recipient now.
Yeah, they too have received backlash here. They did write a nice response to the whole situation.

http://www.prweek.com/article/143034...s-needs-better
Old Apr 12, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
Until the horrific incident this week Munoz was indeed well-regarded by employees and passengers alike for his plainspoken candor, caring attitude, and low-key manner. I get that it's fun to pile on after something bad happens and pretend we saw it all along, but the timeline doesn't support this bluster about how "pathetic" and "disgusting" he is personally.
I find this interesting. How can you speak of him having a "caring attitude" with a picture of a passenger with a bloodied face being dragged off a plane, and a flight delayed as the blood is cleaned from the plane so passengers might re board, while this "caring attitude" CEO is saying it was the passengers fault and the UA staff followed procedure. If that bloodied face belong to your loved one would you say the CEO was a person of a caring attitude? I would not.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:28 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador
Lol
No oscar you are not a great communicator!
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by Lani1
Lol
No oscar you are not a great communicator!
Oh he was. He just (inadvertently) communicated the true feelings of his shareholders, who bid up the price of UAL on the first day!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.