Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Red eye connection in IAD - suggestions for a shower

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Red eye connection in IAD - suggestions for a shower

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2017, 1:32 am

How long has the TK lounge been there? I don't connect in IAD often, but last time, a few years ago, I couldn't find a lounge to use early in the morning because LH wasn't open yet. Did I just miss it, or is it new?
Old Apr 9, 2017, 1:52 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by deskover54
How long has the TK lounge been there? ...
About 6 months, close to the LH lounge in Terminal B

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ad-lounge.html
Old Apr 9, 2017, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K; Marriott Plat (LT Silver); Hyatt Globalist; Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
It take me 15 minutes door to door from the C17 UA club to TK walking very briskly and taking the train and I know where I'm going.
QQ - assuming I land at C, would i need to go back to the main terminal and take the train to B or can i take the train from C to A and walk from A to B?
Old Apr 9, 2017, 7:38 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by Lani1
If all else fails , Marriott IAD offers a $100 day pass to use room and shower
Don't even consider this. There is no possible way you could make it to the Marriott, check in and take a shower and then make it back in time for your flight.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DC_infrequentflyer
QQ - assuming I land at C, would i need to go back to the main terminal and take the train to B or can i take the train from C to A and walk from A to B?
You can walk from A to B, but I believe it would be slightly faster to stay on the train through the main terminal and alight at B to walk.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 7:53 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
TK is perfect.

If you have Priority Pass, the BA lounge opens at 7am and has a nice shower.
Have also used BA lounge through PP, it is lovely and has great shower. TK lounge also decent shower.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by DC_infrequentflyer
The fastest was is to take the train from C, stay on it as it goes directly to B (it's just one big loop) once your off the train take the escalators all the way to the top and make a right hand turn and walk towards the direction of the A gates (LH) is right there on the left (if there open they have good showers as well, several too) If not, just keep on walking towards the A gates and TK is just down the Terminal on the same side as LH and right past the Wendys (just use the reverse to get back to the C gates..) I find this route to be the fastest. Good luck and hopefully your inbound will be a little early giving you a better cushion on the time..
Old Apr 9, 2017, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Agree, take the train from C to B. 2 hours is not enough time to go to the Marriott. You can't walk there. That said, none of those lounges has more than one or two showers, so you will run the risk that there will be a waiting list to use them. I lost the opportunity to take a shower during a 2:20 connection last week at another airport just because of a long waiting list. They called me just as I needed to go to the gate.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by Artpen100
Agree, take the train from C to B. 2 hours is not enough time to go to the Marriott. You can't walk there. That said, none of those lounges has more than one or two showers, so you will run the risk that there will be a waiting list to use them. I lost the opportunity to take a shower during a 2:20 connection last week at another airport just because of a long waiting list. They called me just as I needed to go to the gate.
Sometimes if there's a wait, let them know you have a tight connection. I ran into Polaris in ORD asking for a shower, she said there was a small line. I said do you think I'll make it, I have 10 mins before boarding starts. She said not likely. There was only 1 person ahead of me and she overheard and said she had a few hours so I could go in front of her and the shower had just opened up. It was such a nice gesture. I hope I can do that for someone else. So you never know who will overhear you if you mention your tight connection. If I'm on the list ahead of you and have the time, I'll gladly let you go first.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 5:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K; Marriott Plat (LT Silver); Hyatt Globalist; Avis Pres Club
On my outbound to SEA today, will post back on Thursday AM on how it went! Appreciate all the help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.