Wiki Posts
Search

Ground transport LAX-SAN?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2017, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Ground transport LAX-SAN?

It is been ages since I've flown UA (longtime 1K who swore off UA after the merger), but find myself booked in F tonight to SAN and will misconnect in LAX due to a late UA flight. I've already had the agents document my record supporting the fact the delay is not weather based to hopefully smooth over getting a hotel voucher at LAX.

My question, though, is whether anyone has had any recent luck getting LAX to approve a ground transport voucher to SAN in lieu of a hotel? Even if they only covered a portion of the ride I'm tempted to do that rather than hole up in a hotel for ~3 hours. Hell, I'll probably do it regardless but would prefer if UA defrayed the cost
Old Mar 21, 2017, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
If you Uber and send UA the receipt with an explanation, they'll probably give you a travel voucher for about the same.

I just did this when UA destroyed my LAX connection at Christmas for the second year in a row (first year I took the hotel & airbus the next day).
Old Mar 21, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
UA gave me a $300 travel voucher for a $270 one way rental for SFO-MRY when NRT-SFO was late. I did it all on my own, sent an email actually just asking for the $ back for that flight leg but was greeted with a call from UA saying to send the receipt for the rental and they would take care of it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.