FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   No E+ Aisle or Window at T-24; Ten minutes before plenty available (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1829556-no-e-aisle-window-t-24-ten-minutes-before-plenty-available.html)

gradsflyer Mar 14, 2017 9:03 pm

No E+ Aisle or Window at T-24; Ten minutes before plenty available

For the first time I can ever remember can't get an E+ window or aisle at T-24 tomorrow on UA218 from HNL to ORD. Ten minutes before check-in there were two windows and three aisles and then they all disappeared instantly before I could nab one. In many years as a silver never had this happen before, especially on something as large as a 772. Doesn't look like anything will open up with people getting upgraded either with first booked full. Any suggestions? Should I just keep checking often till tomorrow?

boycruz Mar 14, 2017 9:28 pm

probably people rebooked from east coast storm

DenverBrian Mar 14, 2017 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by gradsflyer (Post 28038496)
For the first time I can ever remember can't get an E+ window or aisle at T-24 tomorrow on UA218 from HNL to ORD. Ten minutes before check-in there were two windows and three aisles and then they all disappeared instantly before I could nab one. In many years as a silver never had this happen before, especially on something as large as a 772. Doesn't look like anything will open up with people getting upgraded either with first booked full. Any suggestions? Should I just keep checking often till tomorrow?

You should just keep checking often until tomorrow, as close to boarding as the app will let you. You'd be amazed how E+ windows and aisles will suddenly pop up.

And, look at the bright side: As a Silver, you'll be at least #72 on the upgrade list. :D :D :D

VA1379 Mar 14, 2017 9:54 pm

Actually some flights require gold to be #72 on the upgrade list.

gradsflyer Mar 14, 2017 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by DenverBrian (Post 28038608)
And, look at the bright side: As a Silver, you'll be at least #72 on the upgrade list. :D :D :D

I've actually gotten a CPU as a silver a few times over the years between HNL and LAX and on an a round trip between HNL and DEN a few years ago when the route still had CPUs and they were flying the old three class international config 772 on the route.

QBK Mar 14, 2017 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by gradsflyer (Post 28038712)
I've actually gotten a CPU as a silver a few times over the years between HNL and LAX and on an a round trip between HNL and DEN a few years ago when the route still had CPUs and they were flying the old three class international config 772 on the route.

Shoot, I was on an E-175 flight last week (ABQ-IAH) that went out 2/12 in F. One of those was a last-minute SDC, and the other one was me. So, yeah, there are still flights where Silvers get upgrades!

morelegroom Mar 15, 2017 5:59 am

Originally Posted by VA1379 (Post 28038618)
Actually some flights require gold to be #72 on the upgrade list.

I'm platinum and Ive been #72 on the upgrade list. :rolleyes:
All Friday afternoon flights out of WAS are loaded with high United status flyers.

steaminer Mar 15, 2017 8:43 am

5 seats can get grabbed up pretty quickly

Kacee Mar 15, 2017 9:23 am

Originally Posted by boycruz (Post 28038553)
probably people rebooked from east coast storm

The explanation is usually something like this when a whole bunch of seats disappear at once.

gradsflyer Mar 15, 2017 12:34 pm

Still nothing available the several times I've checked this morning. I managed to get 17D at check-in, so only just one in from the aisle. Maybe I'll get lucky and be boxed in by the same party who wants to switch seats.

UA218 still seems to have operated all days during the storm, so not sure why today's would be overflowed with re-bookings; unless some people figured why not take advantage of the waiver to extend their stay in HNL, which I guess actually makes sense but since I live here means nothing to me.

aisleorwindow Mar 15, 2017 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by gradsflyer (Post 28041280)
Still nothing available the several times I've checked this morning. I managed to get 17D at check-in, so only just one in from the aisle. Maybe I'll get lucky and be boxed in by the same party who wants to switch seats.

UA218 still seems to have operated all days during the storm, so not sure why today's would be overflowed with re-bookings; unless some people figured why not take advantage of the waiver to extend their stay in HNL, which I guess actually makes sense but since I live here means nothing to me.

Could be that, but most likely because they were connecting in ORD to points East that were affected by the storm.

FC ORD Mar 15, 2017 3:09 pm

I was on the HNL-ORD flight two weeks ago and literally changed seats while in line less than 5 minutes before boarding. My general experience is that the app does not usually allow changes that close to boarding. So keep trying as long as the app lets you.