Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

"p.s." Service to Debut BOS<>SFO in June [Announced starting 1 July 2017]]

"p.s." Service to Debut BOS<>SFO in June [Announced starting 1 July 2017]]

Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I just checked a random date in November - still has p.s. flights and all 752/HD 772 loaded in.

LAX-BOS still gets no love...
Please, on UA, what route gets any love? Even if you score Polaris on a 777-300er you will still be at the mercy of UA's horrible cabin crews.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Just checked my SFO-BOS-SFO leaving June 11 is now PS service. Shows F to be pretty wide open so hope my RPU gets taken but won't hold my breath.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 3:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nomad420
Just checked my SFO-BOS-SFO leaving June 11 is now PS service. Shows F to be pretty wide open so hope my RPU gets taken but won't hold my breath.
DL offers DeltaOne on this route now as well.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by fly747first
DL offers DeltaOne on this route now as well.
With UA starting all lie-flat service here, though, and with more frequency, they should own DL. Of course, track record over the past several years has been spotty, to put it kindly...
Old Apr 22, 2017, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
They are using the moniker "ps service" on your itinerary?

A quick check of the ps page of their website still lists it as only LAX/SFO<->EWR
Old Apr 22, 2017, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by goodeats21

A quick check of the ps page of their website still lists it as only LAX/SFO<->EWR
I have a bunch of BOS<>SFO trips booked, and none of them say "p.s.," just United First.

These are rumored to NOT be CPU eligible -- does anyone have a coach itinerary with the "CPU Eligible" note?
Old Apr 23, 2017, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by wxguy
I have a bunch of BOS<>SFO trips booked, and none of them say "p.s.," just United First.

These are rumored to NOT be CPU eligible -- does anyone have a coach itinerary with the "CPU Eligible" note?
it won't change until this officially becomes p.s. service. It is quite surprising to see all the planes loaded and the increased capacity as well for such a long time ... and no announcement. Delta announced it a while ago. Wondering what is going on here. Strange. Hope they don't pull this last minute; need to book travel and want to know if I can safely book SFO-BOS or need SFO-EWR-BOS.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by goodeats21

Just checked and NO there is no moniker or statement on my itinerary which states PS service. However, I also called and was told by the 1K agent that it is indeed now PS service (Remember I booked this trip months ago). It looks like 6/8 is the transition date for PS service on that route as others stated above. I fly SFO-BOS-SFO 5/28 and no PS service listed and this was also confirmed by agent.
Let's see if they take my RPUs on these trips, as stated F looks wide open at least on the returns by no R space listed obviously.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
However, I also called and was told by the 1K agent that it is indeed now PS service (Remember I booked this trip months ago).
Meaningless.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 11:26 am
Suspended

With UA starting all lie-flat service here, though, and with more frequency, they should own DL. Of course, track record over the past several years has been spotty, to put it kindly...
Please, when was the last time UA defeated DL at anything?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 11:46 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
My bet is that United won't use ps for service on this route. They will probably use something like "Polaris Premium Transcontinental", which will be announced in early June.
Happy travel.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fly747first
Please, when was the last time UA defeated DL at anything?
Passenger ejection
Old Apr 30, 2017, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
I recently chatted with the UA source who correctly provided the info in the first post of this thread. Additional word is that lounge access WILL be available to all F pax, and so the UA Club in BOS will have about 40 additional seats added through reconfiguration. And no CPUs will be available.

It's not known if this will be branded as p.s. or another moniker, but it will have similar attributes/benefits to the current p.s.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by wxguy
I recently chatted with the UA source who correctly provided the info in the first post of this thread. Additional word is that lounge access WILL be available to all F pax, and so the UA Club in BOS will have about 40 additional seats added through reconfiguration. And no CPUs will be available.

It's not known if this will be branded as p.s. or another moniker, but it will have similar attributes/benefits to the current p.s.
Still surprised they have not announced this formally.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Still surprised they have not announced this formally.
Maybe they are waiting to figure out whether to continue branding p.s. or do some kind of Polaris tie-in. In which case it is not that surprising it's not yet been annunced.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.