Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Help getting United to stop using my email address for testing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2017, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5-star, Marriott Gold

Okay, I've got an annoying but not serious issue. A few weeks ago I reported to United that I was unable to book a ticket using one of my email addresses (it has a .solutions top level domain). It looks like they're working on fixing the problem because I keep getting confirmation emails for a passenger "TEST TESTING". I'm glad they're working on the issue, but I don't need those emails (unless they want to give me the miles for those flights). I've tried emailing them again, but have gotten no response. Anyone have any ideas on how to get this to stop?

Thanks!
Old Feb 27, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Does your email program have an adaptive spam filter? That's the easiest way to avoid seeing such emails, by a long shot.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5-star, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by transportprof
Does your email program have an adaptive spam filter? That's the easiest way to avoid seeing such emails, by a long shot.
It does, but I don't want to miss United emails that I do need (which is always a risk). It's actually more funny than annoying.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF Bronze, VA Red
Print them all and drop them on a customer service agent's desk at the airport.

Perhaps try logging into ua.com with the ANR and name changing the reservation if it's there - cheap flight!
Old Mar 14, 2017, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM, AA P 2MM, DL PM, US P, VS G, SPG LT P, HH D, HYATT P, PC P, AVIS PC, HERTZ PLAT
If I was getting email like that, I'd setup a filter and be ecstatic that they were actually fixing the problem.

Consider them to be "progress updates". When they stop coming they likely have fixed the issue.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 7:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by bdraco
When they stop coming they likely have fixed the issue.
This is United. It'll mean it's broken beyond repair.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.