Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Is sleeping allowed at any United {Club} lounges?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 26, 2017, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
From UC T&Cs
Sleeping is prohibited in all United Club locations.
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
The Polaris Lounge at ORD and SFO each have four sleeping cubicles (near the restroom at ORD, near the showers at SFO). Feel free to nod off there.

The GFL at LHR has a section with around a half-dozen lie-flattish platform where you can doze too. Not really too private.
Note: Most/All of the Polaris lounges have a sleeping / day bed area
Print Wikipost

Is sleeping allowed at any United {Club} lounges?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by chavala
I'm amazed every time I go into an Admiral's Club how many people have their feet on the tables and nobody seems to care. Really glad UC enforces this -- although reports of not being able to close your eyes seem a bit extreme.
They do not prohibit closed eyes do they? They prohibit sleeping. I think meditation would not be an issue if done with respect to other passengers. So tell them you are meditating.

But if someone is lying on the floor or has feet up on furniture, I have no issue with giving them a hard time.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
you'd think we wouldn't have to tell people not to put your feet up on the tables.

but here we are.

#respectthetable #respectthebulkhead
Old Jan 8, 2017, 11:51 am
Suspended

Programs: SkyMiles, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards, Global Entry
Telling people to keep their feet off of furniture is one thing, telling people to stay awake is a complete other extreme.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe they are getting the passengers trained for better furniture

It is pretty shocking to see what people do in lounges - from talking on the speakerphone to watching videos without a headset to moving furniture around putting feet on the table to being naked in the bathroom. I am glad they are doing something about it.

Now if only the FAs can also do the same thing to have people to silent their devices/use headset and not hang their feet in the seatback pocket or the armrest of the row in front...
Old Jan 8, 2017, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA GS/MM, MR PPE/LTG, ‎TSA Pre✓, NEXUS, APEC BTC, UKBF RT, CLEAR, DXB E-GATE
Would have asked to see the no sleeping rule personally. All these fictitious rules keep getting compiled. The feet on the furniture is understandable, I've seen PAX crashed at the ORD, IAH, SFO, DEN UCs several times, and in some instances with their feet on the furniture. All you have to do is go to the 2nd floor UC in E @ IAH, people are crashed out all over.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 1:01 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by IAHFlyBoi
Would have asked to see the no sleeping rule personally. All these fictitious rules keep getting compiled. ...
such as
During your visit to a United Club location, we ask that your attire and conduct are consistent with a professional environment.
Sleeping is prohibited in all United Club locations.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 1:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by username
It is pretty shocking to see what people do in lounges - from talking on the speakerphone to watching videos without a headset...
Not just in the lounges. People also do this on the plane (and on the subway, and on the bus, ...).
Old Jan 8, 2017, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Not just in the lounges. People also do this on the plane (and on the subway, and on the bus, ...).
Lets face it, certain people just don't care about anybody but themselves and will do what they want. And when called out on it complain the loudest that they are being singled out.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Baze
Lets face it, certain people just don't care about anybody but themselves and will do what they want. And when called out on it complain the loudest that they are being singled out.
Last time I was in AMS there were 2 guys from the US on the metro with their on the wall in front of them. A conductor walked by and asked if they did that at home and basically read them the riot act. I thought it was great.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by blueman2
...so tell them you are meditating.
Good point. How can they PROVE you are sleeping?

Last edited by chavala; Jan 9, 2017 at 1:47 pm Reason: sp
Old Jan 9, 2017, 1:52 pm

I try not to be one of those rude people with my feet everywhere but I think there's a distinction between foot on the edge of a table on an empty lounge versus pulling another seat over so you can stick your size 13 shoes all over the seat cushion.

I mean yeah, we all understand putting our feet anywhere other than the ground is bad manners, but I think there's varying degrees of how bad it looks. With that said I don't have a problem with UC staff enforcing that.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Record your snoring?

I think the no sleeping rule is going too far. If someone is sitting upright taking a catnap and not bothering anyone, I think it should be allowed. But I suppose you have to have a simple, enforceable rule rather than have 50 very specific ones....Rule #1: No Snoring! etc...
Old Jan 9, 2017, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JBord
Rule #1: No Snoring! etc...
Wish i could have that rule at my house ; )
Old Jan 9, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, PC RA, HH Gold
Originally Posted by blueman2
...So tell them you are meditating.
Tell them you are praying.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Shouldn't be that difficult:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.