Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Is sleeping allowed at any United {Club} lounges?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 26, 2017, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
From UC T&Cs
Sleeping is prohibited in all United Club locations.
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
The Polaris Lounge at ORD and SFO each have four sleeping cubicles (near the restroom at ORD, near the showers at SFO). Feel free to nod off there.

The GFL at LHR has a section with around a half-dozen lie-flattish platform where you can doze too. Not really too private.
Note: Most/All of the Polaris lounges have a sleeping / day bed area
Print Wikipost

Is sleeping allowed at any United {Club} lounges?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 3:54 pm

Programs: RA, UA MM 1k, AA EXP, Marriott LTP, Hyatt Plat, SPG100
Originally Posted by SunLover
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
Question: Are there facilities for good, quality sleep in that lounge? Do they have cushy recliner chairs in a quiet area? My friend tells me he can sleep in a recliner chair, if the environment is quiet and restful.
At the risk of opening up an old debate: Sleeping is prohibited in all United Club locations.

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...nge/rules.aspx

SunLover
Wow. I had no idea. I've slept in many UCs without issue. In fact, at CLE club they've offered to wake me for very delayed flight. I'll be more mindful in the future.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 24, 2015 at 11:21 pm Reason: repaired quote
Old Apr 24, 2015, 4:20 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I think it would be easier to sleep on the floor of the connecting corridor between T6 and T7 than it would in the UC these days. I've seen people curled up on the carpeted ledge of this connecting corridor snoozing away in the past.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 4:30 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
This is a long way of agreeing with those who told the OP's friend to "get a room".

Even if sleeping were allowed in the UCs, as has been posted often upthread, the main T7 UC is under construction for quite awhile. Its previously quieter areas are gone and barricaded off into off-limits construction zones. This has created more noise/density in what smaller areas remain. After mid/late May, some construction areas will be finished but the completion of the new club won't be until late 2016.

Yesterday, the "upstairs" UC (near Gate 75) was filled to the gills because of one delayed LHR flight. I went back to the 70A main UC club which was "luxury" in comparison to the satellite club upstairs. The plan now is for the "75" upstairs club to remain open until the "new" "70" club is completed.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Apr 24, 2015 at 4:45 pm Reason: correct typo.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Thanks all for the comments.

The guy is actually lives near Los Angeles, and I live nearby. We are friends.

He has an appointment in Santa Monica about 10 hours before the red-eye flight and was looking for options that would allow him to get a really good nap before the flight. I suggested the United lounge as an option, and told him I'd ask here about sleep potential there. Apparently the answer is "None".

We all really like the Daily Grill restaurant in the Westin, so have pretty much settled on that for their time pre-flight. Before going to LAX, we plan to go and see the space shuttle Endeavor in the California Science Center at USC.

I haven't flown on United for years, and have never visited the LAX United lounge. Doesn't sound like I'm missing much. Other than that, I pretty much know my way around LAX. I've been here 40 years.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:12 pm
Suspended

Where does he live that it isn't worth driving home to sleep with 10 hours to spare???
Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Kacee
T4 now connects to T7 airside.
Really? We were there a month ago and were told it couldn't be done.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by NewportGuy
Where does he live that it isn't worth driving home to sleep with 10 hours to spare???
Santa Clarita.

It's a long story. There's a wedding (his own) in the mix of plans. I'm the "Best Woman".
Old Apr 24, 2015, 8:06 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Tunnel from T4 to T6
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
I've got a solid 7 hours to kill at LAX, and was planning on hanging out in the lounge...but it sounds like a nightmare!
Any word on the renovations, and if it's a good place to hang out and do some work?

If not, I might rent a car and go enjoy some nice weather for a while...thoughts?
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:21 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bsdstone
I've got a solid 7 hours to kill at LAX, and was planning on hanging out in the lounge...but it sounds like a nightmare!
Any word on the renovations, and if it's a good place to hang out and do some work?

If not, I might rent a car and go enjoy some nice weather for a while...thoughts?
Head for the *A lounge in TBIT. It's easy to enjoy seven hours there.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 12:33 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Venice, Manhattan, Santa Monica are all close and fun . . . great way to kill a few hours. The hassle is off site car rental and the long shuttle ride. If you do rent, rent from National so you don't have to stand in line to get your car . . . .

Originally Posted by transportprof
Head for the *A lounge in TBIT. It's easy to enjoy seven hours there.
Best *A lounge in the US. Although I'd still consider the beach.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 1:12 am

Programs: UA SP, DL SM MM, AS 75K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond.
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I don't know why they told you that, unless they took you literally with the T7, which indeed isn't connected and most likely never will be. But T6 is connected, and has been for a while, on September 8th, I connected (weird to connect at my home airport, but I did) from a usAA operated flight inbound at T6 to a AA operated flight from T4 and walked the tunnel from T4 to T6.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 1:15 am

Programs: UA SP, DL SM MM, AS 75K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond.

Nice weather? Compared to some places, but we are actually having "winter" now, barely 60 degrees for a high
Old Dec 16, 2015, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Venice, Manhattan, Santa Monica are all close and fun . . . great way to kill a few hours. The hassle is off site car rental and the long shuttle ride. If you do rent, rent from National so you don't have to stand in line to get your car . . . .

Best *A lounge in the US. Although I'd still consider the beach.
Can I get in this losing using a united club pass? I have a one day pass from my cc.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 6:54 am

Can I get in this using a united club pass? I have a one day pass from my cc.
No. But your profile says UA Gold and *G will get you in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.