FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Consolidated "Waitlist for Award Seats Questions/Issues [ARCHIVE] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1824345-consolidated-waitlist-award-seats-questions-issues-archive.html)

UA-NYC Mar 18, 2012 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski (Post 18223212)
Please forgive what might be a basic question. I checked the glossary and Googled it without success.
What is “n/s”?
Thanks.

nonstop - I have a bunch of connecting C flights on OALs, but will subject myself to the 757 TATL to skip a connection. Might regret it coming from BCN though!

Dr Jabadski Mar 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Thank you.

sharonsimon Mar 19, 2012 2:34 pm

was able to do a waitlist today

I am not elite, but my award ticket was booked using miles of a UA Silver. Today i was able to get a UA agent (using click to call after long unsuccessful hold times on premier phone line) to do one waitlist per flight on United metal --for the same flight a different day in one direction and for a nonstop (versus my current connecting flight) on the return. Don't know if this would have been allowed if I was trying to waitlist non-UA metal. And the agent would not allow me to be on a waitilist for more than one flight per direction (which UA previously had allowed).

JenGal Mar 26, 2012 4:29 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC (Post 18201006)
The kinds of WL I'm aware of:

1. Booked in a lower cabin on a higher int'l itinerary - WL the higher cabin (be it a short domestic leg or a long int'l one)

This may not be the brightest question, but I've never used my miles on a domestic award. Does the above statement apply to a domestic itinerary?

i.e. Two Segments, only one will confirm into F. Does the other segment - booked in Y - get WL for F? Don't see anything on the intinerary... call in?

UA-NYC Mar 26, 2012 5:53 am

Originally Posted by JenGal (Post 18274306)
This may not be the brightest question, but I've never used my miles on a domestic award. Does the above statement apply to a domestic itinerary?

i.e. Two Segments, only one will confirm into F. Does the other segment - booked in Y - get WL for F? Don't see anything on the intinerary... call in?

Should work the same - and yes, have to call in

sbm12 Mar 26, 2012 7:51 am

Originally Posted by gba (Post 18202438)
For those who say waitlists are allowed, are they permitted on multi-carrier iteneraries? Or just on UA-metal only?

They are permitted on multi-carrier itineraries, but only UA segments can be waitlisted. You cannot waitlist for a partner-operated flight but you can for a UA-operated flight where there are partner segments in the same trip.

exerda Mar 26, 2012 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky (Post 18202672)
The waitlist I need is actually to downgrade. The horror! But presently I'm in Y and my son's in saver F (can you tell who's on the paid ticket and who has the award?). There were no saver seats available in either Y or C, and a standard Y r/t to Europe at 110k miles is too close to a saver F at 137k to make the Y ticket worth considering. Hoping to find a seat in C open up. Of course, he's pretty happy with F... especially since the TATL portion (ORD-FRA) in in seat #1 on a 747.

I'm in the same bucket with one itin; I can find ON inventory but not IN, and though you'd think she'd be happy of the chance for international F, my wife has said she wants to travel in the same cabin as me (C). Given that at the moment the ON on that route is only 10k RDM more one-way than IN, I'm leaning toward booking the F seats for her anyway.

I figure if I book it in saver F, the worst thing is that she asks my seatmate if he/she would like to fly in F instead of C, and they swap seats. :)

thezipper Mar 26, 2012 6:35 pm

so... if i'm going DCA-MEM(US) MEM-IAH(UA) and want to waitlist for the direct DCA_IAH(UA), I can't coz I have "partner flights" in my itin?

One would think UA would rather have me on their metal than that of another they need to "pay"...

bocastephen Mar 26, 2012 11:44 pm

Huh? Having One Partner Segment On Award Ticket Means No Waitlisting UA Segments?

I guess the merger is a joining of each airline's worst policies?

I have an award ticket with UA flights out and OZ flights back. 2 of the UA segments are confirmed in X/coach because F seats are not available at the saverpass level. Fine - at CO I could just waitlist the F seats in the appropriate class and they would clear when available.

Now I'm told because of the OZ segments on the way back, they can't waitlist any UA segments?

I've never heard of such a dimwitted policy. I don't want to waitlist partner flights, I want to waitlist UA flights.

Was this agent correct? Or did I get someone misinformed?

UA-NYC Mar 27, 2012 5:28 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen (Post 18280255)

I have an award ticket with UA flights out and OZ flights back. 2 of the UA segments are confirmed in X/coach because F seats are not available at the saverpass level. Fine - at CO I could just waitlist the F seats in the appropriate class and they would clear when available.

Now I'm told because of the OZ segments on the way back, they can't waitlist any UA segments?

I've never heard of such a dimwitted policy. I don't want to waitlist partner flights, I want to waitlist UA flights.

Was this agent correct? Or did I get someone misinformed?

Bad agent - here are some WL segments I have for upcoming flights:

JFK-ZRH-BCN in LX C - have EWR-BCN on UA C waitlisted
BCN-LIS-EWR in TP C - BCN-EWR on UA C WL'd
HKG-NRT-EWR in NH/UA C - have HKG-EWR on UA C WL'd
Also have domestic F waitlisted on flights where only Y space available on an int'l F ticket

thezipper Mar 27, 2012 5:30 am

Exactly!

... and this after I got the "well I've been an agent for 23 years... and we've never done that ..." speech. Hope my PNR isn't documented

Originally Posted by bocastephen (Post 18280255)

Was this agent correct? Or did I get someone misinformed
?

karenkay Mar 27, 2012 5:38 am

So we can still waitlist, even on an itin with a codeshare (as long as the waitlisted segment is UA)?

That was on thing I liked a lot about PMCO vs PMUA, so I'm hopeful that the agents who have told people 'no' were just misinformed--like the TA at AVL yesterday who told me that as a platinum I qualified for only two free domestic bags. :rolleyes:

This is great news, and flies in the face of what a UA agent told me just before the merger. Guess I'll have to brave the wait and call to get that done.

SirJman Mar 27, 2012 5:44 am

I have a award reservation in J class, and the one UA segment (HKG-SIN) I couldn't get I class, only X class. Do they allow waitlist for the change of class?

UA-NYC Mar 27, 2012 6:16 am

Originally Posted by SirJman (Post 18281070)
I have a award reservation in J class, and the one UA segment (HKG-SIN) I couldn't get I class, only X class. Do they allow waitlist for the change of class?

Yup!

bamboola Mar 31, 2012 11:27 am

Two agents tell me "No"

Originally Posted by SirJman (Post 18281070)

I am in the same situation. According to both agents, the new CO system does NOT allow wait lists. Both told me to check online daily. Very frustrating and waste of time.