Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Remodeled EWR Terminal A United Club opened 12 Feb 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Remodeled EWR Terminal A United Club opened 12 Feb 2017

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2017, 2:05 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Originally Posted by Vulcan
Reminds me a little of Terminal A in IAH
And terminal F at ORD.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Underwhelming and the heat does not work in the lower portion. Agent at the desk bundled up like Nanook of the Frozen North
Old Feb 14, 2017, 10:37 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Vulcan
Reminds me a little of Terminal A in IAH
Originally Posted by bluedemon211
And terminal F at ORD.
Or direct replica of UC in SEA.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 7:52 am

Programs: UA nada, Hyatt Disc, Hilton Gold
Nice to see this one get a facelift, though I do wish they'd just quit operating out of Terminal A entirely. =)
Old Feb 16, 2017, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by SeaRaptor
Nice to see this one get a facelift, though I do wish they'd just quit operating out of Terminal A entirely. =)
With the new United Club and no OTG food operations infecting it, Terminal A is now preferred.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by goodeats21
With the new United Club and no OTG food operations infecting it, Terminal A is now preferred.
Still a Greyhound bus terminal with different types of chairs and a club nearby.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by Kmxu
Still a Greyhound bus terminal with different types of chairs and a club nearby.
That's an insult to Greyhound terminals. Terminal A is an absolute disgrace
Old Feb 16, 2017, 1:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Gold Status, Delta Platinum AMEX, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, SPG Preferred
Looks nice! I don't understand the booths at all. Seems like a random waste of space. The bar area is impressive, not sure why people would complain about it.

Compare that to this United Club in Terminal A at IAH. Seriously, no bathroom? Furniture clearly hasn't been replaced since like 2001.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Sitting in club as I write this. A nice few rows of chairs with ample power located adjacent to the check in desk. A bit more open feel in the back, with increased seating. Food options slightly better than the prior incarnation, though self serve coffee and the soda machine are a major improvement and a nice touch.

All in all, I'm whelmed. Not over, not under. It's a perfectly fine, modern club for short stays.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: -=- UA: GS + 3.9 Million Miler; Hilton: Diamond; Marriott: Gold; Hertz: President's Circle
Nice improvement. However, too bad no Coke Freestyle machine and the configuration of the Men's room is less than ideal.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 3:03 pm

Any word on Terminal C club renovations?
Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:12 pm

Terminal A is a dump but luckily it won't be around too much longer. The PANYNJ allocated $11.6 billion in their most recent 10 year capital budget to the three NYC airports so a new Newark Terminal A should get off the ground shortly.

Here's some of the newest renderings:
https://www.panynj.gov/airports/ewr-...e-gallery.html
Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by JFKflyer26
Terminal A is a dump but luckily it won't be around too much longer. The PANYNJ allocated $11.6 billion in their most recent 10 year capital budget to the three NYC airports so a new Newark Terminal A should get off the ground shortly.

PATH connection? Not in my lifetime
Old Feb 25, 2017, 8:57 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
It looks great. For all of United's faults, I really like their new lounge concept though obviously I wish they'd kept the showers.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by JFKflyer26

I will believe it when I see it. There's no evidence that any kind of construction is underway (as far as I can recall - have not flown out of A2 in a while).

As for no showers - perhaps a bit disappointing, but I would be interested to know how often they were used to begin with, given that these are all UAX flights, not longhaul.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.