Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Working summary (Updated May 2018)

ORD - OPEN near C16, opened Dec 1 2016
SFO - OPEN in previous UC space in International Terminal G, April 30, 2018 (occupies previous UC+ SQ + BR lounge space)
EWR - OPEN old UC near Gate C120, June 4, 2018
IAH - OPEN - E11/E12, top floor of existing UC June 29, 2018
LAX - OPEN 12 January 2019 - Above rotunda near gate 73
IAD - "Under Construction" (2020?) - near C4, existing GFL (GFL converting to UC end of June 2018)
LHR - "Future location" - T2 opposite B46 at existing GFL (still open)
NRT - "Future location" - above existing UC
HKG - "Future location" - above gate 61, existing GFL (still open)

Polaris Progress Tracker 2017.06.26
Originally Posted by UASleeper
United has installed a Polaris Progress Tracker on its webpage, which tracks the progress of aircraft types/routes with Polaris seats and Polaris lounge openings. Here is the link:

http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris...-desktop-4/p/1

Under the "Aircraft" tab, all currently existing routes serviced by the new 773 (SFO-HKG, EWR-TLV and SFO-NRT are listed) are listed as well as (yet to be converted) 763 and 772 types. For the 763 the listed starting date is "Fall 2017." For the 772 the webpage states "Winter 2017," which sounds optimistic to me as it sounds more like 4th quarter of 2017 than the previously announced first quarter of 2018. Zodiac's output of Polaris seats for all three aircraft types must be ultra smooth by now, if United wants to stick with its predictions. Can't wait to see the first converted 763 in mid July...
Original summary
http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris-tracker-mobile/p/2
From [email protected] on 02/27/2017:
Dear XXXXX:
No announcement has been made to let us know when additional United
Polaris lounges will be opening. We are still renovating some of the
locations. Our United Premium Cabin Lounges page on our website will be
updated once the dates are announced. I've included the link for you
below.
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...n-lounges.aspx
This does not preclude any rumors from being true.

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..[
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges[url=http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showwiki.php?t=1769733](wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread
Print Wikipost

Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-202x

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2017, 2:21 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
I spoke to "someone" in EWR at the blue mini-lounge out by 127 the other day whom I believe was in a position to know. This person mentioned that the company has been very forthright with the employees keeping them informed along the way. This person confirmed that the big C2 lounge would be converted to an all Polaris Lounge. Work would be done while its current designation as a UC remained. A new UC lounge would be build "upstairs" over the 127 and to the left gate areas. As we both looked up and saw no work being done there, this person agreed that the timing was "nebulous", and was given no guidance on that.
So it appears that the employees are along for the ride like the rest of us.
Old May 29, 2017, 5:14 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by PaulInTheSky
Just tried GFL, the lady with first initial 'D' flat out refused entry. Back to the United Club it goes, packed. I asked immediately what the status of the Polaris lounge, they are now saying it would be available by the end of the year.

Why am I surprised? Perhaps it's time to write to Customer Care their product is not being delivered in timely manner.

I don't even want to be in this UC at all. May as well just board earlier in the UD 747.
Were you officially entitled to GFL, or just giving it a try hoping for something?
Old May 29, 2017, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Vulcan
I spoke to "someone" in EWR at the blue mini-lounge out by 127 the other day whom I believe was in a position to know. This person mentioned that the company has been very forthright with the employees keeping them informed along the way. This person confirmed that the big C2 lounge would be converted to an all Polaris Lounge. Work would be done while its current designation as a UC remained. A new UC lounge would be build "upstairs" over the 127 and to the left gate areas. As we both looked up and saw no work being done there, this person agreed that the timing was "nebulous", and was given no guidance on that.
So it appears that the employees are along for the ride like the rest of us.
I question how they would swing that given the only structures built for access above C3 are the walkways for international arrivals.

I wish they had figured out a way to make one of the original rumors work - commandeer some office space and turn that into a UC. I do think that, given the volume of international travelers UA has (especially during the TATL evening bank), they need the C120 club for Polaris. But sticking the replacement UC in the far depths of C3 doesn't make a lot of sense - basically hangs folks in C2 out to dry a little bit.
Old May 29, 2017, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I question how they would swing that given the only structures built for access above C3 are the walkways for international arrivals.

I wish they had figured out a way to make one of the original rumors work - commandeer some office space and turn that into a UC. I do think that, given the volume of international travelers UA has (especially during the TATL evening bank), they need the C120 club for Polaris. But sticking the replacement UC in the far depths of C3 doesn't make a lot of sense - basically hangs folks in C2 out to dry a little bit.
They completely eliminated the ORD C concourse club and didn't appear to bat an eye. The distance from ORD B to C perceptually, at least, is similar to that of EWR C2/C3.

Not that I hope they do it, but I wouldn't be surprised.
Old May 29, 2017, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, VA G
Talked with the SQ Lounge manager at SFO on Sat on my way through
She said that they are talking about making the EVA/SQ lounge (entire lower floor) into a generic * Alliance lounge with the polaris lounge being upstairs
She said that SQ would not allow it to go forward until the polaris lounge was open to ensure a quality lounge experience that the UA clubs currently do not provide
Old May 30, 2017, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by physioprof
Were you officially entitled to GFL, or just giving it a try hoping for something?
Just hopping, but I thought they would make an exception because the United Club was really packed. Apparently my grudge is not that I couldn't get to GFL, but the rolling delays of the Polaris Lounge renovation at any other major cities.

At this rate, I think the Polaris lounge in HKG/NRT may be the next Polaris lounge, if UA doesn't cut the budget all of sudden.
Old May 30, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: United 1K
Originally Posted by fumje
They completely eliminated the ORD C concourse club and didn't appear to bat an eye. The distance from ORD B to C perceptually, at least, is similar to that of EWR C2/C3.

Not that I hope they do it, but I wouldn't be surprised.
Is the ORD C Club definitely gone or just still in a perpetual state of renovation. As someone who used ORD, the entire C Club game is making my already poor opinion of UA worse - this is a space that we pay EXTRA for at a giant hub. The other clubs are currently too crowded. Lack of communication and lack of a plan reflect a lack of true leadership.
Old May 30, 2017, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by uber1K_Flyer
Is the ORD C Club definitely gone or just still in a perpetual state of renovation. As someone who used ORD, the entire C Club game is making my already poor opinion of UA worse - this is a space that we pay EXTRA for at a giant hub. The other clubs are currently too crowded. Lack of communication and lack of a plan reflect a lack of true leadership.
I asked a guy standing outside the polaris lounge this question. He claimed that the polaris lounge is only taking up half the space and the other half will be for the C lounge. I've never been inside the polaris lounge so I couldn't confirm.

It does seem odd to me that they would open just one polaris lounge and place it at ORD yet have all the "polaris" planes in SFO
Old May 30, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
I emailed UA about this and was told that it would be open in "Fall 2017" in SFO.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Based on this link: http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris...-desktop-4/p/2, perhaps it is time to update the wiki?
Old Jun 6, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN
Terrible...so other than ORD it will be over a year for the next lounge to open...wow! Is zodiac building the lounges too
Old Jun 6, 2017, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Halo117
Is zodiac building the lounges too

Good one!
Old Jun 13, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: United GS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
SFO GFL agent told me the Polaris lounge would be ready by end of July.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by hdfdisk
SFO GFL agent told me the Polaris lounge would be ready by end of July.
Interesting that on the Polaris website it says early 2018
Old Jun 13, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: United GS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by N104UA
Interesting that on the Polaris website it says early 2018
Maybe there is a phase 2?
She told me the SQ/BR lounges would still be open but eventually they will be closed....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.