Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Working summary (Updated May 2018)

ORD - OPEN near C16, opened Dec 1 2016
SFO - OPEN in previous UC space in International Terminal G, April 30, 2018 (occupies previous UC+ SQ + BR lounge space)
EWR - OPEN old UC near Gate C120, June 4, 2018
IAH - OPEN - E11/E12, top floor of existing UC June 29, 2018
LAX - OPEN 12 January 2019 - Above rotunda near gate 73
IAD - "Under Construction" (2020?) - near C4, existing GFL (GFL converting to UC end of June 2018)
LHR - "Future location" - T2 opposite B46 at existing GFL (still open)
NRT - "Future location" - above existing UC
HKG - "Future location" - above gate 61, existing GFL (still open)

Polaris Progress Tracker 2017.06.26
Originally Posted by UASleeper
United has installed a Polaris Progress Tracker on its webpage, which tracks the progress of aircraft types/routes with Polaris seats and Polaris lounge openings. Here is the link:

http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris...-desktop-4/p/1

Under the "Aircraft" tab, all currently existing routes serviced by the new 773 (SFO-HKG, EWR-TLV and SFO-NRT are listed) are listed as well as (yet to be converted) 763 and 772 types. For the 763 the listed starting date is "Fall 2017." For the 772 the webpage states "Winter 2017," which sounds optimistic to me as it sounds more like 4th quarter of 2017 than the previously announced first quarter of 2018. Zodiac's output of Polaris seats for all three aircraft types must be ultra smooth by now, if United wants to stick with its predictions. Can't wait to see the first converted 763 in mid July...
Original summary
http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris-tracker-mobile/p/2
From [email protected] on 02/27/2017:
Dear XXXXX:
No announcement has been made to let us know when additional United
Polaris lounges will be opening. We are still renovating some of the
locations. Our United Premium Cabin Lounges page on our website will be
updated once the dates are announced. I've included the link for you
below.
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...n-lounges.aspx
This does not preclude any rumors from being true.

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..[
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges[url=http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showwiki.php?t=1769733](wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread
Print Wikipost

Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-202x

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2017, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by thaliajen
Regarding EWR's Polaris, I asked the Platinum Premier line rep two nights ago. I'm flying 9/12 through EWR with a Polaris flight from EWR to ATH, I'd heard that the club would be open mid-2017 so I assumed (yes, bad move) that it'd be open. The UA rep told me that it won't. I've got to admit, I didn't research this Polaris enough. I did it for a few reasons- more comfy sleep beds, pjs, and the club lounge. I had always flown BC, but this might be my last international flight in awhile. My Heath hasn't been great and other than my 2-3 trips to Cancun a year, I'm guessing that this will be it for awhile.

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by the advertising I see every time I fly (4 flights a month) and the Polaris info shooting at me by UA. When I booked my flight, I could've flown cheaper through Munich, but I thought the direct flight would be great for Polaris. Now I'm reading that there's no pjs because the flight there is under 12 hours. It's 9:50 on the way to ATH and 11:25 on the return. The pjs were a big part of the promos I got, and I admit, I'm pissed that the difference of 35 minutes means that much. But I still had the bed, right? Nope, that's not yet installed. So, for a ridiculous sum of money, I'm getting old BC with some new blankets?

I live near DTW and haven't yet booked my round trip to EWR. The prices to fly DTW-EWR-ATH were certifiably insane. But I'm considering taking a short hop to ORD on my way to EWR, just to use the Polaris lounge. It'd be a bit crazy, but at least I'd get something I'd paid for! I don't know their procedures, maybe I wouldn't be allowed in because my Polaris flight originates in EWR.

I really let the Polaris hype get to me. Now I'm stuck with a Polaris ticket that I overpaid for. I did get the SAKS duvet and pillow on my December Hawaii flight and they're nice. So that's kind of how I see my much-anticipated Polaris flight. It'll be nice, just not what I thought I was buying.
It's going to be a mess in EWR, which is why it makes sense to keep deferring it. However, it looks like the next one that will definitely be open on schedule is SFO(May be done by May or June), IAH is probably close, but you better hope EWR would be open by the end of this year.
Old May 12, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by PaulInTheSky
However, it looks like the next one that will definitely be open on schedule is SFO(May be done by May or June)
Are you suggesting phase 1 of the SFO Polaris Lounge will be open in the next six weeks? I'd be thrilled. Do you have some inside information that they plan to open phase 1 on the existing Int'l UC footprint, with no construction until they take over the other lounges' space later this year?

Last edited by RandomBaritone; May 12, 2017 at 7:45 am
Old May 12, 2017, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
Are you seriously suggesting phase 1 of the SFO Polaris Lounge will be open in the next six weeks? I'd be thrilled, given that I'm hoping to use it later this year, but what's the evidence?
That's what they said in April, but I am not entirely sure. Asked if I could go to GFL in Polaris business, denied, but they mentioned 'hang tight, Polaris should be open in May or June'. However, I am actually not optimistic for my next flights to TPE(Memorial Day weekend)
Old May 12, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
That's what they said in April, but I am not entirely sure. Asked if I could go to GFL in Polaris business, denied, but they mentioned 'hang tight, Polaris should be open in May or June'. However, I am actually not optimistic for my next flights to TPE(Memorial Day weekend)
Thanks! That timetable seems wildly optimistic -- and I worry that without enough square footage, crowding would be out of control, as it is at the new SFO UC. But we'll see what happens.
Old May 12, 2017, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Space could be a similar issue at IAD, if the PL will be the size of the current GFL.
LAX might turn out to be adequate.
Old May 12, 2017, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA MP Premier Gold (Life), Hyatt Explorer, Various other hotel FS pgms
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Space could be a similar issue at IAD, if the PL will be the size of the current GFL.
Agreed. The current IAD GFL would need to at least double in size to hold the Polaris customers at peak times. Would be woefully inadequate with current space.
Old May 13, 2017, 5:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by cesco.g
C17 would be a better location for the Polaris Lounge. While most international flights leave from the low C gates, some leave from the low D gates.
Old May 22, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: UA peon (+decades 1K), AA Exec Plt
It took them half a year to renovate the GFL in ORD and I don't think they have closed any lounge in SFO for renovation yet.
Am I wrong?
Old May 22, 2017, 8:31 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Michael D
It took them half a year to renovate the GFL in ORD and I don't think they have closed any lounge in SFO for renovation yet.
Am I wrong?
Part of the International (G terminal) club has been closed for Polaris lounge construction for some time.

That said, the official time table for SFO has been "mid 2017." I'll also be really surprised to see it this soon.
Old May 23, 2017, 6:12 pm

Programs: None anymore
Plus only half the lounge has been closed off... They still need to work on the other half. So the entire Polaris lounge will probably not be done until end of the year but will be partially open mid year?
Old May 23, 2017, 6:17 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by warrenw
Plus only half the lounge has been closed off... They still need to work on the other half. So the entire Polaris lounge will probably not be done until end of the year but will be partially open mid year?
Interesting point. Will they open half a lounge and cap capacity? That won't go over well at all.

There are something like 700 Polaris eligible customers departing SFO between approx 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. And that's not even counting *A partner departures.
Old May 23, 2017, 8:42 pm

Programs: None anymore
Originally Posted by Kacee
Interesting point. Will they open half a lounge and cap capacity? That won't go over well at all.

There are something like 700 Polaris eligible customers departing SFO between approx 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. And that's not even counting *A partner departures.
Well I know they're taking over the SG lounge and possibly one other to make a giant Polaris lounge, but last I heard SG lounge was still open so no construction in there yet......

Does anybody know who has the construction contract? I work in the industry and could potentially find something out
Old May 26, 2017, 1:42 pm

Rolling Delays of Polaris SFO Lounge...

Just tried GFL, the lady with first initial 'D' flat out refused entry. Back to the United Club it goes, packed. I asked immediately what the status of the Polaris lounge, they are now saying it would be available by the end of the year.

Why am I surprised? Perhaps it's time to write to Customer Care their product is not being delivered in timely manner.

I don't even want to be in this UC at all. May as well just board earlier in the UD 747.
Old May 26, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Just tried GFL, the lady with first initial 'D' flat out refused entry. Back to the United Club it goes, packed. I asked immediately what the status of the Polaris lounge, they are now saying it would be available by the end of the year.

Why am I surprised? Perhaps it's time to write to Customer Care their product is not being delivered in timely manner.

I don't even want to be in this UC at all. May as well just board earlier in the UD 747.
I've got a TATL through SFO in early Oct. and it doesn't sound like the Polaris lounge will be operating then.

But for it to be an authentic UA rolling delay, the opening date would need to be pushed back week by week, one week at a time. Then, after, as many people as possible had booked Polaris flights through SFO to try out the new lounge in 2017, the opening should be cancelled.
Old May 29, 2017, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by transportprof
I've got a TATL through SFO in early Oct. and it doesn't sound like the Polaris lounge will be operating then.

But for it to be an authentic UA rolling delay, the opening date would need to be pushed back week by week, one week at a time. Then, after, as many people as possible had booked Polaris flights through SFO to try out the new lounge in 2017, the opening should be cancelled.
The same as EWR.

Checked with the agent at United Club C Terminal, the one next to the Starbucks: Def no go for 2017. She thought it may be early 2018, but later did admit it would probably open at the end of 2018.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.