Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Working summary (Updated May 2018)

ORD - OPEN near C16, opened Dec 1 2016
SFO - OPEN in previous UC space in International Terminal G, April 30, 2018 (occupies previous UC+ SQ + BR lounge space)
EWR - OPEN old UC near Gate C120, June 4, 2018
IAH - OPEN - E11/E12, top floor of existing UC June 29, 2018
LAX - OPEN 12 January 2019 - Above rotunda near gate 73
IAD - "Under Construction" (2020?) - near C4, existing GFL (GFL converting to UC end of June 2018)
LHR - "Future location" - T2 opposite B46 at existing GFL (still open)
NRT - "Future location" - above existing UC
HKG - "Future location" - above gate 61, existing GFL (still open)

Polaris Progress Tracker 2017.06.26
Originally Posted by UASleeper
United has installed a Polaris Progress Tracker on its webpage, which tracks the progress of aircraft types/routes with Polaris seats and Polaris lounge openings. Here is the link:

http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris...-desktop-4/p/1

Under the "Aircraft" tab, all currently existing routes serviced by the new 773 (SFO-HKG, EWR-TLV and SFO-NRT are listed) are listed as well as (yet to be converted) 763 and 772 types. For the 763 the listed starting date is "Fall 2017." For the 772 the webpage states "Winter 2017," which sounds optimistic to me as it sounds more like 4th quarter of 2017 than the previously announced first quarter of 2018. Zodiac's output of Polaris seats for all three aircraft types must be ultra smooth by now, if United wants to stick with its predictions. Can't wait to see the first converted 763 in mid July...
Original summary
http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris-tracker-mobile/p/2
From [email protected] on 02/27/2017:
Dear XXXXX:
No announcement has been made to let us know when additional United
Polaris lounges will be opening. We are still renovating some of the
locations. Our United Premium Cabin Lounges page on our website will be
updated once the dates are announced. I've included the link for you
below.
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...n-lounges.aspx
This does not preclude any rumors from being true.

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..[
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges[url=http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showwiki.php?t=1769733](wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread
Print Wikipost

Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-202x

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K; DL DM; IHG Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by transportprof
You must have been too naughty in 2018 based on the expected outcome.
ROFL

you're probably right

Last edited by NYC2SGN; Dec 11, 2018 at 12:35 pm Reason: i entered the wrong emoji
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by amtrakusa
it is possible the new Polaris lounge can be a part of new concourse or connected to the new concourse. Otherwise, i won't spend 33M on it.
No chance. The C/D concourse train station is too far away from the existing dump, and will exist for the next several decades as a visible example of the ineptitude of the MWAA.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Interesting the United website still shows "Fall 2018" for LAX. Surprised they haven't updated it if there are indeed issues.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: Delta DM CO PE OZ GE AMTRAK
Originally Posted by halls120
No chance. The C/D concourse train station is too far away from the existing dump, and will exist for the next several decades as a visible example of the ineptitude of the MWAA.
exactly how far away is it? how deep is it? it will take quite some distance to reach ground level from the train station if you measure that horizontally. knowing the lounge will be on the same side as the train station. you can build the new concourse between Polaris lounge and train station and make everything connect nicely.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:39 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
New IAD PL will become the Polaris Terminal once new C/D is built, connected underground to the train, with all patrons receiving rides to their aircraft.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tstauck
Interesting the United website still shows "Fall 2018" for LAX. Surprised they haven't updated it if there are indeed issues.
They've got eight more days to do something that would meet their deadline - either opening the lounge or updating the web site. I wonder which will prove easier to accomplish?
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by tstauck
I'm am NOT surprised they haven't updated it if there are indeed issues. UA is hardly known for updating info on their website efficiently.
tstauck likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Originally Posted by nevansm
New IAD PL will become the Polaris Terminal once new C/D is built, connected underground to the train, with all patrons receiving rides to their aircraft.
Good one!
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA PPro, TP Gold, UA Silver, Bonvoy/Hilton Gold, Global Entry
Just slap a Porsche badge on the moon buggies and they're all set!
findark likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
is that a 2039 ETA?
tuolumne and zeer0 like this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by transportprof
They've got eight more days to do something that would meet their deadline - either opening the lounge or updating the web site. I wonder which will prove easier to accomplish?
The lounge definitely can't open sooner than the 2nd week of January.

The timing change was made official Monday; I doubt UA will bother to make an interim update to the website. FWIW, the press packet for today's announcement did say LAX lounge opens in January.

Originally Posted by NYC2SGN
Oh no!!!

Is this for sure confirmed?
yes, confirmed.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 12, 2018 at 11:33 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Love an April fool’s joke in December!
Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Probably need to change dates in thread title to “2017-2020”
gcashin and SkiPremier like this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 8:38 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by Weatherboy
Unfortunately, due to an issue with a kitchen gas line, the LAX Polaris Lounge won't open until the second week of January.
NO! I was so planning on this for my December 28 flight. Hate the United Club. Guess I will be schlepping over to the Star Alliance lounge. The walk will be good for me before getting on the TATL flight.

I mean seriously they just had Oscar at LAX for the big announcement for the new routes so perhaps Oscar was also supposed to open the new LAX Polaris lounge at the same time as the historic announcement. What a farce.

Agree with the comments that United needs to do a much better of underselling and over performing rather than the oversell and underwhelm.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 3:26 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Does the IAH Polaris Lounge have stair access? When I was there, all I could see what the elevator.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.