Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Working summary (Updated May 2018)

ORD - OPEN near C16, opened Dec 1 2016
SFO - OPEN in previous UC space in International Terminal G, April 30, 2018 (occupies previous UC+ SQ + BR lounge space)
EWR - OPEN old UC near Gate C120, June 4, 2018
IAH - OPEN - E11/E12, top floor of existing UC June 29, 2018
LAX - OPEN 12 January 2019 - Above rotunda near gate 73
IAD - "Under Construction" (2020?) - near C4, existing GFL (GFL converting to UC end of June 2018)
LHR - "Future location" - T2 opposite B46 at existing GFL (still open)
NRT - "Future location" - above existing UC
HKG - "Future location" - above gate 61, existing GFL (still open)

Polaris Progress Tracker 2017.06.26
Originally Posted by UASleeper
United has installed a Polaris Progress Tracker on its webpage, which tracks the progress of aircraft types/routes with Polaris seats and Polaris lounge openings. Here is the link:

http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris...-desktop-4/p/1

Under the "Aircraft" tab, all currently existing routes serviced by the new 773 (SFO-HKG, EWR-TLV and SFO-NRT are listed) are listed as well as (yet to be converted) 763 and 772 types. For the 763 the listed starting date is "Fall 2017." For the 772 the webpage states "Winter 2017," which sounds optimistic to me as it sounds more like 4th quarter of 2017 than the previously announced first quarter of 2018. Zodiac's output of Polaris seats for all three aircraft types must be ultra smooth by now, if United wants to stick with its predictions. Can't wait to see the first converted 763 in mid July...
Original summary
http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris-tracker-mobile/p/2
From [email protected] on 02/27/2017:
Dear XXXXX:
No announcement has been made to let us know when additional United
Polaris lounges will be opening. We are still renovating some of the
locations. Our United Premium Cabin Lounges page on our website will be
updated once the dates are announced. I've included the link for you
below.
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...n-lounges.aspx
This does not preclude any rumors from being true.

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..[
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges[url=http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showwiki.php?t=1769733](wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread
Print Wikipost

Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-202x

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
IAH will also handle a ton of SE US passengers who arrived in SFO, ORD or even EWR waiting for their CRJ/E175 to carry them home. Same for departure as well
Old Jul 20, 2018, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by PBAudit
That the open rotunda was being filled in.
Nooooooo!! That’s an architectural gem from the jet-age unit terminal
Old Jul 20, 2018, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Air Houston

Customers connecting to and from Polaris business class are also eligible. I was surprised how full the IAH lounge was at 9:30 am the other day, despite only one non-stop departure (NRT) in the morning.
There's also the NH (ANA) departure to NRT that leaves about an hour after the UA NRT flight.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
IAH will also handle a ton of SE US passengers who arrived in SFO, ORD or even EWR waiting for their CRJ/E175 to carry them home. Same for departure as well
Just so I follow what you're saying, you mean XXX(Polaris)-->SFO/ORD/EWR-->IAH-->SE US cities not served through SFO/ORD/EWR, thus necessitating an extra stop in IAH? Or do you mean something else?
Old Jul 20, 2018, 5:36 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by st530
Just so I follow what you're saying, you mean XXX(Polaris)-->SFO/ORD/EWR-->IAH-->SE US cities not served through SFO/ORD/EWR, thus necessitating an extra stop in IAH? Or do you mean something else?
What Hipplewm stated makes total sense. Many people underestimate the number of passengers coming from their small cities prior to a Polaris flight or returning to their small cities after a Polaris flight that will need to wait many, many hours in the Polaris Lounges.

I have a meeting in BTR and from ORD I need to stop in IAH. The SE US is full of those cities that don't have direct flights from the UA international hubs.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by st530

Correct - there are TONS of small airports littered across Mississippi, Alabama, NE Florida, Louisiana, Arkansas etc that are only served by the B1-B31 gates at IAH

Even me, who lives in CHS, I try and route thru IAH as much as humanly possible. Airport is nicer, we get E75 most of the time. Mesa is light years better than CommuteAir. We do get mainline to ORD now, so that isn't bad either. IAH also has centurion lounge.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 1:03 am

Programs: UAMP Global Services, AA Platinum
Polaris Lounge LAX

Polaris lounge construction at LAX Terminal 7 Rotunda

Talked to UC staff today at LAX. Polaris Lounge due to open in November. Construction to close off Terminal 7 rotunda clearly visible. Taking that whole floor that housed the former GFL, including the former Rotunda. Lounge is to have 7 shower suites, 4 daybeds, dining room, bar, all the PL amenities.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 4:59 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by jcacciotti
Polaris lounge construction at LAX Terminal 7 Rotunda

Talked to UC staff today at LAX. Polaris Lounge due to open in November. Construction to close off Terminal 7 rotunda clearly visible. Taking that whole floor that housed the former GFL, including the former Rotunda. Lounge is to have 7 shower suites, 4 daybeds, dining room, bar, all the PL amenities.
Great to see things moving along here too. The LAX PL should be sufficiently large.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 6:33 pm

Oscar gives an update on the LHR Polaris Lounge: goal is to have open in first half of 2019. Seems they are really thinking this one through to compete with all the other great lounges at Heathrow.

https://www.businesstraveller.com/fe...ng-united-ceo/
Old Aug 7, 2018, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by JFKflyer26
Oscar gives an update on the LHR Polaris Lounge: goal is to have open in first half of 2019. Seems they are really thinking this one through to compete with all the other great lounges at Heathrow.

https://www.businesstraveller.com/fe...ng-united-ceo/
I hope they figure out a way to keep the regular *G/United Club members happy. The UC at LHR is by far the best one anywhere.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:41 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I hope they figure out a way to keep the regular *G/United Club members happy. The UC at LHR is by far the best one anywhere.
Good news is *G/United Club members will still have 3 other good lounges at LHR. Can't say that for most of the airports that have a United Club.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 6:57 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by zeer0
Good news is *G/United Club members will still have 3 other good lounges at LHR. Can't say that for most of the airports that have a United Club.
The AC lounge is tremendous, I might even like it better than the UC.

The LH lounge is solid too if you're in the A part of T2.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
New plan for IAD PL by C18

I'd meant to post this right after the FFG event, when cova and I heard this from United's IAD manager Omar. But I got distracted and assumed somebody else would write it up, then was out of town for a few days, blah blah blah... anyway, the new concept for a Polaris Lounge at Dulles is to build it outside of the envelope of the C concourse by gate C18, with a baggage-sorting facility on the ground level to ease bag transfers from connecting international arrivals. This way, UA would both fix an operational hangup (Omar said the current setup involves a lot of moving luggage by hand) and shoehorn in a PL without removing an existing lounge or intruding into concourse space that's already maxed out. And he said they aim to get that done by sometime next year.

As you can see in the screengrab from the United app, this space is between the Aerotrain connector and a gate that only seems to be used for regional jets, so it looks like you could build out something reasonably large there if you also evicted one of the retail tenants on either side of the restrooms. But large enough to accommodate the evening TATL bank? I'm going to have to wait to see these plans laid out in a presentation posted in an MWAA board-meeting agenda.

(What about replacing C/D entirely? I had some enlightening if not quite heartening conversations about that too, but I'll save them for which I wrote up in the appropriate thread.)

Last edited by DCA writer; Aug 20, 2018 at 9:05 pm Reason: added link
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by DCA writer

(What about replacing C/D entirely? I had some enlightening if not quite heartening conversations about that too, but I'll save them for the appropriate thread.)
Let me guess - we'll be walking from the Aerotrain station to the C/D slum for another 20 years.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Interesting info on IAD. Hard to see how they get much space without taking out the BRB (which is no great loss), restroom and in motion, and also bump way out on the tarmac.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.