Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Working summary (Updated May 2018)

ORD - OPEN near C16, opened Dec 1 2016
SFO - OPEN in previous UC space in International Terminal G, April 30, 2018 (occupies previous UC+ SQ + BR lounge space)
EWR - OPEN old UC near Gate C120, June 4, 2018
IAH - OPEN - E11/E12, top floor of existing UC June 29, 2018
LAX - OPEN 12 January 2019 - Above rotunda near gate 73
IAD - "Under Construction" (2020?) - near C4, existing GFL (GFL converting to UC end of June 2018)
LHR - "Future location" - T2 opposite B46 at existing GFL (still open)
NRT - "Future location" - above existing UC
HKG - "Future location" - above gate 61, existing GFL (still open)

Polaris Progress Tracker 2017.06.26
Originally Posted by UASleeper
United has installed a Polaris Progress Tracker on its webpage, which tracks the progress of aircraft types/routes with Polaris seats and Polaris lounge openings. Here is the link:

http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris...-desktop-4/p/1

Under the "Aircraft" tab, all currently existing routes serviced by the new 773 (SFO-HKG, EWR-TLV and SFO-NRT are listed) are listed as well as (yet to be converted) 763 and 772 types. For the 763 the listed starting date is "Fall 2017." For the 772 the webpage states "Winter 2017," which sounds optimistic to me as it sounds more like 4th quarter of 2017 than the previously announced first quarter of 2018. Zodiac's output of Polaris seats for all three aircraft types must be ultra smooth by now, if United wants to stick with its predictions. Can't wait to see the first converted 763 in mid July...
Original summary
http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris-tracker-mobile/p/2
From [email protected] on 02/27/2017:
Dear XXXXX:
No announcement has been made to let us know when additional United
Polaris lounges will be opening. We are still renovating some of the
locations. Our United Premium Cabin Lounges page on our website will be
updated once the dates are announced. I've included the link for you
below.
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...n-lounges.aspx
This does not preclude any rumors from being true.

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..[
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges[url=http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showwiki.php?t=1769733](wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread
Print Wikipost

Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-202x

Old Jun 11, 2018, 7:15 pm

Any insight into IAH PL opening dates?
Old Jun 11, 2018, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CDSEA
Any insight into IAH PL opening dates?
End of the month, supposedly. Seems likely.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 9:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K (2MM); AA LT Gold (1.9 MM); SQ; WN; DL; "Bonvoy Ambassador""
Originally Posted by fumje
End of the month, supposedly. Seems likely.
That is what I was told when I checked in to lounge last week.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Any rumor, tidbits, mentioning or passing by remarks on IAD Polaris lounge?

Will there ever be a Polaris Lounge at IAD?
ajGoes likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 5:19 am

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Will there ever be a Polaris Lounge at IAD?
It is listed as a future location on Polaris Tracker - Mobile, without a timeline...
Old Jun 22, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
If I am flying SCL-IAH-Europe and my GPU only clears for the first segment, would I enjoy access in IAH? Seems like the answer is yes but the routing is a bit unusual so not sure.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 2:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
If I am flying SCL-IAH-Europe and my GPU only clears for the first segment, would I enjoy access in IAH? Seems like the answer is yes but the routing is a bit unusual so not sure.
Yes.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:37 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Didn't see this posted yet.

According to TPG, in today's earnings call it was reported that LAX is being pushed back from "fall 2018" to "by end of 2018." IAD is now "later in 2019."

United Delays Polaris Lounges
Old Jul 18, 2018, 11:50 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by Kacee

According to TPG, in today's earnings call it was reported that LAX is being pushed back from "fall 2018" to "by end of 2018." IAD is now "later in 2019."

Last night I had a connection in lax. It must have been a slow day for the global services staff. Although my incoming flight was delayed by 45 minutes, I was met at the gate with a Mercedes transfer. My next flight was departing 2 hours later.

I asked when the Polaris lounge will be completed. She said they are trying to get the lounge completed by November. When asked about the size of the lounge, since the previous first class lounge was rather small, she mentioned that they are taking the entire floor. That the open rotunda was being filled in.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by PBAudit
When asked about the size of the lounge, since the previous first class lounge was rather small, she mentioned that they are taking the entire floor. That the open rotunda was being filled in.
UA has what, six daily Polaris departures from LAX? I guess the heaviest period would be at night, prior to MEL, SYD, and (for another couple months) SIN. In any event, I would think crowding should not be much of an issue.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 3:10 am

Which is code for "never." We're talking about IAD, the red-headed stepchild of UA hubs.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 4:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
Originally Posted by halls120
Which is code for "never." We're talking about IAD, the red-headed stepchild of UA hubs.
I wouldn't say "never", probably more like after the new C/D terminal is built. Oh wait, that probably is "never".
Old Jul 19, 2018, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by qfrodo
I wouldn't say "never", probably more like after the new C/D terminal is built. Oh wait, that probably is "never".
It is just sad about IAD.
I started flying out of IAD mid-field "temporary" terminal when I entered the job after graduating from college. At the time, I was excited to see how they will build a permanent terminal. Thirty years later, nothing much has changed. I doubt it will ever be built before I retire.
My daughter just graduated from college this year, and she has flown United out of IAD all of her life. Let's hope a permanent structure gets built before she retires....
Artpen100 and SkiPremier like this.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 1:50 am

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
UA has what, six daily Polaris departures from LAX? I guess the heaviest period would be at night, prior to MEL, SYD, and (for another couple months) SIN. In any event, I would think crowding should not be much of an issue.
Customers connecting to and from Polaris business class are also eligible. I was surprised how full the IAH lounge was at 9:30 am the other day, despite only one non-stop departure (NRT) in the morning.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by Air Houston
Customers connecting to and from Polaris business class are also eligible. I was surprised how full the IAH lounge was at 9:30 am the other day, despite only one non-stop departure (NRT) in the morning.
IAH has a ton of long-haul arrivals in the morning, LAX considerably less (really only two once SIN goes away). IAH lounge is also more accessible to pax with departures on other *A carriers . . . at LAX, they'll all be in TBIT.

But yes, connecting traffic will add to the lounge traffic.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.