Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Working summary (Updated May 2018)

ORD - OPEN near C16, opened Dec 1 2016
SFO - OPEN in previous UC space in International Terminal G, April 30, 2018 (occupies previous UC+ SQ + BR lounge space)
EWR - OPEN old UC near Gate C120, June 4, 2018
IAH - OPEN - E11/E12, top floor of existing UC June 29, 2018
LAX - OPEN 12 January 2019 - Above rotunda near gate 73
IAD - "Under Construction" (2020?) - near C4, existing GFL (GFL converting to UC end of June 2018)
LHR - "Future location" - T2 opposite B46 at existing GFL (still open)
NRT - "Future location" - above existing UC
HKG - "Future location" - above gate 61, existing GFL (still open)

Polaris Progress Tracker 2017.06.26
Originally Posted by UASleeper
United has installed a Polaris Progress Tracker on its webpage, which tracks the progress of aircraft types/routes with Polaris seats and Polaris lounge openings. Here is the link:

http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris...-desktop-4/p/1

Under the "Aircraft" tab, all currently existing routes serviced by the new 773 (SFO-HKG, EWR-TLV and SFO-NRT are listed) are listed as well as (yet to be converted) 763 and 772 types. For the 763 the listed starting date is "Fall 2017." For the 772 the webpage states "Winter 2017," which sounds optimistic to me as it sounds more like 4th quarter of 2017 than the previously announced first quarter of 2018. Zodiac's output of Polaris seats for all three aircraft types must be ultra smooth by now, if United wants to stick with its predictions. Can't wait to see the first converted 763 in mid July...
Original summary
http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris-tracker-mobile/p/2
From [email protected] on 02/27/2017:
Dear XXXXX:
No announcement has been made to let us know when additional United
Polaris lounges will be opening. We are still renovating some of the
locations. Our United Premium Cabin Lounges page on our website will be
updated once the dates are announced. I've included the link for you
below.
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...n-lounges.aspx
This does not preclude any rumors from being true.

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..[
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges[url=http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showwiki.php?t=1769733](wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread
Print Wikipost

Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-202x

Old Mar 21, 2018, 4:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by TA
Imagine the economic decision on that one?

Run a shuttle service that costs something like $500 per day, to be largely underutilized and even then mostly used by passengers who visit a lounge that gets charged to UA at another $50 per visit. I'm sure they're incentivized to offer this great feature! Hah.

It's about .90 mile each way in my Fitbit.

Maybe not a shuttle but conveyor belts for long stretches might help.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by TA
Imagine the economic decision on that one?

Run a shuttle service that costs something like $500 per day, to be largely underutilized and even then mostly used by passengers who visit a lounge that gets charged to UA at another $50 per visit. I'm sure they're incentivized to offer this great feature! Hah.
Not sure exactly how many international flights UA runs out of LAX: LHR, PVG, NRT, MEL, SYD just to name a few from the top of my head. Why not just move the international flights to TBIT if there are available gates?

Old Mar 21, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Not sure exactly how many international flights UA runs out of LAX: LHR, PVG, NRT, MEL, SYD just to name a few from the top of my head. Why not just move the international flights to TBIT if there are available gates?
Cant forget SIN! That said, I imagine there arent any slots available given the amount of international traffic into LAX...
Old Mar 22, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
A lot of people flying in and out of LAX might to connecting to local California flights in T 7 & 8 though. So that would make it tough for connections. Our company has a lot of flights originating in SBA, so at the moment it's a pretty seamless transition to the international flights down in LAX.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 22, 2018 at 3:18 pm Reason: repaired quote
Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by tstauck
A lot of people flying in and out of LAX might to connecting to local California flights in T 7 & 8 though. So that would make it tough for connections. Our company has a lot of flights originating in SBA, so at the moment it's a pretty seamless transition to the international flights down in LAX.
Yep. Agreed. Connections. And Security! With no pre-check in TBIT and LAX traffic being as crappy as it is, going to T7 is a winner winner in all directions.
And don't forget customs when you return, it's eaiser to clear 1-2 UA flights than the normal banking of 5-6 (guessing on the actual number) flights landing at TBIT.

And don't forget IRROPs. When something goes south, you have an army of UA agents all around T7. Can you guess how many are at TBIT around 10PM when the Sydney/Melbourne flights go out?
tstauck likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 22, 2018 at 3:18 pm Reason: repaired quote
Old Mar 31, 2018, 8:41 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K \\ ConciergeKey
Originally Posted by wco81
It'll probably happen because I have a Polaris flight, my first on the new seats, on 4/24.
oh man I hope it opens. Have my honeymoon flight on the 25th to HKG and would love to hit the new lounge.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rumples

oh man I hope it opens. Have my honeymoon flight on the 25th to HKG and would love to hit the new lounge.
Wouldn't get hopes up.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 6:41 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
GFL: Default Polaris lounge at IAD?

I am daydreaming about a Polaris lounge at IAD. My friend went to C-17 United Club and got an invitation to GFL yesterday. I am at the GFL today. The agent did not give me an invitation right away when I entered the C-17 UC. But I asked about Polaris lounge at IAD. She then gave an invitation, which says: As one of our most valuable customers, you are invited to visit our GFL today. Please present this invitation and your boarding pass upon entry."
It is a nice surprise to me!
Old Apr 8, 2018, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by Kmxu
I am daydreaming about a Polaris lounge at IAD. My friend went to C-17 United Club and got an invitation to GFL yesterday. I am at the GFL today. The agent did not give me an invitation right away when I entered the C-17 UC. But I asked about Polaris lounge at IAD. She then gave an invitation, which says: As one of our most valuable customers, you are invited to visit our GFL today. Please present this invitation and your boarding pass upon entry."
Given that UA is phasing out selling international F tickets next month, they might as well use the space for something like this in the interim.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
This was my second trip to this lounge. There was less than five people for the first time (at noon for PEK flight). There were about 20 people this time (9 pm). I might be the only invitee there. Yes, it is under utilized.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
I have been wondering what they would do with the IAD GFL as they phase out first. It is too small for all the Polaris flights out of ISD.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 8:24 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kmxu
I've had that happen as well, on a GPU'd IAD-MUC flight. I assumed it was due to the UC being pretty full; not that I really noticed much of an improvement in the GFL, other than serving your own booze. Still struck me as being underwhelming compared to some international basic lounges.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
I havent bothered to drop by the UCs to see if I could get a GFL invitation since I go to TK and LH in search of decent food. I only go to the GFL if I am in in PolarisFirst, so I can get some better champagne before boarding.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 4:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, UA Silver, AA Gold
SFO Polaris Opening April 30

Polaris lounge in SFO is scheduled to open April 30.

Looking foreword to it!
Old Apr 9, 2018, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by SPLITTERZ
Polaris lounge in SFO is scheduled to open April 30.

Looking foreword to it!
Believe it when I see it

(what about EWR?!!)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.